UT - Police Sgt Steps Between 3 Young Children and Their Father's Gun, West Jordan

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
On Wednesday, Lambrose held his three young children — a 7-year-old girl and boys, ages 4 and 3 — and his wife hostage in their home, 9493 S. Allen Hollow. When West Jordan Police Sgt. Mitch Soper attempted to rescue them through an upstairs window, the former head of the department's SWAT Team and Marine who served several tours of duty decided he needed to protect the children when he heard Lambrose coming down the hall toward their room.

"Fearing for the children, Sgt. Soper ripped off the (window) screen, stepped into the room and as he stepped into the room saw a handgun coming into the room at the doorway. As he saw that handgun, it was pointed at the children, at least that's what he perceived. So he stepped in-between the children and the gun raising his weapon and making the decision he needed to protect the children. (He) made the decision to fire his weapon. Almost simultaneously he heard a shot as he fired," West Jordan Police Chief Doug Diamond said Friday.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=36225021&ni...ordan-police-was-self-inflicted&s_cid=queue-2

Fatal shot in standoff with West Jordan police was self-inflicted

That's s hero! I feel horrible for those children and their mom. What a horror for them. But they are alive quite possibly because of the selfless actions of Sgt. Soper IMO.

He was either mentally ill or on something. Beautiful family, New house (at least it looks that way in the pics.) Too bad she never got LE involved during the proceeding weeks when he started verbally showing he was losing it.

He was either mentally ill or on something. Beautiful family, New house (at least it looks that way in the pics.) Too bad she never got LE involved during the proceeding weeks when he started verbally showing he was losing it.
I agree. I was so saddened by the photos I had seen. They were happy.

I am just grateful that the rest of his family is here to learn to be happy again. :twocents:
I am also glad he killed himself, rather than LE having to do it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back