1175 users online (224 members and 951 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #7

Police release video in Lonzie case, claim Ruben Ebron murdered little boy
    Police cancel Amber Alert, work case as murder
    Aug 03 2015

Police announced late Monday the Amber Alert for 21-month-old Lonzie Barton is canceled and they are 100 percent sure the toddler who disappeared 10 days ago disappeared at the hands of the mother's boyfriend.

"I'm cancelling the Amber Alert and not working this as an abduction anymore," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney said. "We are working this as a murder case. You need to know that. Ruben Ebron needs to know that."

This comes after the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office obtained surveillance video that it said shows Ebron abandoning the car he claimed was stolen with Lonzie Barton inside and running away minutes before he called 911 to report it stolen and the toddler taken.

JSO: Story 'crumbling' for Lonzie Barton murder suspect
    August 4, 2015

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Twenty-one-month-old Lonzie Barton was murdered and not abducted like originally reported by 32-year-old Ruben Ebron, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Large-scale search efforts by authorities to find Lonzie wound down after Sunday, Aug. 2, ten days after he was originally reported missing by Ebron. On Monday, the toddler was added to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's list of unsolved Amber Alerts alongside 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

JSO Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney, in a media briefing on Aug. 3, implored the family and friends of Ebron to get him to tell the police what he knows. Hackney even asked Ebron himself to come forward with the location of Lonzie's body.

Order of Arrest and Commitment

Child Neglect Charges Arrest Report

Lonna Barton Arrest Report

Ebron jail calls to JR

*Media, Maps & Timeline* *No Discussion*

Rules Etiquette & Information

Thread #1Thread #2
    Thread #3Thread #4
    Thread #5Thread #6
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 09-16-2015 at 11:07 AM.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

REMINDERS:

NO name calling. Refer to case players by name or by initials.

Leave Facebook on Facebook. Do not carry rumors to this discussion.

ETA
    Lonzie Barton Case Map
    Last edited by tlcya; 09-01-2015 at 08:14 AM.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriej View Post
    bbm

--surprisingly, ruben didn't do much time for his previous crimes.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/looking...h-old/34344212

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...on-not-silence
    o. M. G.

Quote Originally Posted by GutInstinct View Post
    IMO - Ruben would have bought HIMSELF and himself ONLY Mickey D's - there would be no reason to feed L or give him a special treat towards the end. L was an object to R - I believe LL felt the same way from her words on the tape recording.

Also IMO - While it is nice to think that R would have placed L somewhere 'pretty, tranquil' etc (eg water fountain), again I am convinced these sociopaths have no compassion, no feeling for anyone other than themselves, so taking the time to place L someplace in a kind, gentle way (cough) wouldn't even be on their radar. Again, L was an object, not a human being. (Tears).
    --the poster was referring to the 5 year old little girl, not Lonzie

matou:

I'm guessing Ruben bought some McD's for the 5 year old by going through a drive-thru. He could have gone inside the restaurant with the motor running or just gone through, if his story of his engine is true. JMO
    --it was the 5 year old sister that (we've heard, although not confirmed by LE) mentioned a McDonald's in her interview w/ police.
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

Quote Originally Posted by lauriej View Post
    BBM

--surprisingly, ruben didn't do much time for his previous crimes.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/looking...h-old/34344212

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...on-not-silence
    lauriej - you are an amazing sleuther. Thanks for all of your work and posts.

Please continue discussion here.

The State Attorney's office says Ruben Ebron, the prime suspect in the #FindLonzie case, made at least 31 phone calls to a woman a judge has ordered him not to contact while he's in jail.

The petition to the court calls that woman “J.R.” and while the state attorney's office won't confirm the person's name, we do know that the mother of Ebron's three kids is [redacted]. Action News Jax asked the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office why Ebron was able to call someone he's not supposed to contact while in police custody. They told us his calls are entirely up to him.

“He can reach out through his jail phone calls to really anybody he gets with and sets up an account,” said JSO Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney. “I believe he’s aware of this. We monitor those phone calls and you can tell from statements that he makes that he is aware that we do that.”

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/ne....d2aHsRy0.dpuf

Thanks to you guys tonight! I have been trying to keep up with this case (I live about 2 hours north of Jax) and had a big weekend, so I was feeling so behind and got on here and all great posts. To think this child had an ear infection (or worse) and was so neglected by a woman who wanted to go strip that night and/or score or sell or anything but take him to the hospital (?), I don't know; but leaving such a prized possession baby boy with this totally complete psychopathic low-life that she barely knew - with a record as long as my arm - just blows me away. Hope I'm making sense. We see this so often, but this man (hate to call him that) is beyond disgusting. Actually, so is she. Poor darling little Lonzie! They will both pay. Love this Chief Hackney, hope he gets his man (and woman). Thanks again!

With the current charges against R most likely to put him away for sometime there is no reason for L not to fully cooperate with LE unless she has something to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    With the current charges against R most likely to put him away for sometime there is no reason for L not to fully cooperate with LE unless she has something to hide.
    She lied and lied, she better take any chance they give her.

I don't care what happens to the parents or babysitters.. I just want Lonzie found

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Just think of this one rule of prosecution: The first one to talk gets the best deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Katerz View Post
    I don't care what happens to the parents or babysitters.. I just want Lonzie found

I wish I could share your sentiment. I think I could if there was a chance that Lonzie was still alive but right now everything says he's not.

I want Ebron to spend the rest of his life in jail. And even if Lonna did not directly have anything to do with Lonzie's death I want her to spend some time in jail for her willful neglect of her children. I want Lonzie to be found too but I also believe it's important to remove these people from society.

And in a perfect world Lonna would never bear another baby - she has enough already that she can't be bothered to love and care for.

Rippel confirmed she is the person listed in the State Attorney’s document. She is also the mother of Ebron’s three children.

Rippel said she has spoken to Ebron at least twice since he was arrested, and that talk focused on their children.

She also said she believes Ebron is definitely a conspirator in the Lonzie Barton disappearance case.

- See more at: http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/ne....QWjRhXfh.dpuf

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarple View Post
    I wish I could share your sentiment. I think I could if there was a chance that Lonzie was still alive but right now everything says he's not.

I want Ebron to spend the rest of his life in jail. And even if Lonna did not directly have anything to do with Lonzie's death I want her to spend some time in jail for her willful neglect of her children. I want Lonzie to be found too but I also believe it's important to remove these people from society.

And in a perfect world Lonna would never bear another baby - she has enough already that she can't be bothered to love and care for.
    I wish I felt he was still alive.. But I don't that's the main goal for me though.. For him to be found. He needs to be laid to rest like he deserves.. We all have fallen in love with this boy.. We deserve to grieve him and mourn him because obviously his parents don't care

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast