Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Police release video in Lonzie case, claim Ruben Ebron murdered little boy
Police cancel Amber Alert, work case as murder
Aug 03 2015

Lorenzo-Barton--tall--jpg.jpg

Police announced late Monday the Amber Alert for 21-month-old Lonzie Barton is canceled and they are 100 percent sure the toddler who disappeared 10 days ago disappeared at the hands of the mother's boyfriend.

"I'm cancelling the Amber Alert and not working this as an abduction anymore," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney said. "We are working this as a murder case. You need to know that. Ruben Ebron needs to know that."

This comes after the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office obtained surveillance video that it said shows Ebron abandoning the car he claimed was stolen with Lonzie Barton inside and running away minutes before he called 911 to report it stolen and the toddler taken.

JSO: Story 'crumbling' for Lonzie Barton murder suspect
August 4, 2015

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Twenty-one-month-old Lonzie Barton was murdered and not abducted like originally reported by 32-year-old Ruben Ebron, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Large-scale search efforts by authorities to find Lonzie wound down after Sunday, Aug. 2, ten days after he was originally reported missing by Ebron. On Monday, the toddler was added to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's list of unsolved Amber Alerts alongside 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

JSO Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney, in a media briefing on Aug. 3, implored the family and friends of Ebron to get him to tell the police what he knows. Hackney even asked Ebron himself to come forward with the location of Lonzie's body.

Order of Arrest and Commitment

Child Neglect Charges Arrest Report

Lonna Barton Arrest Report

Ebron jail calls to JR

*Media, Maps & Timeline* *No Discussion*

Rules Etiquette & Information

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6

REMINDERS:

NO name calling. Refer to case players by name or by initials.

Leave Facebook on Facebook. Do not carry rumors to this discussion.

ETA
Lonzie Barton Case Map

IMO - Ruben would have bought HIMSELF and himself ONLY Mickey D's - there would be no reason to feed L or give him a special treat towards the end. L was an object to R - I believe LL felt the same way from her words on the tape recording.

Also IMO - While it is nice to think that R would have placed L somewhere 'pretty, tranquil' etc (eg water fountain), again I am convinced these sociopaths have no compassion, no feeling for anyone other than themselves, so taking the time to place L someplace in a kind, gentle way (cough) wouldn't even be on their radar. Again, L was an object, not a human being. (Tears).

--the poster was referring to the 5 year old little girl, not Lonzie

matou:

I'm guessing Ruben bought some McD's for the 5 year old by going through a drive-thru. He could have gone inside the restaurant with the motor running or just gone through, if his story of his engine is true. JMO

--it was the 5 year old sister that (we've heard, although not confirmed by LE) mentioned a McDonald's in her interview w/ police.

Please continue discussion here.

The State Attorney's office says Ruben Ebron, the prime suspect in the #FindLonzie case, made at least 31 phone calls to a woman a judge has ordered him not to contact while he's in jail.

The petition to the court calls that woman “J.R.” and while the state attorney's office won't confirm the person's name, we do know that the mother of Ebron's three kids is [redacted]. Action News Jax asked the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office why Ebron was able to call someone he's not supposed to contact while in police custody. They told us his calls are entirely up to him.

“He can reach out through his jail phone calls to really anybody he gets with and sets up an account,” said JSO Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney. “I believe he’s aware of this. We monitor those phone calls and you can tell from statements that he makes that he is aware that we do that.”

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...-called-woman-31-/nnT4r/#sthash.d2aHsRy0.dpuf

Thanks to you guys tonight! I have been trying to keep up with this case (I live about 2 hours north of Jax) and had a big weekend, so I was feeling so behind and got on here and all great posts. To think this child had an ear infection (or worse) and was so neglected by a woman who wanted to go strip that night and/or score or sell or anything but take him to the hospital (?), I don't know; but leaving such a prized possession baby boy with this totally complete psychopathic low-life that she barely knew - with a record as long as my arm - just blows me away. Hope I'm making sense. We see this so often, but this man (hate to call him that) is beyond disgusting. Actually, so is she. Poor darling little Lonzie! They will both pay. Love this Chief Hackney, hope he gets his man (and woman). Thanks again!

With the current charges against R most likely to put him away for sometime there is no reason for L not to fully cooperate with LE unless she has something to hide.

With the current charges against R most likely to put him away for sometime there is no reason for L not to fully cooperate with LE unless she has something to hide.

She lied and lied, she better take any chance they give her.

I don't care what happens to the parents or babysitters.. I just want Lonzie found

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Just think of this one rule of prosecution: The first one to talk gets the best deal.

I don't care what happens to the parents or babysitters.. I just want Lonzie found

I wish I could share your sentiment. I think I could if there was a chance that Lonzie was still alive but right now everything says he's not. :(

I want Ebron to spend the rest of his life in jail. And even if Lonna did not directly have anything to do with Lonzie's death I want her to spend some time in jail for her willful neglect of her children. I want Lonzie to be found too but I also believe it's important to remove these people from society.

And in a perfect world Lonna would never bear another baby - she has enough already that she can't be bothered to love and care for.

Rippel confirmed she is the person listed in the State Attorney’s document. She is also the mother of Ebron’s three children.

Rippel said she has spoken to Ebron at least twice since he was arrested, and that talk focused on their children.

She also said she believes Ebron is definitely a conspirator in the Lonzie Barton disappearance case.

- See more at: http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...-jail-speaks-acti/nnT98/#sthash.QWjRhXfh.dpuf

I wish I could share your sentiment. I think I could if there was a chance that Lonzie was still alive but right now everything says he's not. :(

I want Ebron to spend the rest of his life in jail. And even if Lonna did not directly have anything to do with Lonzie's death I want her to spend some time in jail for her willful neglect of her children. I want Lonzie to be found too but I also believe it's important to remove these people from society.

And in a perfect world Lonna would never bear another baby - she has enough already that she can't be bothered to love and care for.

I wish I felt he was still alive.. But I don't [emoji22] that's the main goal for me though.. For him to be found. He needs to be laid to rest like he deserves.. We all have fallen in love with this boy.. We deserve to grieve him and mourn him because obviously his parents don't care

Rippel confirmed she is the person listed in the State Attorney’s document. She is also the mother of Ebron’s three children.

Rippel said she has spoken to Ebron at least twice since he was arrested, and that talk focused on their children.

She also said she believes Ebron is definitely a conspirator in the Lonzie Barton disappearance case.

- See more at: http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...-jail-speaks-acti/nnT98/#sthash.QWjRhXfh.dpuf

I wonder if his parents feel the same way if she is staying with them.

I wonder if his parents feel the same way if she is staying with them.

My thought exactly. The reporter found her at Ebron's parents' house, and she made the statement that she think Ebron is a conspirator in Lonzie's disappearance.

Please say more, JR!

From your link:

Action News Jax reporter Cole Heath went to Ebron's parents front door and was greeted by a woman by the name of Jessica Rippel.

So she's hanging with Ebron's parents. I mean, I guess it makes sense since she's the mother of their grandchildren. But it leaves me wondering about their relationship with Lonna.

They must then know about the order of protection JR has against Ebron and if so did they persuade her to file to dismiss the motion to include the children?

I thought it was a bit odd in LL's charges of child neglect that were posted in the last thread it states about child neglect with no great bodily harm? How would they know exactly what kind of bodily harm came to Lonzie when he hasn't been recovered yet?
For all intents and purposes IMO great bodily harm did come to Lonzie if they had to hide his little body so well no one can find him to date. And nobody at this point in time knows who is really responsible for what in this crime because there have been no additional charges apart from the neglect of two children and lying to LE of which both RE & LL are charged with.

(snipped)

Case 16-2015-CF-007314-AXXX-MA
Lonna Lauramore Barton

8/26/2015 INFORMATION FILED S827.03(3)(C) CHILD NEGLECT - NO GREAT BODILY HARM
8/26/2015 INFORMATION FILED S827.03(3)(C) CHILD NEGLECT - NO GREAT BODILY HARM
8/26/2015 INFORMATION FILED S837.055 GIVING FALSE INFORMATION TO LAW ENFORCEMENT DURING INVESTIGATION

From your link:

Action News Jax reporter Cole Heath went to Ebron's parents front door and was greeted by a woman by the name of Jessica Rippel.

So she's hanging with Ebron's parents. I mean, I guess it makes sense since she's the mother of their grandchildren. But it leaves me wondering about their relationship with Lonna.

They must then know about the order of protection JR has against Ebron and if so did they persuade her to file to dismiss the motion to include the children?

What relationship? Ebron's mother stated in an interview that she had never met Lonna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail