825 users online (140 members and 685 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

"The President couldn't have chosen a better man": Mike Brown

Brown's Resume and Background Under Scrutiny
    TIME Investigation Reveals Discrepancies in Biographies

His entire resume is a LIE!!

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...00010000000001

As I said a few days ago, whoever is second in charge should be studying all the manuals...I don't think Brown is gonna be around long. (I'd predict a "resignation" or "transfer" of duties, maybe not now in the middle of all this, but in the coming months.)

But, if this is all true - OMG. He should do the honorable thing and resign now, or get his a** fired. That would send a strong message, that would be well deserved, apparently.

IMO, of course.

I heard Rudy Guiliani mentioned as a possible replacement this morning. I kinda liked that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrity
    I heard Rudy Guiliani mentioned as a possible replacement this morning. I kinda liked that idea.

Ohhhhh, that could be a good thing!!!!

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTYDAWG
    As I said a few days ago, whoever is second in charge should be studying all the manuals...I don't think Brown is gonna be around long. (I'd predict a "resignation" or "transfer" of duties, maybe not now in the middle of all this, but in the coming months.)

But, if this is all true - OMG. He should do the honorable thing and resign now, or get his a** fired. That would send a strong message, that would be well deserved, apparently.

IMO, of course.
    My feelings also. I'm not sure there is anyone on earth who could handle such a tragedy and collassal (sp?) disaster that we've never experienced before without making any mistakes, but if he's not what he was presented to be, he should meet with his superiors and resign. I also think there should be someone ready, willing, and ABLE to take over in the midst of this terrible tragedy. That should be thought over carefully - no one wants to add insult to injury.
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    I'm not sure there is anyone on earth who could handle such a tragedy and collassal (sp?) disaster that we've never experienced before without making any mistakes, but if he's not what he was presented to be, he should meet with his superiors and resign. I also think there should be someone ready, willing, and ABLE to take over in the midst of this terrible tragedy.
    I agree that this is a HUGE crisis, but if someone were in charge that didn't falsify their resume and wasn't a member of the good ole boy club, I am sure things would be running a bit smoother and seem a bit bmore under control. Right now I feel as if the situation is like a dog chasing its tail.

RUDY has my vote!

Quote Originally Posted by less0305
    My feelings also. I'm not sure there is anyone on earth who could handle such a tragedy and collassal (sp?) disaster that we've never experienced before without making any mistakes, but if he's not what he was presented to be, he should meet with his superiors and resign. I also think there should be someone ready, willing, and ABLE to take over in the midst of this terrible tragedy. That should be thought over carefully - no one wants to add insult to injury.
    Agreed. A little bit of the "be careful what you wish for...." Who, "in the system," would be READY right now to take over in the middle of this fiasco. There is no time for much of a learning curve. Unless it's someone that has had great experience in large disasters (obviously, no one has had experience in one this large and complex)...and understands the bureaucracies and how they all interact. Let's hope there is someone out there ready to take control of this thing.

Chanting:

RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Truthfully and honestly....who would want to take over this enormous undertaking without some reservations? Look how people are criticized and picked apart when it is THRUST upon them - imagine sitting back seeing it all and then deciding - "oh, hey, yeah...thow me in there under that microscope to be picked apart!! Yeah, I want some of that!"

If Rudy does it, cudos to him for stepping up to the plate. If he doesn't, I can sure understand why. Like I said before on another thread.....imagine how the pilot or traffic controller or clerk felt when people were screaming about the plane that went to a different Charleston. A mistake was made and people were ready to draw blood. But imagine the scrutiny if you're in charge of this entire disaster.
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

Quote Originally Posted by less0305
    Truthfully and honestly....who would want to take over this enormous undertaking without some reservations? Look how people are criticized and picked apart when it is THRUST upon them - imagine sitting back seeing it all and then deciding - "oh, hey, yeah...thow me in there under that microscope to be picked apart!! Yeah, I want some of that!"

If Rudy does it, cudos to him for stepping up to the plate. If he doesn't, I can sure understand why. Like I said before on another thread.....imagine how the pilot or traffic controller or clerk felt when people were screaming about the plane that went to a different Charleston. A mistake was made and people were ready to draw blood. But imagine the scrutiny if you're in charge of this entire disaster.
    So very true...as I said before, remind me never to allow any of my friends or family or the neighbor lady down the street to run for public office or hold such an important position. And it's too bad, really...as I'm sure there's many very good people that could do some good to make necessary changes. (And we can't forget, usually private industry usually pays more, etc. )

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    Chanting:

RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!

In the crowd chanting with you!

Colin Powell?? !!

Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTYDAWG
    Agreed. A little bit of the "be careful what you wish for...." Who, "in the system," would be READY right now to take over in the middle of this fiasco. There is no time for much of a learning curve. Unless it's someone that has had great experience in large disasters (obviously, no one has had experience in one this large and complex)...and understands the bureaucracies and how they all interact. Let's hope there is someone out there ready to take control of this thing.
    This morning Colin Powell's name is being mentioned to coordinate the New Orleans recovery for the Feds - I think he might be pretty good as head of FEMA as well. I think ALL the residents of NO would welcome Powell AND he and Gen Honore would make a heck of a team.

It's my opinion only - and I like it. Yours may be different
    and I may not like it, but we can just agree to disagree and move on.
    Stop Habitat Destruction - Do We Really Need To Pave Paradise?
    ~Peace~

If the implications of the article are true then not only should Brown be fired, but potentaly Bush should be impeeched. Of couse this statement is based on a lot of assumptions yet to be proven. Rudy has my vote!!!!!

mjak

Quote Originally Posted by cynder
    This morning Colin Powell's name is being mentioned to coordinate the New Orleans recovery for the Feds - I think he might be pretty good as head of FEMA as well. I think ALL the residents of NO would welcome Powell AND he and Gen Honore would make a heck of a team.
    Ooohhhh, I like that idea as well! Yes, I could see that team in there...go git 'er done!

(I almost think I like Powell and Guiliani too much to wish this on them, LOL)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast