CA CA - Diane Brown, 21, Pomona, 1 Jan 1981

I know the brother of this girl, Diane Brown. Lovely family. She had a twin sister that was deeply affected by this. The story i got from them was a little different, but not much. I would love to able to solve this.

What story did you get from the family and how was it different?

I am very surprised I stumbled upon this thread. I was directly involved when this happened and it still bothers me to this day.

I was her boyfriend at the time. Diane and I had gotten in an argument on the way home from a New Years Eve party in the San Fernando valley and she wanted me to give her a ride to her sisters house. We had been drinking and I didn't want to drive anymore that night so I refused.

We parked the car and she took off walking toward the freeway onramp. I figured she'd change her mind and walk back home shortly but that was the last time I ever saw her.

After a couple of days Diane's twin sister called me and asked if I had heard from her. I told her that I had not. I told her (the sister) that I figured she (Diane) was with her (the sister) and was still mad at me for not giving her the ride and that's why she had not called me. That's when we knew something was wrong.

I was questioned by San Bernardino sheriff homicide detectives numerous times. I volunteered to go to San Bernardino sheriff headquarters and take a polygraph test and passed.

Looking back on it now after all I've learned, it was a bit naive of me to take that test. If for some reason I wouldn't have passed that polygraph everything would be completely different.
I was 21 years old at the time and was unaware of how the judicial system works.

It truly saddens me that whoever is responsible for this horrendous act has never been brought to justice for this crime.

I was her boyfriend at the time. Diane and I had gotten in an argument on the way home from a New Years Eve party in the San Fernando valley and she wanted me to give her a ride to her sisters house. We had been drinking and I didn't want to drive anymore that night so I refused.

We parked the car and she took off walking toward the freeway onramp. I figured she'd change her mind and walk back home shortly but that was the last time I ever saw her.

After a couple of days Diane's twin sister called me and asked if I had heard from her. I told her that I had not. I told her (the sister) that I figured she (Diane) was with her (the sister) and was still mad at me for not giving her the ride and that's why she had not called me. That's when we knew something was wrong.

I was questioned by San Bernardino sheriff homicide detectives numerous times. I volunteered to go to San Bernardino sheriff headquarters and take a polygraph test and passed.

Looking back on it now after all I've learned, it was a bit naive of me to take that test. If for some reason I wouldn't have passed that polygraph everything would be completely different.
I was 21 years old at the time and was unaware of how the judicial system works.

It truly saddens me that whoever is responsible for this horrendous act has never been brought to justice for this crime.

Well I guess you did the right thing in not driving. Which onramp was it that she was heading for?

Well I guess you did the right thing in not driving.

That's what has been haunting me for all these years. We were both angry, tired and pretty intoxicated. Her sisters house was 40mins to get her there and 40mins for me to drive back.

Which onramp was it that she was heading for?

I-22 east off of N. Bristol in Santa Ana

I never heard about her calling a friend saying she was in Pomona. That's all new to me.

Last edited:
That's what has been haunting me for all these years. We were both angry, tired and pretty intoxicated. Her sisters house was 40mins to get her there and 40mins for me to drive back.

I-22 east off of N. Bristol in Santa Ana

I never heard about her calling a friend saying she was in Pomona. That's all new to me.

Did her sister live in Pomona? I'm wondering if she called her friend as a sort call for help. The friend gets a call from her after midnight out of the blue? Or maybe it was the following morning. It's also odd to me that she would call the friend if she was planning on getting to her sister's place. I wish we knew more of the conversation with the friend.

Her sister lived in Newport Beach at the time.

Any theories on the phone call would be purely speculation on my part. I knew her friends at the time and can't think of who she would call.
As I mentioned previously, that call is new news to me.
I have had no contact with anyone on this for past 37 years until I found this thread.

Her sister lived in Newport Beach at the time.

Any theories on the phone call would be purely speculation on my part. I knew her friends at the time and can't think of who she would call.
As I mentioned previously, that call is new news to me.
I have had no contact with anyone on this for past 37 years until I found this thread.
Would she have called family?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts