1171 users online (224 members and 947 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...xico-cold-case
    Sept. 24, 2017
    Filmmaker, Family Begin New Look at New Mexico Cold Case

Nearly three decades since a 19-year-old woman disappeared from her small New Mexico town, the family with the help of a former friend and filmmaker are still searching for answers.
    KRQE-TV reported (http://bit.ly/2fq5vdd ) last week that filmmaker Melinda Esquibel began a new investigation into the disappearance of Tara Calico whose case has remained unsolved since she went missing from Belen in September 1988.

Esquibel with help from Calico's family began a documentary film project examining the vanishing of her high school friend, but that examination became an investigation after finding the case files in disorder.

Melinda posted a new podcast episode with a recorded interview with one of the "4 hunters" who think they saw Tara on her bike. Very interesting interview with the guy and he sounds very credible. I wish there was a map that showed the area(s) that he is talking about.

Good Day to all -

While trying to find the other two unreleased photos of supposedly Tara (someone, somewhere mentioned that they are on 4chan), I stumbled across this post on another form. Do websleuths have any opinion on this? Has this been discussed here?

Link

http://krqe.com/2017/09/20/renewed-h...f-tara-calico/
    rbbm
    Sept 20 2017
    The investigation took them to places they didn’t expect.

According to Esquibel, people did not want to talk about what happened and says through the course of her investigation, her life and her family’s lives have been threatened.

However, she says progress in the investigation has been made.

According to Esquibel, different areas that were overlooked before are now being searched, unearthing secrets that have been hidden for years.

She also believes that there are too many powerful people involved who do not want the case to be solved.

“People have passed who have strong ties to the community who may have deflected people coming forward from talking and getting involved. I think that has made a difference,” Esquibel said.
    Despite the picture many believed could have been Tara, found in a parking lot in Port St. Joe, Florida months after her disappearance, Michele and Melinda believe the story goes no further than Valencia County.

Much of the information uncovered cannot be released to the public because the FBI and the sheriff’s department are still building a case. A new detective was recently appointed to the case.

Anyone with information, no matter how little, is asked to call the FBI tipline or the sheriff’s office.

Quote Originally Posted by thesetup85 View Post
    Good Day to all -

While trying to find the other two unreleased photos of supposedly Tara (someone, somewhere mentioned that they are on 4chan), I stumbled across this post on another form. Do websleuths have any opinion on this? Has this been discussed here?

Link
    Good Day!
    Ok that topless pic freaked me out as does that link, wondering where that pic was found and if it is thrown out there as a red herring due to the new investigation?
    Hard to say if they are the same person,but the other pic looks staged, but then maybe the whole thing is a setup?
    imo, speculation.

I don't know.... the girl in the Polaroid looks a lot like the girl in that link.

Here is a link to the other unreleased Train picture I was trying to find:

Link

It's hard to tell since the girl is looking upwards, if she resembles Tara.

Quote Originally Posted by thesetup85 View Post
    I don't know.... the girl in the Polaroid looks a lot like the girl in that link.

Here is a link to the other unreleased Train picture I was trying to find:

Link

It's hard to tell since the girl is looking upwards, if she resembles Tara.
    What ties this picture to possibly being Tara? Why do people think this could be her? Tia. And where was this found and when, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    What ties this picture to possibly being Tara? Why do people think this could be her? Tia. And where was this found and when, etc.
    All I know is from the wiki page:

Two other Polaroid photographs, possibly of Calico, have surfaced over the years, but they have yet to be released to the public. The first was found near a construction site in Montecito, California, and is a blurry photo of a girl's face with tape covering her mouth, and light blue striped fabric behind her, "similar to that on the pillow in the Toyota van photo". It was taken on film that was not available until June 1989. The second shows "a woman loosely bound in gauze, her eyes covered with more gauze and large black-framed glasses", with a male passenger beside her on an Amtrak train. The film used was not available until February 1990. Calico's mother believed the first one was Tara, but thought the second may have been a gag.[3] Her sister stated, "They had a striking, uncalming resemblance. As for me, I will not rule them out. But keep in mind our family has had to identify many other photographs and all but those three were ruled out."

After listening to the Vanished podcast on Tara (by Melinda Esquibar) I don't think any of the Polaroids are Tara. I don't think she made it out of the general area of her bike route.
    There were some convincing sightings of her by some hunters and another man being trailed closely by a pickup truck. The most likely explanation is that she was abducted and killed close to the same area.

I hope her family can get some answers soon.

I am in the camp that the Polaroids are not of Tara. She had a very particular look.

I too believe that she was taken close to the bike path.

Quote Originally Posted by thenotebook View Post
    After listening to the Vanished podcast on Tara (by Melinda Esquibar) I don't think any of the Polaroids are Tara. I don't think she made it out of the general area of her bike route.
    There were some convincing sightings of her by some hunters and another man being trailed closely by a pickup truck. The most likely explanation is that she was abducted and killed close to the same area.

I hope her family can get some answers soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosebegoose View Post
    I am in the camp that the Polaroids are not of Tara. She had a very particular look.

I too believe that she was taken close to the bike path.
    The polaroids are definitely not Tara; that theory has alre already been thoroughly vetted and discounted by LE.
    As for answers, I think the family already has most of them, even though they haven't located Tara's body. It seems the people who murdered her escaped justice by dying young; I guess you'd call that karma.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17