WJMickler.jpg

"Wilson Jay Mickler
Missing since October 27, 1979 from St. Augustine, St. Johns County, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: November 29, 1956
Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
Height and Weight: 5' 8; 130 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair and eyes.
Marks/Scars: Wilson has scars on his chest, right thigh, abdomen and left cheek.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Last seen on October 27, 1979 at the "Green Door" bar off State Road 16 in St. Augustine, Fl.

Foul play is suspect in his disappearance."

http://jacksonville.com/wikijax/wilson-jay-mickler

"About this case: Wilson Jay Mickler, 22, was last heard from when he called home to his wife Patricia from the Green Door (Crow) Bar off State Road 16 in St. Augustine. Police believe he was involved in a fight at that bar, and died as a result.

Investigating agency: St. Johns County Sheriff's Office

If you have information: Please contact 1-888-277-TIPS (1-888-277-8477)."

I did not read anything saying he had a car and was driving. My first thought is he is probably in water, then I read where he may have been in a bar fight.

If he had a car, was it left behind?

Just noting that Wilson Jay Mickler, has also been described as blonde, his hair shoulder-length.

South Bay John Doe, although hair shorter?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unidentified_murder_victims_in_Florida#South_Bay_John_Doe

South_Bay,_FL_John_Doe_1984.jpg
"South Bay John Doe
Most recent reconstruction of the South Bay John Doe

On February 3, 1984, the skeleton of a male aged seventeen to twenty-eight was found in South Bay, Palm Beach County, Florida. It is believed that he had died within a year of his body being found. The victim was approximately five feet nine inches to six feet tall with a weight at around 110 to 130 pounds. He was found clothed; he wore blue underwear underneath a pair of white swim trunks and white socks with a blue stripe. Analysis of his bones indicated he had broken some ribs weeks before his murder and he had also suffered trauma to his right hand that failed to heal properly, which may have distorted the way his thumb looked. The young man had fillings in his teeth and had one of his back teeth extracted a year or more before.[30] The cause of death was ruled as homicide, as he had been struck with a blunt object in the back of his head. His hair was brown and was somewhat curly.[31] One missing person, Terry Stokes, has been excluded from the case"

Wondering if mp's wife has info concerning the clothing he wore the night he went missing and also if he wore a wedding band?

What Happened to Wilson?: Investigators still looking for answers nearly 40 years after man’s disappearance

http://staugustine.com/news-local-news/2017-01-22/what-happened-wilson-investigators-still-looking-answers-nearly-40-years

When a 19-year-old woman contacted the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office nearly 38 years ago to say that her husband never returned home from a local bar one February night, it opened a case that has now been worked by generations of the agency’s detectives to no avail.

The wife told authorities that Wilson Jay Mickler, 22, had been at the Green Door bar (later known as the Crow Bar) on State Road 16 the night of Feb. 27, 1979. At least one person who was subsequently questioned by authorities placed him there that night, but Mickler was never seen or heard from again.

Although authorities suspect he was killed, Mickler’s case — among the roughly 25 cold cases still open at the Sheriff’s Office — is actually a missing person case because no body has ever been found.

That’s among many aspects of the case that have made it so difficult to solve for nearly four decades.

Det. Jose Jimenez, with the Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit, is going to give it another shot. He, along with Sgt. Jeremy Russell, recently took another look at the file and sat down with The Record to talk about the case.

NamUs: https://findthemissing.org/en/cases/11206

NamUs has March 1, 1979 as Wilson's LKA date in the searchable field.

Thanks for the link!
https://findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/19264
attachment.php

Attachments

• img_19264.jpeg
    img_19264.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 47
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number --
ME/C Case Number: 80-0211F
Demographics
Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Possible First Name --
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years): 20-35
Estimated Year of Death: 1980
Estimated PMI: 2330
Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: 170 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Found: April 3, 1980
NamUs Case Created: March 20, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed: March 21, 2008
Location Found Map
Street Address: I-95 at Old King's Rd. Bunnell, Florida
County: Flagler County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of Recovery: Pedestrian Hitch-Hiker struck by tractor trailer.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: Brown
Body Hair: Description --
Facial Hair: Description Mustach
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown
Eye Description: Brown
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
White long-sleeve shirt, blue socks - On the Body

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this UID on NamUS about a week ago, and I think it's definitely a stretch, but there are a few similarities that I thought might be significant. Sorry for any formatting issues with the NamUS report; copy-pasting case files from there is extremely aggravating nowadays for some reason.

• Found 40 minutes away from where WJM was last seen (neighboring county)
  • Weight is kind of off
  • Eye and hair color match
  • Age matches
  • No mention of any scars on the UID, but the report seems brief and incomplete

The St Augustine Record Facebook page post dated 12/7/15:

HELP FIND WILSON JAY MICKLER

The St. Augustine Record is running a two-part series on active missing persons cases in St. Johns County, and how detectives go about working on the cases long after leads go cold. To read Part 1, click here: Missing, but not forgotten . Look for Part 2 in Sunday’s paper.

There are eight active cases in St. Johns County, according to the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office. Those with information on any of these missing persons cases should contact the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office’s tip line at 904-824-9099, contact CrimeStoppers at 1-888-277-8477 or text TIPS231 plus your message to CRIMES (274637).

Among the missing is Wilson Jay Mickler
What we know:
- He was reported missing on Oct. 27, 1979.
- He was last seen at the “Green Door” bar off of State Road 16.
- Foul play is suspected in his disappearance.
- He was 22 at the time of his disappearance.
The St. Augustine Record

Old post from 2011.

Mickler, Wilson Jay, 20th Oct, 1979, 22

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: November 29, 1956
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
* Height and Weight: 5' 8; 130 lbs
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair and eyes.
* Marks/Scars: Wilson has scars on his chest, right thigh, abdomen and left cheek.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Last seen on October 27, 1979 at the "Green Door" bar off State Road 16 in St. Augustine, Fl.

Link doesn't seem to be working
Looks like the old document is no longer on the site. It is as if they cycle articles thru for a period of time. I couldn't find anything in the archive. I looked to see if I had downloaded the PDF but I didn't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back