OH - Robert Barnes for sex abuse of 12 & 13yo girls, Middletown, 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A Middletown teen admitted Thursday to getting two girls drunk and having sex with them, Butler County officials said.

The girls visited Robert M. Barnes Jr. at his home on McKinley Street in late January. During the visit, Barnes gave them alcohol and had sex with the 12-year-old girl and had sexual contact with the 13-year-old girl.

Barnes, 18, pleaded guilty to one count of rape and one count of gross sexual imposition.

He could spend up to 15 years behind bars.
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4949979/detail.html

Myst, I know of a story local to me that is very similar, however, the boy in question is still 17 ... LE said nothing they could do. :mad:

golfmom said:
Myst, I know of a story local to me that is very similar, however, the boy in question is still 17 ... LE said nothing they could do. :mad:

You're kidding? Most states now have laws that prohibit getting someone drunk or high in order to have sex with them. And in this case the girls were very young. How old was the girl in the case you are aware of? That may also be a factor.

golfmom said:

I don't think that's right. I think LE in that area dropped the ball. Depending on the "legal age" of consent in that state (the boy being of age) and the girl not, he's guilty of statutory rape.

Jeana, you are just going to lose it over this story. There were three girls involved ages 12-13. A parent took the girls camping and brought along the 17 year old neighbor. The girls all *consented* and went so far as to sign the sleep mattress that they gave their virginity up to him on. The parent who took the kids camping found out and elected to keep quiet, including not telling the other parents what happened. The way one of the dad's found out was when his 13 yo daughter told what happend and stated that "sex wasn't so bad" to a 10 yo in the neighborhood. The parent of the 10 yo overheard a conversation between the 13 yo girl and the 17 yo boy where he said ... "You have to tell them that I thought you were older. I'm in big trouble." and she cried back "but, you know what grade I'm in." Yes, he was eavesdropping and had his ear to the phone when he heard that conversation.

With all that the police told the parent of the 13 yo (who is devastated he trusted friends and neighbors to take his daughter camping) said that the minimum age of consent between minors is something crazy like 8 years old.

golfmom said:
With all that the police told the parent of the 13 yo (who is devastated he trusted friends and neighbors to take his daughter camping) said that the minimum age of consent between minors is something crazy like 8 years old.

I'm not Jeanna, but I"M losing it!! Minimum age of consent is EIGHT YEARS OLD? Are they out of their flipping minds????

kgeaux said:
I'm not Jeanna, but I"M losing it!! Minimum age of consent is EIGHT YEARS OLD? Are they out of their flipping minds????

I got the eight year old info second hand. The father spoke to a *friend* of mine who told me. But the remainder of the story I got first hand. I'm sick over this ... but here's one more thing I got second hand that I didn't include, the police told the father involved that they were keeping an eye on this 17 yo and this wasn't the first *incident* that they were aware of.

I've googled my brains out trying to confirm the age of consent between minors and haven't been able to find anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back