NC NC - Virginia Lynne Beach, 37, Wilmington, 17 October 2000

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
UPsUfIn.jpg

Virginia Lynne Beach

Possible vicitm of SK John Wayne Boyer

Beach, a crack addict and prostitute, was last seen in downtown Wilmington. Her disappearance coincided with that of several local prostitutes who also went missing during the same time. Three of the others were found murdered and dumped in remote areas in the Wilmington area and in another state.

Investigating agency: Wilmington Police Department, (910) 343-3686.
http://www.starnewsonline.com/assets/pdf/WM28208128.PDF

The police department divides the city into districts so officers learn their designated neighborhoods. As a cop working the beat, Odham came to know the faces of his area quite well. One of them was a woman with dirty blonde hair named Virginia Beach. She hung out near Fourth and Wright streets, a fixture on the corner who often lent information to police.

Odham has not seen Beach since she went missing in 2000. But the knowledge that Odham gleaned as a rookie officer has helped link her to a suspected serial killer. Now a homicide detective, Odham is leading the investigation into her disappearance, hoping clues will emerge that reveal her whereabouts.
http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20120816/ARTICLES/120819789/1177?p=1&tc=pg&tc=ar

NamUs MP 12432

Ht: 59-61 inches
Wt: 90-105 pounds
Hair: Blonde/strawberry blonde, long
Eyes: Green

Mole on left chin area
Mole on upper center chest/neck area

DNA - sample submitted, tests complete
No dental charting available
Fingerprints available elsewhere

Investigating Agency
Wilmington Police Department
Detetective Cpl. Lee Odham
910-343-3686
Case Number: 2001-003620
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12432/0/

Wilmington resident here. I used to live near where Rose Marie Mallette's body was found in 2002 (I lived there around 2015). It was near train tracks that I used to explore. You never explored alone because it was often scary. You'd find eerie things like abandoned shoes and pants. Items that you'd wonder how someone could do without them in the middle of no where. It made me feel like I'd find a body nearby. I even found a discarded purse that the wallet only contained a Nurse's card. I wonder if Virginia is somewhere out there. Beyond the tracks was a swampy area. If you follow the tracks across a bridge it takes you into a rough part of downtown Wilmington (18th st I believe). From the bridge there is a park with a parking lot area with a round-a-bout that overlooks a water way. It always sketched me out being someone could easily dump a body in the middle of the night undetected.

• virginia_lynne_beach_1.jpg
  • virginia_lynne_beach_4.jpg
Beach, circa 2000; John Wayne Boyer
  • Missing Since 10/17/2000
  • Missing From Wilmington, North Carolina
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 37 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'11 - 5'1, 90 - 105 pounds

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes. Beach has a mole on the left side of her chin, and a mole on her upper chest/neck area.

Details of Disappearance​

Beach was last seen in downtown Wilmington, North Carolina on October 17, 2000. She was a prostitute, and disappeared at the same time as four other prostitutes from the same area. Three of the other missing people were found murdered and dumped in remote areas in Wilmington and out of state. Authorities believe they were victims of the serial killer John Wayne Boyer, a long-distance truck driver who targeted prostitutes throughout the southeastern United States.

A photo of Boyer is posted below with case summary. In 2003, he was convicted of killing a Wilmington woman. He was later convicted of murdering a Tennessee woman, and admitted to dumping victims' remains off Interstate 20 in South Carolina. Investigators think he could have been murdering women since as early as 1989.

Beach has never been located, and Boyer has not been charged in her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Wilmington Police Department 910-343-3686

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 2, 2017; casefile added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back