1114 users online (204 members and 910 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 388
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyle_E_Coyote View Post
    Generally, revocable trusts convert to irrevocable trust upon death, so the trust would still exist. The bulk of her estate is likely in the trust and would pay out according to the terms of the trust document.

    ETA This is very common estate planning, as it keeps virtually all of the decedent's assets out of probate.
    Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk
    she and her husband both owned the home.. He gets the whole thing assuming it was held as joint tenants with right of survivorship. And the will IS in probate.. so there are probatable assets. Although sometimes a will is filed in case something comes up later that wasnt mentioned in the will and they go to the will to see who the beneficiaries were and how she wanted things divided...like future royalties . or who she wanted left out, for example. Yes, i know that an irrevocable trust is automatic when the trustee of the revocable trust dies. Personal effects may be in it. I just wonder where the insurance proceeds, if she had life insurance, went? Into her trust? Into her estate.. directly to the children to be held in trust? MS? Land records show both she and her husband as owners of the home.. it doesnt say the revocable trust owns the home. Am i explaining this correctly? JMO

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,290
    Just wondering. - with the exception of specific requests TS may have left in the will attachment, and everything going to Mark, what IF he is involved in her murder?

    Does he still inherit everything? Or can her family contest the will? Perhaps, the person named as guardian of the children may contest it since they are named in the will?
    ***SPECULATION ONLY***

    PS: This is difficult to say. Many times wills are made early in a marriage or when the first child arrives. The couple is head over hills in love and could never imagine less than a perfect marriage. Time moves on, people change as do relationships for various reasons.
    After a period, the marriage changes, it's not so perfect now, however, couples don't think about their will and would they still want the same things.

    We don't know the type of marriage the Sievers had. From the bits and pieces we have learned, we can take a guess. Therein lies my concern over TS's will as it was made some years ago. Is it what she would want today? I sincerely hope so.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by 1&2&3 View Post
    Just wondering. - with the exception of specific requests TS may have left in the will attachment, and everything going to Mark, what IF he is involved in her murder?

    Does he still inherit everything? Or can her family contest the will? Perhaps, the person named as guardian of the children may contest it since they are named in the will?
    ***SPECULATION ONLY***

    PS: This is difficult to say. Many times wills are made early in a marriage or when the first child arrives. The couple is head over hills in love and could never imagine less than a perfect marriage. Time moves on, people change as do relationships for various reasons.
    After a period, the marriage changes, it's not so perfect now, however, couples don't think about their will and would they still want the same things.

    We don't know the type of marriage the Sievers had. From the bits and pieces we have learned, we can take a guess. Therein lies my concern over TS's will as it was made some years ago. Is it what she would want today? I sincerely hope so.
    Most/all states have slayer statutes that prevent someone involved in a murder from inheriting. Basically, the murderer is treated as if he predeceased the victim, and the estate passes to the next in line.

    Link to Florida's slayer statute:

    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/.../0732.802.html


    Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyle_E_Coyote View Post
    Most/all states have slayer statutes that prevent someone involved in a murder from inheriting. Basically, the murderer is treated as if he predeceased the victim, and the estate passes to the next in line.

    Link to Florida's slayer statute:

    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/.../0732.802.html


    Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk
    IF, no link can be made between anyone else as ordering a hit..it may take time.. but MS (even if involved) and not arrested gets the whole pie or access to the whole pie. No one is going to talk, imo. Without someone singing and turning state's evidence or something along those lines.. anyone already free stays free. Even if MS is 100% innocent he can read the tea leaves. No poly, no talking to LE, the press, etc. He probably has lawyered up and would be smart to do so. Assuming Skinner was for real, coming on here and saying he hadnt heard from MS in a while then hearing from him the next day or 2 after being here, is suspect, imo.

    Where is the shock and awe..the wow factor, the books and movies? Maybe MS and TS had the same lover and CWW and JR took it upon themselves to save the day. Nah.. IMO there had to be orders from headquarters.. Scott saying he had spent a lot of time talking with the girls the other day is also odd, IMO. Supervised visits, perhaps? I do wonder.. if the family is divided on who the next perp or perps are, who is in that "envelope of suspicion" for them? JMO

    All of this is speculation and MOO.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Queen City
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Momoffourboys View Post
    This thread is just so sad. What a great loss of an amazing and caring woman.
    My heart breaks for her family. I cannot imagine the grief.
    Yes, every time I read something about her, I feel more sad. Such an amazing woman!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I wonder if TS met her husband through his sister.
    I thought the same thing.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,945
    btw, is there a "whos who" list available. I know there is a timeline of events
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

    Wikipedia

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Mexico, USA.
    Posts
    10,721

    Dr. Sievers' RHHC Medical Practice

    I am wondering what Dr Sievers did in the years between completing her residency at University of Florida in Jacksonville and opening her practice in 2006.


    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/new...?pid=175206899
    ​Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

    Teghan Alyssa Skiba - never forget.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,802
    TS was a graduate of Ross University School of Medicine located on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

    Generally, those who attend medical school at the very expensive private medical schools that dot the Caribbean islands were usually unable, for whatever reason, to obtain admission to a U.S. based medical school. I've known a two people who attended a Caribbean medical school. One was the child of a U.S. physician who had had some personal problems that resulted in him not being accepted into any U.S. based medical school. The second admitted that he had flunked out of medical school in the U.S. and it was a second chance for him.

    Each said it was terribly expensive - not just for the tuition itself, but for cost of living and transportation to and from the Caribbean for holidays and at end of term.


    From wikipedia:
    "The medical school was founded in 1978 as The University of Dominica School of Medicine by Robert Ross, an entrepreneur.[3][4] At the time, it was the first American (US) medical school located outside of the United States. It was housed in leased facilities at The Castaways Hotel, with an inaugural class of 11 students. In 1982, the University Of Dominica School of Medicine formally changed its name to Ross University School of Medicine, at the request of the government of Dominica.

    In 1985 California state medical licensing officials (the Board of Medical Quality Assurance), began investigating RUSM, along with other medical schools located in the Caribbean.[5] The officials released a report stating that RUSM at that time had nearly no admissions standards, and that the school was in the business of providing medical degrees to "everyone that wants one."[5] However, RUSM agreed to implement a number of changes recommended by the board and has since graduated over 11,000 practicing physicians. [5]

    In the late 1990s, RUSM expressed interest in opening a new medical school in Casper, in the US state of Wyoming, but accreditation was denied by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, the organization that accredits MD-granting medical schools in the United States.[6] Some local individuals welcomed the economic impact of a new medical school on the town, but critics questioned the quality of education at a for-profit institution.[6]

    In 2003, RUSM was purchased by DeVry Education Group.[7]"

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_U...ol_of_Medicine

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Mexico, USA.
    Posts
    10,721
    Thanks AlwaysShocked. Ross is interesting.

    Here is what I am getting at: TS graduated from above mentioned Ross University School of Medicine in 1996. She next completed her residency at University of Florida in Jacksonville, according to her obit. It seems to me that she didn't open The Practice immediately upon completing her residency. So I am wondering what she did in between, if anything?
    ​Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

    Teghan Alyssa Skiba - never forget.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    FLORIDA NATIVE
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Thanks AlwaysShocked. Ross is interesting.

    Here is what I am getting at: TS graduated from above mentioned Ross University School of Medicine in 1996. She next completed her residency at University of Florida in Jacksonville, according to her obit. It seems to me that she didn't open The Practice immediately upon completing her residency. So I am wondering what she did in between, if anything?

    She had a busy practice in St Petersburg, FL prior to 2006 - -

    http://www.esteromedical.com/spotlight.html
    I think the location is key, says Dr.Teresa Sievers, a primary care internist at the EMC. Sievers relocated from a busy practice in St. Petersburg to start her practice in Estero and has been at the facility since its opening.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    459
    <modsnip>

    Dr. Sievers was resident of the year while completing a residency at the University of Florida. This is no small achievement , regardless of whether or not her degree was from Ross. Further, she went on to get a Masters degree from the University of South Florida. I personally know the reason why she attended Ross and it is not for the reasons being outlined. Teresa Sievers was brilliant and one of the hardest workers I have ever known. May she rest in peace.
    Last edited by beach; 09-17-2015 at 10:19 PM. Reason: removed quoted post

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Bonita Springs, FL
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonRain View Post
    Dr. Sievers was resident of the year while completing a residency at the University of Florida. This is no small achievement , regardless of whether or not her degree was from Ross. Further, she went on to get a Masters degree from the University of South Florida. I personally know the reason why she attended Ross and it is not for the reasons being outlined. Teresa Sievers was brilliant and one of the hardest workers I have ever known. May she rest in peace.
    Never doubted her intelligence and/or accomplishments. Surely, aside from academic, there are valid reasons to choose non U.S. MD schools.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonRain View Post
    Dr. Sievers was resident of the year while completing a residency at the University of Florida. This is no small achievement , regardless of whether or not her degree was from Ross. Further, she went on to get a Masters degree from the University of South Florida. I personally know the reason why she attended Ross and it is not for the reasons being outlined. Teresa Sievers was brilliant and one of the hardest workers I have ever known. May she rest in peace.
    Thank you, AmazonRain. A degree is a degree. There are law schools in my home state that have similar reputations. I know many brilliant, well employed lawyers who attended for financial reasons, scheduling reasons (evening division), personal reasons. TS was by all accounts, beyond talented at practicing medicine. And successful.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    181
    http://www.studentdoctor.net/2013/09...oreign-ground/

    A balanced article from a student doctor site which gives recent stats on RUSM.
    Somethin' Smells Fishy

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    3,778

    Foreign University

    It shows great commitment and determination on Dr Sievers' part to go to a foreign country and study medical school in a foreign language. That is not easy! I have nothing but great admiration for all of her achievements and qualifications.

    -Nin
    If the key does not fit, it's the wrong key.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Dr. Teresa Sievers - Statements & Transcripts
    By tlcya in forum Documents / Court Filings
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-28-2017, 07:32 PM
  2. Dr. Teresa Sievers - LE Statements and Interviews
    By debbiegarcia36 in forum Dr. Teresa Sievers
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 02-26-2016, 05:33 PM
  3. Dr. Teresa Sievers - Court information
    By lauriej in forum Resource Links & Case Calendar
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-11-2016, 08:47 PM
  4. Dr. Teresa Sievers - Youtube videos
    By KateB in forum Media Links & Timelines
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2015, 04:18 PM

Tags for this Thread