823 users online (122 members and 701 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The gun realky seems nebulous,Not sure if it exists

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    The gun realky seems nebulous,Not sure if it exists
    With how dark it was, who knows, it could have been a bb gun, or even a toy gun. I doubt the boys would have known the difference under the circumstances.

Fullmoon, do you think this perp was Jareds perp?
    Last edited by dexter75; 10-27-2015 at 10:25 AM. Reason: spellcheck

There's a thread for discussing DR. This is the reason for the child boards. Please take your DR related discussions there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
    A few things could solve the case but the biggest things would be a confession, DNA evidence or a body. It sounds like they might have some type of DNA evidence waiting on further testing and on the confession I often wonder what DR will do if anything once his parents are no longer around....and assuming he is the perp of course. In a couple of his interviews I get the impression that he is severely obedient of his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    Fullmoon, do you think this perp was Jareds perp?
    Dexter75, that is a good question. Just a gut feeling, but I don't think the perp is the same. It is intriguing that in both cases, the perp told the boys to run away as fast as they could or he would shoot them, and that the perp was described as having a low, raspy voice. I wonder if Jacob's abduction was a copycat crime. If Jared's assault was reported in the media at the time, it may have included a description of what the perp said to him, and a description of his voice. It would give the illusion that the perps were the same. It would throw off LE thinking Jacob's perp was from the immediate vicinity of the abduction site. I think the low, raspy voice of Jacob's abductor is a disguise and not his real voice. He was disguised to the gills. Too worried the boys would recognize him. Why would he use his real voice? If there was no article in the newspaper at the time regarding Jared's assault, however, I would be hard pressed to explain how the perps are different.

Quote Originally Posted by StinkSprings View Post
    There's a thread for discussing DR. This is the reason for the child boards. Please take your DR related discussions there.
    Topics are bound to blend sometimes especially when replying to a post so get used to it....oh and your "child board " seemed to draw you in for some reason....

I don't think Jared's assault was in the papers.
    Where's Logan Tucker?

Per interview with Aaron, he seemed to have seen a flash of a gun, but sometimes details do get distorted and exaggerated:

"Aaron remembers seeing the metal flash of a handgun and hearing a voice break the darkness.

A man who seemed to have come out of nowhere told them to stop, he has a gun, get off their bikes and lay down in the ditch on their stomachs."

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/...dnapping-daily

the article from the Strib only says "flash of a gun":

By Richard Meryhew, Star Tribune
    October 21, 2009
    Even now, 20 years later, Aaron Larson plays it back daily, wondering what he might have done, said or seen to make things turn out differently. "It's difficult to think about all the things that might have been," Larson said softly. "It's something I think about every single day."

"The first thing I remember was the flash of the gun, and a guy saying, 'Stop, I have a gun,'" Larson recalled. "I caught my breath. I thought it was a high school kid pulling a joke on us. ... Then it hits you: this is happening, it's no joke." The man ordered them to lie face-down in the roadside ditch. Larson remembers his heart "going 1,000 beats a minute," but having no clue what was happening. "You didn't hear about people being kidnapped or abducted. It didn't cross my mind." The man asked Trevor to look at him, then asked his age. He did the same with Aaron, then Jacob. "Then he told Trevor to run as fast as he can to the woods...
    Last edited by Jbrown324320; 10-27-2015 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added
    Children are our future. Treat them with respect, love and care.

ELOCsoul is offline Verified Author - "Finding Jacob Wetterling"
    Quote Originally Posted by prd2bokie View Post
    I don't think Jared's assault was in the papers.
    Actually, Jared's assault was reported on twice in the Cold Spring Record, and once on the front of the St Cloud Times.

I would assume the circulation of the St Cloud times was in the 100,000 range in 1989. It surely would have been known throughout central MN.

Quote Originally Posted by ELOCsoul View Post
    Actually, Jared's assault was reported on twice in the Cold Spring Record, and once on the front of the St Cloud Times.

So they all looked directly at the perp? Very interesting. ..I would assume a sketch was done.

Quote Originally Posted by bucshunter View Post
    So they all looked directly at the perp? Very interesting. ..I would assume a sketch was done.
    Of what? A masked head? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post
    yeah real funny stuff isn't it Sas?

Quote Originally Posted by bucshunter View Post
    yeah real funny stuff isn't it Sas?
    I think he was being sarcastic. Bucshunter, why don't you look at KARE 11 Julie Nelson's interview of DR online and tell me what you think about DR grinning nearly throughout the interview. Was that "real funny stuff?" The guy's a POI in a child abduction case that has caused the child's family considerable pain as well as the community, and all he can do is grin and laugh? I don't think he did himself any favors doing that interview.

This is not funny at all. You posted this directly under the conversation of Jared's abduction. Jared's perp didn't wear a mask BTW, and yes, a sketch of Jared's perp was the primary visual used in the JW abduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast