1256 users online (197 members and 1059 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    What gives Jacob's case so much interest that exceeds any other missing/abducted child case from that time period is that there is a "named" but not arrested suspect (technically a "POI"). Above and beyond the existence of a suspect there is an additional wrinkle: unlike most WS cases of this nature where much of the "conversation" involves discussion and comparison of the know facts and Evidence, in this case, none of us have knowledge of what, if any, Evidence actually exists that would implicate DR.

The "divide" in this thread is between those who only consider known facts (who generally conclude that DR is innocent and being unfairly implicated) and those who infer from Law Enforcements actions that some compelling Evidence must exist that is being held back and assume that DR is very possibly/probably guilty.

I became interested in this forum when I saw the possibility that the ongoing investigation could result in the prosecution of an innocent man. This has not happened. I continue to follow it in hopes that new information or new interpretation of known information might lead to closure of the status of DR as a suspect, and even better, to the prosecution of the actual perpetrator.

A lot of new information has come forth; particularly the Paynesville cases and the fact that there was a different trio of young boys who seem to have been stalked near Jacob's abduction site in the weeks before it happened. Joy Baker has a lot to do with bringing this information to light.

The critical information that is being withheld is a complete accounting of all tracks found on DR's driveway. It has been speculated that ALL vehicles that had recently used the roadway had been identified and excluded as that of the perpetrator once Kevin came forward. I am inclined to doubt it since Standard Investigative practice would have been to release this thereby casting a great deal more pressure on DR. I suspect they have very little except the unknown vehicle (possibly but not definitely Kevin's) and Jacobs footprints ending at those vehicle tracks. If this is the case it would suggest that they have nothing on DR and the original investigation my have been sloppy. It wouldn't surprise me it the assumption was so strong that those tracks were from the abduction vehicle that no other tracks were collected.

Sheriff Sanner admitted that the searches turned up nothing that could be considered evidence. Much has been made of some material or items being "held back for further testing". Five years ago, it would have been tempting to imagine a team of forensic techs working in an FBI lab to painstakingly identify some mystery DNA that work break the case wide open. Forget that, it is most likely something being held in case advances in forensics might justify further testing. No one should hold their breath.

Anything can happen but I'm guessing DR will retire and claim his pension and, one by one, everyone involved will die off and it will fade away from active memory.

Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    What gives Jacob's case so much interest that exceeds any other missing/abducted child case from that time period is that there is a "named" but not arrested suspect (technically a "POI"). Above and beyond the existence of a suspect there is an additional wrinkle: unlike most WS cases of this nature where much of the "conversation" involves discussion and comparison of the know facts and Evidence, in this case, none of us have knowledge of what, if any, Evidence actually exists that would implicate DR.

The "divide" in this thread is between those who only consider known facts (who generally conclude that DR is innocent and being unfairly implicated) and those who infer from Law Enforcements actions that some compelling Evidence must exist that is being held back and assume that DR is very possibly/probably guilty.

I became interested in this forum when I saw the possibility that the ongoing investigation could result in the prosecution of an innocent man. This has not happened. I continue to follow it in hopes that new information or new interpretation of known information might lead to closure of the status of DR as a suspect, and even better, to the prosecution of the actual perpetrator.

A lot of new information has come forth; particularly the Paynesville cases and the fact that there was a different trio of young boys who seem to have been stalked near Jacob's abduction site in the weeks before it happened. Joy Baker has a lot to do with bringing this information to light.

The critical information that is being withheld is a complete accounting of all tracks found on DR's driveway. It has been speculated that ALL vehicles that had recently used the roadway had been identified and excluded as that of the perpetrator once Kevin came forward. I am inclined to doubt it since Standard Investigative practice would have been to release this thereby casting a great deal more pressure on DR. I suspect they have very little except the unknown vehicle (possibly but not definitely Kevin's) and Jacobs footprints ending at those vehicle tracks. If this is the case it would suggest that they have nothing on DR and the original investigation my have been sloppy. It wouldn't surprise me it the assumption was so strong that those tracks were from the abduction vehicle that no other tracks were collected.

Sheriff Sanner admitted that the searches turned up nothing that could be considered evidence. Much has been made of some material or items being "held back for further testing". Five years ago, it would have been tempting to imagine a team of forensic techs working in an FBI lab to painstakingly identify some mystery DNA that work break the case wide open. Forget that, it is most likely something being held in case advances in forensics might justify further testing. No one should hold their breath.

Anything can happen but I'm guessing DR will retire and claim his pension and, one by one, everyone involved will die off and it will fade away from active memory.
    I think we all share the same frustrations with the lack of information released by LE on why DR is the only named POI. That being said it’s really hard for me to get past all the odd statements & actions he has done or didn’t do over the years…all of which has been discussed on here hundreds of times. I want DR to be innocent of this crime as much as anyone.. but after studying several missing persons cases and paying attention to LE’s actions on all of them I just don’t think he’s completely innocent. He might not have done the abduction but I wholeheartedly believe if he wasn’t responsible that he knows who is. That brings up many other questions.. one of which is why he would continue to keep the info to himself and keep covering for the person really responsible. The first thing I think of is covering for another close family member...and for all the people stuck on a vehicle being used it’s easy to say he or that family member could’ve used one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie M View Post

DR simply does not fit the witness description

Years ago when the late Delbert Huber was a suspect it was pointed out how similar he was to composite drawings (stocky build) , how he often used a gun and aggressive threatening language to neighbors , and had a deep raspy voice .... all the same things the two other boys described about the kidnapper

Whereas DR is a tall , slim , soft spoken music teacher who speaks with a lisp. There is no comparison

Voice and sketches (of Delbert Huber) mentioned here http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...ing-abduction/

I am not promoting Delbert Huber as a suspect .... but sure as heck do not think DR is involved

Speaking of guns .... did the 2 boys say if the kidnapper used a long rifle , or was it a pistol , and did DR even have a gun ..... I doubt it , a trombone maybe , not a gun.

Thanks
    Thanks, and Welcome, Arnie M.

Just a couple points here, Del Huber wasn't as "stocky" back in 1989 as he was in later years. By the time we became familiar with him, after the Tim Larson incident, he was quite heavy and walked with a bad limp. But photos of him when he was younger show him to be much thinner. He did have a raspy voice, but it was Jared's abductor who was said to have a raspy voice. Trevor said that Jacob's abductor "sounded like he had a cold." So there could be some comparison.

The boys just said "a gun" but Merle described it on the 911 call as a pistol (after having talked with the boys to calm them down a bit). So that size seems more likely. It didn't necessarily have to be a real gun, it could have been a starter pistol or anything metal and shiny.

IMO, DR being named a POI doesn't necessarily mean he's a suspect. It means he knows something about the case he isn't revealing. Perhaps who did it, or why it was done. He's stated a couple times (and Joy also stated once on her blog) that there were things DR was not ready to reveal yet.

Figuring out why and when DR came out and said "somebody could have taken Jacob and buried him in our gravel pit" is something we need to work on. Did he say this for the first time to anyone before or after the dig was completed?

I take it seriously that DR has a lot of support from community--esp. the area GLBT community

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post
    Figuring out why and when DR came out and said "somebody could have taken Jacob and buried him in our gravel pit" is something we need to work on. Did he say this for the first time to anyone before or after the dig was completed?

The person DR said this to is Patty Wetterling, back in 2009.

Here's his quote:

“The person in the area who probably did this could have taken Jacob’s body and hidden it in our gravel pit,”
    Here's the link to the info source: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/0...ing-abduction/

I believe that his comment lead to the search on his farm, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifermn View Post
    The person DR said this to is Patty Wetterling, back in 2009.

Here's his quote:

Here's the link to the info source: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/0...ing-abduction/

I believe that his comment lead to the search on his farm, just my opinion.
    Maybe he thought they had him when Patty sat down with him. Why is he suddenly saying such a thing? Well it wasn't me, "Someone in the area" though. How does DR put this together with the tan monte carlo, and when does someone bury Jacob there? Then after the dig was completed he did a media interview and says all that was in the pit was clothes and animal bones. But the public, DR, and even the wetterlings haven't been told all of what was found or still testing yet.
    Last edited by Sasquatch321; 09-06-2015 at 05:08 PM.

One of the best places to get clear answers is from Dan Rassier himself in the comments section of this CBS Minnesota article.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/0...ing-abduction/

WOW .... he is being confronted by a rabid accuser who goes by the name "Boots" aka "JanetN" and he answers everything in an articulate , honest, and gentlemanly manner. I was impressed. This man has nothing to hide and hides from nothing

Insightful reading to say the least , scroll down to the comment section and be sure to keep clicking "see more comments" to get them all.

Quote Originally Posted by shergal View Post
    <snip>
    Kevin: “I never came forward. I figured I didn’t have to.”
    Kevin was 21 at the time. He heard something on the scanner. Saw a police car speed by his house. Curious, he tried to follow the squad. He was there so fast there was no police crime scene tape around the bikes and scooter yet. He drove away and told a police officer what he’d seen.
    Kevin: “He said, yeh we know all about that. I know about the bikes. And that was it. It was like I was bothering him. We backed out and left and that was it.”
    <snip>
    Not pointing fingers at anyone (Kevin) but one little tidbit has always haunted me .... so many reports have mentioned how dark it was that evening .... reports say the kidnapper made the boys go in the ditch ..... and the pictures all show the bikes were in the ditch in fairly tall grass

So how could he see those bikes from his car ?

Pictures here in post 625 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...92#post9786892

Not to mention how did he know which driveway to turn into
    (Unless it was mentioned in the police scanner radio talk)

Not to mention he said he thought he was the first one on the scene (no police there)
    And then (supposedly later) told a policeman about the bikes (policeman said Yeah they knew about the bikes)

Good points. Although lights of the csr would reflect off of the bikes.

So there are bikes in the ditch. What interest is that to leave an impression on anyone really. Bikes are not that noteworthy. Why should Kevin have wondered if he should pick them up?

And driving down DR's driveway and not continuing up to Kiwi Court does not make any sense as Kevin had not seen anything. Perhaps the action was at Kiwi Court for all he knew.

The stumbling block for me is that Joy, LE, Patty and DR have all dismissed him as having anything to do with it.

If it was just one person, it would be suspicious. The mother dismisses him. The investigative reported dismisses him. And most telling, the POI who could get off of the POI list dismisses him.

Why does DR regret not going down to the gravel pit on the night of the abduction? He said he noticed that LE was now down by the gravel pit, and that he should have gone down there, but he didn't, and he regrets that now.

Don't ask why something has been allowed that shouldn't be if you've never reported it.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

No height, but DR's weight in 2004. He sure is a top runner!

http://www.onlineraceresults.com/rac...p?race_id=1232

Site your sources. I have not seen this information before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post
    Why does DR regret not going down to the gravel pit on the night of the abduction? He said he noticed that LE was now down by the gravel pit, and that he should have gone down there, but he didn't, and he regrets that now.

Quote Originally Posted by StinkSprings View Post
    Site your sources. I have not seen this information before.
    AFAIK one of the only regular contributors to this thread with highly relevant expertise is tracker. He's stated repeatedly that the media are not always reliable in reporting relevant evidence.

All the so-called evidence against DR is not really evidence at all - it is media reporting. It's like citing something Donald Trump says as proof of an allegation. A bigger part of the alleged "evidence" against DR is that some people think he's not emotionally wrecked enough about this case, therefore he must be guilty.

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast