1359 users online (229 members and 1130 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post
    Why does DR regret not going down to the gravel pit on the night of the abduction? He said he noticed that LE was now down by the gravel pit, and that he should have gone down there, but he didn't, and he regrets that now.
    The way I understand it from listening to the interviews is he first saw prowlers in his yard and dialed 911 , found out it was searchers looking for Jacob , so he went outside , talked to police , and then used a flashlight to search his buildings , found nothing and went back inside

Unable to sleep because of all the activity he later looked out the window and saw lights (searchers) all the way down at the gravel pits and thought hmmmmm .... wonder why they are "down there".

THE ONLY REASON he said (years later) he wished he had gone down to check the gravel pits is because SOCIAL MEDIA comments accused him of not searching enough , then accused him of being the kidnapper.

In summary , social media comments were the problem , not DR himself , and he was trying to address that..

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie M View Post
    The way I understand it from listening to the interviews is he first saw prowlers in his yard and dialed 911 , found out it was searchers looking for Jacob , so he went outside , talked to police , and then used a flashlight to search his buildings , found nothing and went back inside

Unable to sleep because of all the activity he later looked out the window and saw lights (searchers) all the way down at the gravel pits and thought hmmmmm .... wonder why they are "down there".

THE ONLY REASON he said (years later) he wished he had gone down to check the gravel pits is because SOCIAL MEDIA comments accused him of not searching enough , then accused him of being the kidnapper.

In summary , social media comments were the problem , not DR himself , and he was trying to address that..
    Wow. That is fascinating. I have never read that. Could you please link the story? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Wow. That is fascinating. I have never read that. Could you please link the story? Thanks
    Couple of interviews in post #3

I don't see the social media quotes?

I don't see the social media quotes?
    Plenty more interviews besides that one.

Yes, but where are the quotes about the social media please
    Last edited by human; 09-11-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Arnie,
    Do you think Dan has done a good job with the media?

Quote Originally Posted by chaplain1 View Post
    Arnie,
    Do you think Dan has done a good job with the media?
    Some interviews yes , but he also bumbled a few. Mostly because of naivety , not guilt. He does a poor job of defending himself (explaining himself) at times

For example in the interview below he says ..... I am hoping they find something in my box of files that they may have overlooked and it helps them solve the case.

Or when asked if he has told police everything he knows he says .... "I did until 6 years ago and after what they said to me I have gone quiet"

Those types of replies dont look good on him at all. He should have said he was always fully cooperative with police until they started accusing him and trying to get him to confess .... so he does not trust them now.

Stuff like that. He says the wrong things because in his mind he is completely innocent and thinks that should be plain to everybody.

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/p...on_of_interest

Most of all I see no deception in his answers whatsoever , just tons of innocent naivety .... "hey dig over here" .... "here are my files , hope you find something"

Quote Originally Posted by StinkSprings View Post
    Site your sources. I have not seen this information before.
    Here's your source: http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-we...g-latest-news/

“I did quite a bit of searching … Did I sleep? I did eventually go to sleep but at that point it was like, what can I do? I remember getting back out of bed and going, wow, now they’re down in the gravel pit with a spotlight and thinking, Should I go down there? But, I didn’t. I regret that.”

Some interviews yes , but he also bumbled a few. Mostly because of naivety , not guilt. He does a poor job of defending himself (explaining himself) at times

For example in the interview below he says ..... I am hoping they find something in my box of files that they may have overlooked and it helps them solve the case.

Or when asked if he has told police everything he knows he says .... "I did until 6 years ago and after what they said to me I have gone quiet"

Those types of replies dont look good on him at all. He should have said he was always fully cooperative with police until they started accusing him and trying to get him to confess .... so he does not trust them now.

Stuff like that. He says the wrong things because in his mind he is completely innocent and thinks that should be plain to everybody.

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/p...on_of_interest

Most of all I see no deception in his answers whatsoever , just tons of innocent naivety .... "hey dig over here" .... "here are my files , hope you find something"
    Do you think DR is being naive or deceptive? To me, he is being deceptive because he knows who did it and may be afraid of retaliation. There have been a few unusual deaths with people I have looked at for this case and nearby Josh G case.
    Children are our future. Treat them with respect, love and care.

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn777 View Post
    Here's your source: http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-we...g-latest-news/

“I did quite a bit of searching … Did I sleep? I did eventually go to sleep but at that point it was like, what can I do? I remember getting back out of bed and going, wow, now they’re down in the gravel pit with a spotlight and thinking, Should I go down there? But, I didn’t. I regret that.”
    What do you regret about that? That you should have led them in a better direction, like towards the car you saw by your house with a girl covering her face inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrown324320 View Post
    Do you think DR is being naive or deceptive? To me, he is being deceptive because he knows who did it and may be afraid of retaliation. There have been a few unusual deaths with people I have looked at for this case and nearby Josh G case.
    Who has died unusually from this case?

Re the car with the face. If one is on a second story looking down, can one see into a car ?

Easily. I've lived in 2 stories my whole life and unless they're directly under you you can see everything clear as day.

Re the car with the face. If one is on a second story looking down, can one see into a car ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrown324320 View Post
    When did DR say he knew who did it? The only way he would know who did it is if he did, he saw someone abduct jacob, or he had a friend or family member over who he knows/suspects did it. Obvously if it's him that explains why DR is keeping quiet. A friend? I don't know anyone who wouldn't tell on a friend for abducting a child. At the very least they would call in a tip. Family member? Maybe not. But what are the chances of a pedo family member just happening to be there that night with a gun and a mask?

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast