1339 users online (253 members and 1086 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    More details about the area they were digging up + video.http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...6483&catid=396

DR was a teacher in Cold Spring at the time Jared was abducted and it's possible that Jared went to the school DR taught at, that may be the reason why he repeatedly asked "do you recognize me?" before letting Jared go.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_15606533

Whatever this means, the search through the dirt is complete. It sounds like some items are being sent for further testing. Really, the story offers no more info than we knew when the farm was searched.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...1324&catid=391

The article notes that the investigators have finished sifting through piles of dirt collected at DR's farm -- and items of interest were found, and will be sent to the lab for further analysis. It doesn't report what the items are. I'm unclear as to whether the items of interest were found in the dirt, or if this statement refers to items of interest previously seized from the property (eg: from the barn).

http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigato...ry?id=11075883
    FROM LINK ABOVE:

"A number of items
    were seized pursuant to the search warrants and will require additional processing and or analysis which could take several weeks to possibly months to complete," the Stearns County Sheriff Department statement said".

I have respectfully added bold and changed the font of pertinent part of quote for clarity.

Many articles cite that piles of dirt and ash were removed, however, this article states that many items were removed from the property. I don't know what items or from where on or within the buildings (?) of the property but items to me implies more than dirt and ash -- anyone else think so?

I also found the following link which furthers my belief that buildings were searched, and items beyond dirt and ash were indeed seized:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/n...ed-july-2-2010

"The sheriff’s office said Friday a number of items were seized in those searches. They also said those seized items will require additional processing and analysis, which could take "several weeks or months" to complete. Investigators and dogs searched some buildings at 29748 91st Ave on Wednesday, then on Thursday a backhoe and dump trucks were brought in for digging. Several dump trucks were filled with dirt and taken to garages at a Stearns County public works facility, sealed off by police tape – presumably to be analyzed for anything relating to the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling."

I'm confused by this comment in the kstp news article:

"Sources have confirmed to KSTP.com, during this summers two day search, investigators did not have a search warrant for the farm house, but rather just for the outbuildings and property. However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself."

So if they found enough evidence to go back and get a warrant to search the house, I'm curious what that was.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=874526

DR quotes: http://www.twincities.com/ci_16200880

"It's a bit of a relief, even though it doesn't answer too many questions," Rassier told the AP on Tuesday. "But it does answer the idea that Jacob could be alive and well somewhere out there. ...

There's the hope, we all have the hope that he is out there."

Rassier said among the items taken in the search was a box of newspaper clippings about Jacob's abduction and excerpts of Rassier's journal with his thoughts about the case.

"I would not expect to get those back for a while," Rassier said.

"I had nothing to do with it," Rassier said in a recent e-mail to the AP. When asked if he had obtained a lawyer, he said no. "I have nothing to hide and still trust law enforcement may come around."

http://www.twincities.com/ci_16200880

Rassier said among the items taken in the search was a box of newspaper clippings about Jacob's abduction and excerpts of Rassier's journal with his thoughts about the case.
    -------------------------

Wonder if they glean anything from doing a handwriting analysis?

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s1765250.shtml?cat=1

Watch the video -- this is DR on video giving an interview over the search results.
    Last edited by bessie; 09-05-2015 at 03:32 AM.

The Farm Search 2010

Investigators at Jacob Wetterling Abduction Site
    Published June 30, 2010, 04:34 PM
    By: Amy Forliti, Associated Press
    MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Investigators searched a central Minnesota property Wednesday where an 11-year-old boy was abducted at gunpoint nearly 21 years ago and never heard from again.

Authorities said little about the search in St. Joseph. But aerial photos taken by the St. Cloud Times showed as many as 17 vehicles, all-terrain vehicles and trailers on the property.
    - See more at: http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id....cb6qrJMY.dpuf

Law enforcement converge on site near Wetterling abduction in St. Joseph
    By Tad Vezner, Rubén Rosario, Frederick Melo and Mara H. Gottfried
    Pioneer Press - 06/30/2010 12:01:00 AM CDT

ST. JOSEPH, Minn. — A man who lives at the farm where law enforcement with earth-moving equipment converged Wednesday gave a DNA sample to investigators several years ago as part of the Jacob Wetterling abduction case, according to the man's brother.

Patty Wetterling waits, watches and wonders as farm property is searched for third time
    By Tad Vezner and Rubén Rosario Pioneer Press
    Posted: 07/01/2010 12:01:00 AM CDT

The search of the farm was prompted by new state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension agents, as well as counsel from FBI, who have been assisting on the case since 1989.

Patty Wetterling passed it all by, her sister driving her to her home a quarter-mile down the dead-end road. There, she said she would call off sick from work, make some coffee and knit some booties for her expectant daughter. She said she'll stay away from the TV.
    "I just needed to be back. I just needed to be here," she said.

Farm Search Photo Gallery Day 1

Farm Search Photo Gallery Day 2
    Last edited by bessie; 09-05-2015 at 03:31 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-jaco...ry?id=11065019

I cannot cooy, but it says that Stearns county, FBI and Team Adam were there.

Team Adam is from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and is made uo of retired LE who specialize in missing children's cases.
    Last edited by human; 09-01-2015 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks is this a new article?

——————————————————————————————————

Exclusive New Details in the Jacob Wetterling Abduction Case

By Cory Kampschroer
    KSTP.com
    September 28, 2010

Investigators seized several items during this summer’s search of the rural 158-acre St. Joseph farm.

SNIPPED BECAUSE OF COPYRIGHT
    While police are not revealing exactly what was taken from the property during the two day search that started June 30th, sources have told KSTP.com exactly what was seized.

During the search of the outbuildings and property, investigators removed six truck loads of dirt and ash.

The dirt and ash was taken to a nearby public works building, where investigators sifted through it looking for any evidence in connection with the Jacob Wetterling abduction.

KSTP.com has learned investigators did recover clothing articles and animal bones in the dirt and ash taken from the farm. Some of those items were sent to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension lab for testing.

Sources tell KSTP.com, investigators removed several items from the farm, including a lawn chair, the base of a patio umbrella stand and a cedar chest. The items had been stored in an area above a four stall garage on the Rassier property.

We have also learned investigators seized a box from Daniel Rassier’s bedroom containing news clippings and articles about the Jacob Wetterling abduction. That box also contained part of Rassier’s journal.

Sources have confirmed to KSTP.com, during this summer’s two-day search, investigators did not have a search warrant for the farm house, but rather just for the outbuildings and property. However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself.

This is the third time the Rassier family farm has been searched, the first was immediately after the abduction, the second time was 6 years ago when investigators examined Daniel Rassier’s computer.

Sources also confirm part of the reason why the farm was searched again this summer, was because new investigators took on the case and discovered evidence that had not been examined before. Another reason why investigators converged on the farm this summer is because of advances in technology.

The K-9 searching the Rassier farm was flown to St. Joseph from Louisiana. The K-9 works very closely with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Snip because of cooyright
    Read the full story at KSTP.com

Quote Originally Posted by bucshunter View Post
    Thanks is this a new article?
    No. It's an old one. We're working on adding background information to the topic threads for reference.
    Last edited by bessie; 09-02-2015 at 05:24 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by shergal View Post
    I'm confused by this comment in the kstp news article:

"Sources have confirmed to KSTP.com, during this summers two day search, investigators did not have a search warrant for the farm house, but rather just for the outbuildings and property. However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself."

So if they found enough evidence to go back and get a warrant to search the house, I'm curious what that was.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=874526
    Tell me one judge that has turned down a request for a search warrant from LE.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    Tell me one judge that has turned down a request for a search warrant from LE.
    I think LE has learned what needs to be in a warrant so that it is accepted.

As a teacher, you learned how to fill out IEP's so they meet the legal standard,LE learns as well

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast