The Farm Search 2010

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=861324&catid=391

The article notes that the investigators have finished sifting through piles of dirt collected at DR's farm -- and items of interest were found, and will be sent to the lab for further analysis. It doesn't report what the items are. I'm unclear as to whether the items of interest were found in the dirt, or if this statement refers to items of interest previously seized from the property (eg: from the barn).

http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigators-dig-evidence-wetterling-case-mom-hopeful/story?id=11075883
FROM LINK ABOVE:

"A number of items
were seized pursuant to the search warrants and will require additional processing and or analysis which could take several weeks to possibly months to complete," the Stearns County Sheriff Department statement said".

I have respectfully added bold and changed the font of pertinent part of quote for clarity.

Many articles cite that piles of dirt and ash were removed, however, this article states that many items were removed from the property. I don't know what items or from where on or within the buildings (?) of the property but items to me implies more than dirt and ash -- anyone else think so?

I also found the following link which furthers my belief that buildings were searched, and items beyond dirt and ash were indeed seized:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/minnesota/jacob-wetterling-search-items-seized-july-2-2010

"The sheriff’s office said Friday a number of items were seized in those searches. They also said those seized items will require additional processing and analysis, which could take "several weeks or months" to complete. Investigators and dogs searched some buildings at 29748 91st Ave on Wednesday, then on Thursday a backhoe and dump trucks were brought in for digging. Several dump trucks were filled with dirt and taken to garages at a Stearns County public works facility, sealed off by police tape – presumably to be analyzed for anything relating to the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling."

I'm confused by this comment in the kstp news article:

"Sources have confirmed to KSTP.com, during this summers two day search, investigators did not have a search warrant for the farm house, but rather just for the outbuildings and property. However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself."

So if they found enough evidence to go back and get a warrant to search the house, I'm curious what that was.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=874526

DR quotes: http://www.twincities.com/ci_16200880

"It's a bit of a relief, even though it doesn't answer too many questions," Rassier told the AP on Tuesday. "But it does answer the idea that Jacob could be alive and well somewhere out there. ...

There's the hope, we all have the hope that he is out there."

Rassier said among the items taken in the search was a box of newspaper clippings about Jacob's abduction and excerpts of Rassier's journal with his thoughts about the case.

"I would not expect to get those back for a while," Rassier said.

"I had nothing to do with it," Rassier said in a recent e-mail to the AP. When asked if he had obtained a lawyer, he said no. "I have nothing to hide and still trust law enforcement may come around."

http://www.twincities.com/ci_16200880

Rassier said among the items taken in the search was a box of newspaper clippings about Jacob's abduction and excerpts of Rassier's journal with his thoughts about the case.
-------------------------

Wonder if they glean anything from doing a handwriting analysis?

Investigators at Jacob Wetterling Abduction Site
Published June 30, 2010, 04:34 PM
By: Amy Forliti, Associated Press
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Investigators searched a central Minnesota property Wednesday where an 11-year-old boy was abducted at gunpoint nearly 21 years ago and never heard from again.

Authorities said little about the search in St. Joseph. But aerial photos taken by the St. Cloud Times showed as many as 17 vehicles, all-terrain vehicles and trailers on the property.
- See more at: http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/3003/#sthash.cb6qrJMY.dpuf

Law enforcement converge on site near Wetterling abduction in St. Joseph
By Tad Vezner, Rubén Rosario, Frederick Melo and Mara H. Gottfried
Pioneer Press - 06/30/2010 12:01:00 AM CDT

ST. JOSEPH, Minn. — A man who lives at the farm where law enforcement with earth-moving equipment converged Wednesday gave a DNA sample to investigators several years ago as part of the Jacob Wetterling abduction case, according to the man's brother.

Patty Wetterling waits, watches and wonders as farm property is searched for third time
By Tad Vezner and Rubén Rosario Pioneer Press
Posted: 07/01/2010 12:01:00 AM CDT

The search of the farm was prompted by new state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension agents, as well as counsel from FBI, who have been assisting on the case since 1989.

Patty Wetterling passed it all by, her sister driving her to her home a quarter-mile down the dead-end road. There, she said she would call off sick from work, make some coffee and knit some booties for her expectant daughter. She said she'll stay away from the TV.
"I just needed to be back. I just needed to be here," she said.

Farm Search Photo Gallery Day 1

Farm Search Photo Gallery Day 2

——————————————————————————————————

Exclusive New Details in the Jacob Wetterling Abduction Case

By Cory Kampschroer
KSTP.com
September 28, 2010

Investigators seized several items during this summer’s search of the rural 158-acre St. Joseph farm.

SNIPPED BECAUSE OF COPYRIGHT
While police are not revealing exactly what was taken from the property during the two day search that started June 30th, sources have told KSTP.com exactly what was seized.

During the search of the outbuildings and property, investigators removed six truck loads of dirt and ash.

The dirt and ash was taken to a nearby public works building, where investigators sifted through it looking for any evidence in connection with the Jacob Wetterling abduction.

KSTP.com has learned investigators did recover clothing articles and animal bones in the dirt and ash taken from the farm. Some of those items were sent to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension lab for testing.

Sources tell KSTP.com, investigators removed several items from the farm, including a lawn chair, the base of a patio umbrella stand and a cedar chest. The items had been stored in an area above a four stall garage on the Rassier property.

We have also learned investigators seized a box from Daniel Rassier’s bedroom containing news clippings and articles about the Jacob Wetterling abduction. That box also contained part of Rassier’s journal.

Sources have confirmed to KSTP.com, during this summer’s two-day search, investigators did not have a search warrant for the farm house, but rather just for the outbuildings and property. However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself.

This is the third time the Rassier family farm has been searched, the first was immediately after the abduction, the second time was 6 years ago when investigators examined Daniel Rassier’s computer.

Sources also confirm part of the reason why the farm was searched again this summer, was because new investigators took on the case and discovered evidence that had not been examined before. Another reason why investigators converged on the farm this summer is because of advances in technology.

The K-9 searching the Rassier farm was flown to St. Joseph from Louisiana. The K-9 works very closely with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Snip because of cooyright
Read the full story at KSTP.com

I'm confused by this comment in the kstp news article:

"Sources have confirmed to KSTP.com, during this summers two day search, investigators did not have a search warrant for the farm house, but rather just for the outbuildings and property. However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself."

So if they found enough evidence to go back and get a warrant to search the house, I'm curious what that was.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=874526

Tell me one judge that has turned down a request for a search warrant from LE.

Tell me one judge that has turned down a request for a search warrant from LE.

I think LE has learned what needs to be in a warrant so that it is accepted.

As a teacher, you learned how to fill out IEP's so they meet the legal standard,LE learns as well

I think LE has learned what needs to be in a warrant so that it is accepted.

As a teacher, you learned how to fill out IEP's so they meet the legal standard,LE learns as well

What? IEP's? Not me. That is for special education teachers. Never have even seen one.

What? IEP's? Not me. That is for special education teachers. Never have even seen one.

, I always had to sit in on IEP's and add my two cents. No special needs students in your classes ever? Never expected to carry out the goals? The forms have to be correct for Fed and State standards.
Anyway, teachers learn how to fill them out correctly . Same with LE I bet re warrants.

, I always had to sit in on IEP's and add my two cents. No special needs students in your classes ever? Never expected to carry out the goals? The forms have to be correct for Fed and State standards.
Anyway, teachers learn how to fill them out correctly . Same with LE I bet re warrants.

Only special education teachers fill these out. They plan a student's program, mainstreaming the student. In 36 years I never saw one - major/very large school district. IEP's were between the special ed teacher and the parent.

Only special education teachers fill these out. They plan a student's program, mainstreaming the student. In 36 years I never saw one - major/very large school district. IEP's were between the special ed teacher and the parent.

O/t-- all teachers have to carry out the goals. Every teacher plays a part in the child's education and every teacher is responsible for their part. Kids are no longer in self contained classrroms for years; hence the training of teachers to learn about soecial needs.

I imagine LE receives training on the law and how to meet the standards in order to get a search warrant. They have criteria which must be met which I bet is stringent because of the tremendous laws re LE and searches.

It might be interesting to bring in Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) and search directly around the home and outbuildings as well as in any areas that appear to have been for burn piles and dumping of farm debris.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back