979 users online (194 members and 785 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    He seemed to like younger ones. To me, he would pick Trevor
    Good point, but I doubt it was Parnell doing the picking. His modus opperandi was to get an accomplice to do the actual kidnap while he waited behind the wheel of his car. If Parnell was the culprit, he wouldn't have been the person who accosted the three children in the lane and asked them their ages, that would have been someone who was acting under Parnell's instructions. Maybe those instructions were vague, ie just grab one of those three, or maybe the accomplice messed up, (Parnell's accomplices usually weren't too bright).

Quote Originally Posted by Mickleham View Post
    First time poster but I have been lurking for over a year and have read every post from the beginning. I have known MF for years.....

Wow!

You are a very valuable person to participate in this !!

Even if this idea of multiple threads accomplishes nothing else, having you come forward is a real asset to Websleuths.

First time poster but I have been lurking for over a year and have read every post from the beginning. I have known MF for years. I was a member of the Youth group he was a leader for in St. Joe for 3 or 4 years. Our group would go to CYC (catholic youth camp) before camp started to clean and help setup camp and then go camping for a night or two. I dropped out of the group after being confirmed and didn't have any contact with MF for a while. I later heard that MF was arrested and jailed for "sex crimes". Years passed and I decided to get back in touch with him to see how he was doing, we never talked about what he did.
    Mickleham, again, you are a fresh and valuable presence here, thanks!

1. In retrospect, do you recall MF grooming any of the boys, or do you feel you were all groomed to some extent? Or is it more accurate to say that even after everything that's happened you really can't recall anything untoward about his behavior?

2. I have reached out to people in trouble with the law before, in part because I feel its our heritage as Americans to stick up for the essential presumption of innocence until proven guilty; and also in part because it's incumbent in my beliefs to defend the weak and offer a hand to those in serious trouble, even if the trouble is their own fault (call that my spiritual side if you like). So, with my self-righteous introduction in place I would like to ask why you re-established contact with MF after he was a known sex offender?

At that time he was working for the Red Cross (IT I think). He was also doing a lot of "extra" work (the kind for commercials and background actors in movies) and he had started a small company on the side that helped recruit others for those gigs. I signed up and he helped find me some commercials, TV shows and voice overs. We occasionally ate lunch together and went to a play with a group once. When I heard about his latest charge I ended all contact with him and haven't and won't be in touch again.
    Fascinating stuff. Really. Thanks again.

Do you see MF's talent-scout-type work as a vehicle to satiate a sexual need or is that going too far?

Did MF have business partners that you noticed? Regular friends that you knew? Or anyone who repeatedly seemed to be hanging around?

777 I know this was recently brought up and I haven't come up with a complete theory.....

What if while dropping of the boy he was with for the weekend in Kiwi court his scanner or ham radio picked up the call from Jacob to his parents? What if by this time MF all ready had "friends" in his circle that all liked to molest children. What if he auto patched one of them to tell them that the boys where going to Tom Thumb? What if he quickly raced to Tom Thumb to be a lookout for his friend? What if "Kevin" bumped into this "medical cop" when he went to Tom Thumb? What if he has an alibi to committing the crime but he helped in some way?
    I don't know how anyone could hear that MF was on Jacob's very tiny, obscure and hidden street that night and not immediately assume involvement in this case. Let me share a crude analogy a cop-friend of mine once gave me: if there is one dog in the room and some missing dog food in the room, what is the easiest and obvious explanation?

So I agree with your hypothetical as a potential explanation here. We've had this come up recently from someone else on WS that it may have been technically possible to overhear the conversation. I hope we can explore this further.

Just some thoughts.
    Along with MF's interest in radios, Jared's abductor had some kind of non-standard radio in his car. Of course scanners and the like keep re-appearing in this case....

...Kevin is of course a police-radio enthusiast. Or so we're told. The 'medical cop' that Kevin sees at Tom Thumb is probably the icing on the cake in my opinion that Kevin's story qualifies as the most outrageous set of known "facts" in this case. Let me pose two alternatives:

a. Kevin is entirely telling the truth. MF fits the bill almost perfectly as the 'medical cop'.
    b. Kevin is in some way cooperating with the police and the story made public is not so much the 100% truth as it is an investigative initiative from the police. What in the world would they float this 'medical cop' story for???

....to pressure MF?
    ....to pressure another suspect not known to the public?
    ....as some kind of diversionary tactic to keep things mixed up or to comfort the real abductor into believing MF is the main suspect?
    ....????

Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    Patsy Wetterling sounds like a thoroughly sensible woman. I'm not sure I could even stay sane in her situation, she must be a very strong person.

A poster in one of the now closed threads mentioned Kenneth Parnell as a suspect. Although I can't think of any constructive way to follow that theory up, I think its likely enough to record in here anyway. I certainly don't believe that a man of Parnell's type didn't re-offend at all between 1985 when he was released from prison, and 2003 when he was re-arrested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Parnell
    Not just parnell either, he knew guys that would do the work for him.

ADMIN NOTE:

Having trouble Dealing with Your Fellow Posters ?

The IGNORE list is your friend. Enter a user's name on your list, and that user's posts will be invisible to you.

This forum is open to all members. No one has dibs on threads.

If you can't get along with a fellow member, use the ignore feature, or simply keep on scrolling.

Thanks.

Bessie

ETA: Discussions about psychics and the paranormal are not allowed on WS.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

The abductor was masked on a moonless night. The encounter lasted mere minutes. How was it determined by the two boys and LE that we are looking for a male? Could Jacobs abductor be a female with what sounds like a male voice?

wouldn't it be unusual for Parnell to be familiar with the backroads of St Josephs? It looks like he was from California. I wouldn't exclude him, I would put him farther down on my suspect list.

I still believe there was a pedo ring operating in the area using cb radio to communicate, tell others when there were children playing unsupervised and set up places and times to gather to share pictures. SJSU had a cb radio for their security guards, MF had one, Kevin had one. If you google CB radio dictionary, "lot lizard" was prostitute and "buffalo" was male prostitute. Maybe some LE participated.
    Children are our future. Treat them with respect, love and care.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrown324320 View Post
    wouldn't it be unusual for Parnell to be familiar with the backroads of St Josephs? It looks like he was from California. I wouldn't exclude him, I would put him farther down on my suspect list.

I still believe there was a pedo ring operating in the area using cb radio to communicate, tell others when there were children playing unsupervised and set up places and times to gather to share pictures. SJSU had a cb radio for their security guards, MF had one, Kevin had one. If you google CB radio dictionary, "lot lizard" was prostitute and "buffalo" was male prostitute. Maybe some LE participated.
    Reverend Parnell may have been ready to give up his life to become a monk at the abbey. When he couldn't find the abbey he ends up lost on the dead end road in St. Joe imo.

Answers to your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Mickleham, again, you are a fresh and valuable presence here, thanks!

1. In retrospect, do you recall MF grooming any of the boys, or do you feel you were all groomed to some extent? Or is it more accurate to say that even after everything that's happened you really can't recall anything untoward about his behavior? I don't feel I was groomed in anyway, and I can't recall that anyone else was being groomed either. In retrospect there where a couple of things that where weird but at the time no one thought so.

2. I have reached out to people in trouble with the law before, in part because I feel its our heritage as Americans to stick up for the essential presumption of innocence until proven guilty; and also in part because it's incumbent in my beliefs to defend the weak and offer a hand to those in serious trouble, even if the trouble is their own fault (call that my spiritual side if you like). So, with my self-righteous introduction in place I would like to ask why you re-established contact with MF after he was a known sex offender? Not really relevant to the case, but I don't mind sharing. MF never harmed me in anyway, and although I deplore his act's, I decided that he had held up his end of society's bargain, and did his "time". I was not worried that MF would harm me and all my interactions with him where great. I knew he was a "spiritual" person, and thought (wrongly of course) that maybe he truly was repentant and there would be no further issues. As an aside, when I reacquainted myself with MF I was going to school to be a Police Officer (I finished school and "skills" but life has taken me in a different direction and I have no LE affiliation), that never seemed to make him nervous in any visible way.

I guess I'll say this..........as a society we have to deal with these offenders when they are released whether we like it or not. In my case because I had had a friendship with him, I rekindled it. I won't be doing that in the future.

Fascinating stuff. Really. Thanks again.

Do you see MF's talent-scout-type work as a vehicle to satiate a sexual need or is that going too far? I think it was an opportunity to "scout" future victims. Certainly after the fact I can see how he groomed some of his most recent victims, though again at the time it didn't occur to me.

Did MF have business partners that you noticed? He sold his company to a friend after his latest conviction, but I didn't know any of his business dealings. Regular friends that you knew? I was not friends with any of his friends. I mainly saw him on "set" when doing extra work, the occasional lunch when I would pick up my check. Or anyone who repeatedly seemed to be hanging around? Nope.

I don't know how anyone could hear that MF was on Jacob's very tiny, obscure and hidden street that night and not immediately assume involvement in this case. Let me share a crude analogy a cop-friend of mine once gave me: if there is one dog in the room and some missing dog food in the room, what is the easiest and obvious explanation?

So I agree with your hypothetical as a potential explanation here. We've had this come up recently from someone else on WS that it may have been technically possible to overhear the conversation. I hope we can explore this further. I do to. I would really like to know what his alibi is and when it was checked out. Was it checked out during that first week or only after he was convicted of his first sex crime. Is it 100% or only more than likely true. Could he have a 100% alibi for the actual abduction (as in he was at in the house speaking to the parents of the kid he dropped off in Kiwi Court), but still could of helped in someway (making an auto patch call, or standing as a lookout at tom thumb).

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrown324320 View Post

Lot lizard are the women working truck stops. Toledo Five is a major one

I think Kevin is the key to solving this

There are so many things that could further this case. Kevin, print field photos, MF alibi, DAH whereabouts that night, LE searching DR's property that night....

Quote Originally Posted by bucshunter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post
    The abductor was masked on a moonless night. The encounter lasted mere minutes. How was it determined by the two boys and LE that we are looking for a male? Could Jacobs abductor be a female with what sounds like a male voice?
    Females just don't commit many crimes period.

The few crimes they do commit tend to be centered on drugs and money and any female violence is almost always aimed at husbands/boy friends.

But if you can find females who you think might fit as Jacob's abductor, please offer them for our consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by bucshunter View Post
    Why exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by StinkSprings View Post
    There are so many things that could further this case. Kevin, print field photos, MF alibi, DAH whereabouts that night, LE searching DR's property that night....
    Aren't you fairly local? I'll set up the website for you if you'll be the local contact.....the police will make public whatever the public demands they make public.

MICKLEHAM is red
    777 is blue

I don't feel I was groomed in anyway, and I can't recall that anyone else was being groomed either. In retrospect there where a couple of things that where weird but at the time no one thought so.

Many thanks.
    You are a valued resource here and we have a lot to learn from you I think.
    Even this tidbit is possibly helpful for Jacob - maybe his abductor was someone in his life or with some kind of contact with him who no one suspected as a sex offender, just as you had no suspicions.

2. I have reached out to people in trouble with the law before, in part because I feel its our heritage as Americans to stick up for the essential presumption of innocence until proven guilty; and also in part because it's incumbent in my beliefs to defend the weak and offer a hand to those in serious trouble, even if the trouble is their own fault (call that my spiritual side if you like). So, with my self-righteous introduction in place I would like to ask why you re-established contact with MF after he was a known sex offender? Not really relevant to the case, but I don't mind sharing. MF never harmed me in anyway, and although I deplore his act's, I decided that he had held up his end of society's bargain, and did his "time". I was not worried that MF would harm me and all my interactions with him where great. I knew he was a "spiritual" person, and thought (wrongly of course) that maybe he truly was repentant and there would be no further issues. As an aside, when I reacquainted myself with MF I was going to school to be a Police Officer (I finished school and "skills" but life has taken me in a different direction and I have no LE affiliation), that never seemed to make him nervous in any visible way.

Thanks for this.
    You're right - you don't have to share personal details here.
    But in this case it IS appreciated - and it might be more relevant than you realize.

Helping us understand how you interacted with MF before and after his crimes were known helps us understand more about Jacob's abductor.
    We can understand better about MF-type sex criminals with your help, which may help us with Jacob.
    We can also understand something of the people AROUND sex criminals with your help, since you yourself chose to be around MF.

....its very possible that someone with a story similar to yours was or is in contact with Jacob's abductor. IF we know a bit more about your interactions with MF it might spark a note of recognition in someone who -perhaps unknowingly- has had interactions with a sex offender. Your story with MF is very valueable - including your own thoughts and motivations, if you are comfortable.

I guess I'll say this..........as a society we have to deal with these offenders when they are released whether we like it or not. In my case because I had had a friendship with him, I rekindled it. I won't be doing that in the future.

I appreciate your good-hearted effort to give someone a chance.
    There could be someone who took a similarly kind approach with Jacob's abductor: we might try to find.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast