1510 users online (313 members and 1197 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    As for the boys experiencing the menacing car a few weeks before Jacob, it's the kind of thing I experienced as a boy. There is or was a definite kind of ongoing harassment / hazing / abuse of younger boys by older boys in certain communities. It's hard to make all the known evidence in this case match any one scenario*, but I don't discount the boys' initial impression during the abduction that this was older boys playing a trick on them. The gravelly voice doesn't fit but everything else does - including most especially the party area that Joy discovered and with which Kevin is so intimately familiar. The boys were told to run to the trees by someone who knew there were trees over there....

* In most every case there is some evidence that doesn't fit - even when the criminal is eventually caught.
    I don't believe I have read anything about running to trees. What is the significance of that? Do you have the link to that statement please?

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    I don't believe I have read anything about running to trees. What is the significance of that? Do you have the link to that statement please?
    I believe the kidnapper said woods, not trees. Same difference.

Quote Originally Posted by StinkSprings View Post
    I never referenced that they were.
    I am not grasping what the discussion about being chased by a car has to do with Jacob, Aaron and Trevor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifermn View Post
    I believe the kidnapper said woods, not trees. Same difference.
    Do you have the quote for that please?

Do you have the quote for that please?
    "He asked one by one what their age was," Jerry Wetterling said, recounting what Trevor and Aaron told authorities. "After that, he had Trevor and Aaron, one by one, run off into the nearby woods (and told them) not to look back or else he would shoot."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/us/jacob-wetterling-abductor-the-hunt-johwn-walsh/

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifermn View Post
    "He asked one by one what their age was," Jerry Wetterling said, recounting what Trevor and Aaron told authorities. "After that, he had Trevor and Aaron, one by one, run off into the nearby woods (and told them) not to look back or else he would shoot."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/us/jacob-wetterling-abductor-the-hunt-johwn-walsh/
    Thanks. It does not say he told them to go to the trees. I know, picky.

But it is interesting . The perp would not know that there wasn't a house in a couple of yards if he was not familiar with the area. On the orher hand, if he was not familiar with the area, he could think the woods went on for miles. Could any lights of development be seen from where the perp was in that ditch area?

Been mentioned over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie M View Post
    Been mentioned over and over.
    The quote is above and to me it does not say the perp said to run to the trees.

Do you have one that says that?

I am not grasping what the discussion about being chased by a car has to do with Jacob, Aaron and Trevor?
    Human, did you see my reply to you in the Abduction thread that I referenced earlier in this thread when asking about the vehicle mentioned? That should answer your question.
    What do we think? What do we know? What can we prove?

Do you mean Joy's blog? I do not read on there anymore.

She can access IP's so I am not imterested in that.

So I take that as a no, you did not read my reply, in which I quoted the relevant section of Joy's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukiyama View Post
    So I take that as a no, you did not read my reply, in which I quoted the relevant section of Joy's post.
    No. I did not. Can you summarize please?

Joy's blog is fantastic! I've seen you reference things Joy's uncovered.

For human (click here for the original post):

Second, here’s another tidbit I’ve mentioned once before. At the time of Jacob’s abduction, there was another boy who lived on 91st Avenue, who felt maybe he had been the intended target of the abduction that night instead of Jacob. He was 14 years old at the time, and unlike Jacob who had never been allowed to go to the store before after dark, this boy and his 12 year old friend had spent nearly every night that summer going to the Tom Thumb after dark.

Here’s his story. One night, he and his 12 year old friend were coming home from the Tom Thumb, maybe around midnight. They were on Baker Street and were taking a left onto 91st Avenue, when a car came from behind them and suddenly started coming faster and faster. As they got closer to the 12 year old’s house, they cut through the ditch, across his front yard, and into the open garage as fast as they could. The car followed them into the driveway, then backed straight across the road into the neighbor’s driveway, and flashed its bright lights on the two boys. The car stayed like that for about two minutes before the boys finally ran into the house.

A couple weeks later, the boys got brave and decided to head to the Tom Thumb once again. It was late, and this time, they noticed a car going from mailbox to mailbox… very slowly… like he was getting information from each residence.

The boys remembered the car looking similar to a Pontiac 6000, but they disagreed on the color… one said blue, the other said red. For this reason, they felt like maybe they weren’t believed when they told their story to the police just few days after Jacob was abducted.

Quote Originally Posted by StinkSprings View Post
    Joy's blog is fantastic! I've seen you reference things Joy's uncovered.
    Yes, I used to read on there until someone told me that she can use her blig to track people.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast