Transgendered evacuee arrested

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A 20-year-old transgendered Hurricane Katrina evacuee remained in the Brazos County Jail on Thursday, five days after being arrested for showering inside a women's bathroom at Reed Arena.

Arpollo Vicks of New Orleans and her 16-year-old cousin were arrested Sunday night for criminal trespass after Texas A&M University Police noticed the two exiting a women's shower facility at the shelter. The two were born male but live as women and consider themselves female, Vicks said Thursday in an interview from the jail.

They are the only people who have been arrested at the local shelters since the first one opened Aug. 31, shelter officials said.

According to police who were providing security at the Reed Arena shelter, a woman complained Sunday night that several males were inside the women's shower facility.

Corps of Cadets Commandant John Van Alstyne, who is in charge of the shelter, was notified and told police that he earlier had warned Vicks and the teenager not to shower inside the women's facility.

"I know two males went into the women's rest room," Van Alstyne said Thursday. "It was something we considered inappropriate."

He declined to comment further.

"They had been warned and basically told not to do that," said Elmer Schneider, chief of the University Police Department. "Did we want to arrest them? No. We were almost forced into it because we had warned them. To me, in this case, it was something of their own choosing."

http://www.theeagle.com/stories/090905/local_20050909047.php

Casshew said:
A 20-year-old transgendered Hurricane Katrina evacuee remained in the Brazos County Jail on Thursday, five days after being arrested for showering inside a women's bathroom at Reed Arena.

Arpollo Vicks of New Orleans and her 16-year-old cousin were arrested Sunday night for criminal trespass after Texas A&M University Police noticed the two exiting a women's shower facility at the shelter. The two were born male but live as women and consider themselves female, Vicks said Thursday in an interview from the jail.

They are the only people who have been arrested at the local shelters since the first one opened Aug. 31, shelter officials said.

According to police who were providing security at the Reed Arena shelter, a woman complained Sunday night that several males were inside the women's shower facility.

Corps of Cadets Commandant John Van Alstyne, who is in charge of the shelter, was notified and told police that he earlier had warned Vicks and the teenager not to shower inside the women's facility.

"I know two males went into the women's rest room," Van Alstyne said Thursday. "It was something we considered inappropriate."

He declined to comment further.

"They had been warned and basically told not to do that," said Elmer Schneider, chief of the University Police Department. "Did we want to arrest them? No. We were almost forced into it because we had warned them. To me, in this case, it was something of their own choosing."

http://www.theeagle.com/stories/090905/local_20050909047.php
Sounds like they were pre-op.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Sounds like they were pre-op.
Guess so!

A sweet little church lady that I know had an argument with her husband recently and called the police. They showed up and arrested Her! She got to share the holding cell with a guy who dresses as a woman......the cops said they couldn't put him with the men cuz they would kill him. The little church lady said this guy was "the nicest woman" she's ever met!

kgeaux said:
Guess so!

A sweet little church lady that I know had an argument with her husband recently and called the police. They showed up and arrested Her! She got to share the holding cell with a guy who dresses as a woman......the cops said they couldn't put him with the men cuz they would kill him. The little church lady said this guy was "the nicest woman" she's ever met!

ROTHFLMAO. Twice today, kgeaux you are on a roll.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back