1121 users online (215 members and 906 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Sage, 14, & Isaac Cook, 9, Lakewood, 28 Aug 2015

Missing Boys Believed To Be Adbucted By Mother
    "uthorities were looking for two boys who went missing after they were last seen with their mother at LAX on Friday, police said.

The boys, Sage and Isaac Cook, 14 and 9, came to Los Angeles to meet their mother Faye Ku, 41, during a custodial visit.
    David Cook, the father, has full custody of the two boys and said he and Ku were in a custody dispute.

"It's a nightmare for us. We never expected to be a media story, we just expected to be a family," Cook said."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...324046401.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Wow, the report said she may be headed to China with the boys. I hope they find them before they get that far.

Authorities said Ku, who lived in Lakewood, left hr belongings, including her identification and cellphone and had no information about where she could have gone. Investigators believe it was possible Ku took the boys to China.

The leaving of her identification and cell phone behind worries me. How do you board an international flight without ID? Was her passport there? Do the boys have passports?

Ku, who lives in Lakewood, disappeared with the boys and left behind a letter blaming the children’s father for trying to control them and asked him to leave them alone, according to the Sheriff’s Department.

Ku also has a 2-year-old son named Zephyr Ku, who may be traveling with them. Zephyr Ku is the half-brother of the missing boys, according to the Sheriff’s Department.

Ku attempted to leave the country with Sage and Isaac once before, but was detained before boarding a flight to Taiwan in 2013, according to court documents.

she totally went to china. and china wont send them back. she took her passport and chinese ID.

There is nothing new that I can find online.

There is a FB page: https://www.facebook.com/helpfindsageandisaac

And there is this: "Faye Ku, 41, allegedly brought Sage and Isaac Cook to California after providing a fake “supervised visit” court order to their biological father in Washington state." http://ktla.com/2015/09/02/search-un...r-authorities/
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

You wouldn't think the Dad would send passports with the boys (if they have them) if they were just going to L.A. and she has tried to leave the country with them before. Getting a passport for a minor requires both parents showing up in person with ID with the child at the same time, so hopefully she can't get "fake" passports, although she apparently got a fake supervised visit court order. I hope they find these kids soon.

On the "help find Sage and Isaac" FB page, they are now offering a reward to find the boys. I feel so sick for their dad. How helpless he must feel.

Surly passports can be tracked if they were scanned. Also, I assume there must be security (TSA) video from LAX.

She could be anywhere in the U.S. though. Kids under 18 don't need any ID to fly with an adult. I was shocked when I took my nieces on a trip. I had their school IDs, notes from their parents, emergency contact info. They don't ask for any of it. They don't even ask "Do you know these people?" I said "Don't you need ID or something for these kids?" They said "Not if they're under 18. As long as they have a ticket they go right through."

I wonder which state has jurisdiction over the custody case. It sounds like California did if mom was able to trick dad by giving him fake papers in WA, like she presented him papers from CA court saying she was allowed to have supervision. If it was Washington with jurisdiction, I presume he lives there since that is where the kids came from. I wonder why he wouldn't have been at the hearing that granted visitation.

Maybe they never required her to give up their passports, or if dad lived in another state, maybe she claimed she did and he failed to follow up on whether she surrendered them or not.

My question is, even if mom tricked him by claiming she was eligible for supervised visits, did he send the kids on a visit w/ the mom without a supervisor present? If there was a supervisor when she picked up the kids, who was that and where is that person now? I live in WA state and unless there is supposed to be a professional supervising the visits, anyone both parents agree on can supervise.

"Ku is alleged to have presented what appeared to be a “supervised visit” court order issued by the State of Washington to the missing children’s father. The Sheriff's Department said in a press release that the father reasonably relied on what he thought was a legitimate order, and sent the children to California."

http://www.bellevuereporter.com/news/324255301.html#

So she presented a fake Washington court order. I wonder when she told him this hearing took place. I just don't get why he wouldn't have questioned the order if he wasn't at the hearing for it. Its so weird. Poor dad. I hope he finds his sons!

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt_Tulip View Post
    She could be anywhere in the U.S. though. Kids under 18 don't need any ID to fly with an adult. I was shocked when I took my nieces on a trip. I had their school IDs, notes from their parents, emergency contact info. They don't ask for any of it. They don't even ask "Do you know these people?" I said "Don't you need ID or something for these kids?" They said "Not if they're under 18. As long as they have a ticket they go right through."
    WOW! Shockingly bad idea!

GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTmo View Post
    "Ku is alleged to have presented what appeared to be a “supervised visit” court order issued by the State of Washington to the missing children’s father. The Sheriff's Department said in a press release that the father reasonably relied on what he thought was a legitimate order, and sent the children to California."

http://www.bellevuereporter.com/news/324255301.html#

So she presented a fake Washington court order. I wonder when she told him this hearing took place. I just don't get why he wouldn't have questioned the order if he wasn't at the hearing for it. Its so weird. Poor dad. I hope he finds his sons!
    This link says she previously tried to flee to Taiwan, not China.

"An allegedly erratic Calif. woman, who previously attempted to abduct her two sons and flee to Taiwan, is being investigated for kidnapping the two boys, who are Bellevue residents, within the last week."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast