GUILTY TX - Officer Don Allen, 27, killed in Craigslist robbery, Abilene, 31 Aug 2015

DEPUTYDAWG

Reaction score
I searched here and didn't see a thread started for Abilene, TX Officer Don Allen, 27 years old...found dead in his home...investigators are calling it a homicide. (Mods, delete if a thread has already been started and I didn't search correctly.)

They have been very tight-lipped since he was found...but today is the first day I've read horrific details that state anti-cop slurs was painted in Allen's own blood inside his home...and that he was bound, gagged and tortured. (Linked quick story is from a FL website, I have no idea any of its history.)

This one is odd, and I don't know what to think...inside job, war on cop, what? In any event, prayers to his loved ones and Abilene coworkers.
Another young LEO lost....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/off-duty-texas-police-officer-don-allen-found-slain-in-home/

http://www.wjno.com/onair/the-john-cardillo-show-56602/shocking-new-details-in-the-murder-13913000/

I saw that story and was shocked and astounded. :no:

I searched here and didn't see a thread started for Abilene, TX Officer Don Allen, 27 years old...found dead in his home...investigators are calling it a homicide. (Mods, delete if a thread has already been started and I didn't search correctly.)

They have been very tight-lipped since he was found...but today is the first day I've read horrific details that state anti-cop slurs was painted in Allen's own blood inside his home...and that he was bound, gagged and tortured. (Linked quick story is from a FL website, I have no idea any of its history.)

This one is odd, and I don't know what to think...inside job, war on cop, what? In any event, prayers to his loved ones and Abilene coworkers.
Another young LEO lost....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/off-duty-texas-police-officer-don-allen-found-slain-in-home/

http://www.wjno.com/onair/the-john-cardillo-show-56602/shocking-new-details-in-the-murder-13913000/

Have you read about the slurs written in blood anywhere else? After reading a comment on that article I searched around and couldn't find anything.

It's disturbing to even think about.

eta: Oh, now I see where you mentioned you haven't. Reading comprehension fail on my part.
I haven't seen it mentioned though so I'm going to hold off.

Abilene police plan to update the news media – at 3:30 p.m. today – on the multi-agency investigation into the murder of officer Don Allen.

~~

KTXS obtained search warrants that indicate police believe the Allen homicide was a "premeditated act."

The search warrants go on to say police believe "communication occurred between multiple parties to plan and carry out the murder."

http://www.ktxs.com/news/Abilene-police-to-provide-update-on-premeditated-murder-of-officer/35083416

Kathy Varner, a 20-year neighborhood resident, said Allen and his fiancee were a "very quiet and nice" couple.

"I was watching (Abilene Police) Chief Standridge at the press conference and just started texting my daughter, ‘This doesn't make me feel any safer.' It just kinda leaves you hanging."

Varner said when her husband came home from work around 6 p.m. Monday night, Allen's fiancee's car was not there and the garage door was open.

"That was weird because Don never left the garage door open ever," she said. "He'd leave; close it. Come home; close it. So, it was very odd."

Varner said that was the only unusual thing that stood out in her mind about the couple's residence.

http://www.officer.com/news/12110622/murder-of-off-duty-texas-officer-premeditated

Have you read about the slurs written in blood anywhere else? After reading a comment on that article I searched around and couldn't find anything.

It's disturbing to even think about.

eta: Oh, now I see where you mentioned you haven't. Reading comprehension fail on my part.
I haven't seen it mentioned though so I'm going to hold off.

It's "weird" to me how little info has been made public on this one...he was found Monday evening, and here it is mid-day Thursday and very little is known.
When I first heard about it Tuesday afternoon, and they were making vague statements about how they didn't think the public should be worried, how they had cell records maybe to show several people planned this, it makes it sound as though they know who is involved, heck maybe family, what??? If they didn't know that, why tell the public not to be worried?!

Just weird. And disturbing/disgusting if indeed he was bound, gagged, tortured, etc.

I don't know...like you said, waiting, but anxious to hear more.

RIP Officer Allen.

No one deserves this. No one.

The information being repeated comes from one source, imo. John Cardillo, allegedly a former NYC policeman, lives in Florida, has an iHeart radio show, and writes for and advises Glenn Bleck and The Blaze, The American Mirror, Got News, and others of similar ilk.

The following is from: http://news.yahoo.com/slain-texas-o...der-by-several-parties--report-122600270.html

When asked about the likelihood of Allen being targeted by several people in a premeditated attack, Clyde Police Chief Robert Dalton replied, “We have no direct information that would say that’s the case. I’m not sure where that came from. Of course we’re not releasing all the information because it’s an active investigation. We try not to comment on the number of suspects.”

The Clyde Police Department, which received a 911 call after 7 p.m. Monday, reached out to the Abilene Police Department and Texas Rangers for assistance. All three agencies are working with the FBI to investigate the incident. Allen’s body was taken to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy.

Dalton said a lot of misinformation is swirling around concerning Allen’s death.

“One of those rumors is that there was some kind of anti-police message left at the scene. That is entirely untrue,” he said in an interview with Yahoo News Wednesday. “We do not have any evidence at this time that Mr. Allen was targeted because he was a police officer.”

Dalton also wanted to reassure Clyde residents that law enforcement has no evidence that suggests they are in harm’s way.

“It’s a small town and there is some uneasiness right now, but we have no reason to believe that other members of the public are in danger.”​

^^^^ THANK YOU i.b.Nora!

As I originally stated, I had no history of that source, and I guess that's a good thing!

Okay, so Clyde PD received a 911 call that evening. Hmmm.
Not related to his job as LEO...so it's personal? Hmmm.

And again, this Chief says residents aren't in harm's way.

So, they must know who is involved...presser about arrests, one can hope?

^^^^ THANK YOU i.b.Nora!

As I originally stated, I had no history of that source, and I guess that's a good thing!

Okay, so Clyde PD received a 911 call that evening. Hmmm.
Not related to his job as LEO...so it's personal? Hmmm.

And again, this Chief says residents aren't in harm's way.

So, they must know who is involved...presser about arrests, one can hope?

If I was a betting person, I'd say the fiancee and some others orchestrated and carried it out. Whomever it was knew that the garage door was a point of entry, a place to park, and forgot/didn't close it on hastily fleeing the scene.

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/n...ld-another-press-conference-on-officer-murder

APD Will Hold Another Press Conference on Officer Murder
Big Country
Published 09/03 2015 12:00PM Updated 09/03 2015 01:49PM

Editor's note: The Abilene Police Department will hold another media briefing regarding Officer Don Allen's murder at 3:30 p.m. this afternoon. BigCountryHomepage will live stream the event. Just follow this link at that time - - - - >>> http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/live The conference will also be broadcast live on KTAB and KRBC news.​

I think this is today, in about an hour, and I presume the 3:30 is Texas time.

I did see an alert from another agency detailing the circumstances of the scene, just as deputydawg said. Quite horrific and Manson Family like! My bet is that it has something to do with his job in a round about way.

I did see an alert from another agency detailing the circumstances of the scene, just as deputydawg said. Quite horrific and Manson Family like! My bet is that it has something to do with his job in a round about way.

Can I say I was hoping that it was sensational reporting that got those details wrong?!?!?! I shudder to think if there is even a little truth to it, and maybe that's it...maybe there is some truth to it, that it was a horrific scene, but not quite as reported by the one guy/source?

I guess we will find out momentarily, but I was just told that he was found dead by family members. Who that is, not sure.
Supposedly, his last shift was Saturday.

Waiting for presser..............

Beginning

Lynn Beard - pub info ofcr abilene pd

Sincere and heartfelt thank you to citizens of this community who have shown support

within two hours plea for food and water for LE we had to call for the donations to stop as we were overwhelmed

investigation has been and will remain joint effort

funeral arrangements tomorrow at 10am at beltway
graveside to follow
visitation this evening at beltway park

details on procesion. Encourage citizens to line the route and support the family of the slain officer

investigation and current status. info via social media is false. stories about anti le rhetoric and torture have done nothing but add to grief of family. Could potentially to generate false leads causing invest to chase false leads. if you do not hear if from our PD please do not consider it valid. pleas do not further this false info

no info that indicates random targeting of LEO - not ruling it out too early to comment. regardless of the motive a dangerous criminal in our midst. we thank teh media for their conduct. you will be our vehicle to distribute info. pleas assist us in making sure info released is accurate.

seeking id of two seen near home at time of homicide.

tall white male
dark haired heavier set possibly hispanic female
[missed vehicle description - hope someone else got it]

set up tipline 325-676-6598 just for this case.

apdtips@abilenetx.com

676-TIPS for crimestoppers

forensic sketch artist onsite working with witness to the two POIs

will answer some questions but no specifics about the investigation

prelim autopsy results? not yet

Clarify if suspects are sought - POIs are not suspects. just seen in the area, we want to know who they are, talk to them

federal agencies offered bodies to help boots on the ground. dont read too much into their quick involvement.

confirming that anti police rhetoric on walls is false

COD - too soon will be in prelim autopsy report

Will distribute photo of what we think car may resemble and descriptions within the next half hour as well as recap/bullet points of this presser

[paraphrased account of presser]

I missed the first few minutes of the press conference so I did not catch the Officer's name who was speaking.

I don't know if he detailed the crime in any way. I entered when he was talking about funeral details.

After that, a couple of highlights regarding the investigation:

He said, unless the information comes from The Abilene Police Department or the Office of Public Information it is NOT official and (is likely inaccurate). Please do not further repeat info from Social Media.

He mentioned they are looking to identify and talk with two people seen IN THE AREA of the house. One is a tall thin white male, accompanied by a short pudgy (my word) possibly Hispanic female. And, a car described as maroon in color, 4 door passenger car, late 90s.

He specifically stated and reiterated, “NOTHING indicates anti-police”.

I am sure I missed other key points that others might have caught.

What wasn't answered:

Why did they come out early (less than 24 hours after he was found) to try to ease residents' fears that they weren't in danger? I'm not reading anything here that states why they shouldn't be worried.

Yet, they were stating about how they could tell it was organized and planned by multiple people.

They're doing a great job keeping details quiet! LOL...darn it, but I understand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back