1302 users online (205 members and 1097 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Alexandra Anaya, 13, Hammond, 13 Aug 2005

Alexandra Anaya, 13 years old missing since August 13, 2005. DNA confirms.
    The family is hoping more remains will be found before making the final arrangements.
    A person of interest is being questioned.
    www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=3826867

Police said yesterday that they were questioning someone in connection with the death of the girl, whose headless torso was found wrapped in a chain and weighted down in the river

Poor girl! I don't even see another thread or Amber alert for her from when she disappeared.

How horrible...I guess the killer didn't think she could be identified but he forgot about DNA. I hope they have the creep that did such a horrific thing to this young girl. Her poor family. I'm glad she was found though so that they don't have to wonder for years to come. I wish this horror would just stop.

Mothers ex-boyfriend being charged....

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southt...ews/101nd4.htm

This one has a pic if her...
    http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...253173413.html

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    It's too bad he wasn't arrested for any of the two dozen times police were called before this happened. I'm glad he has been put behind bars now.

Oh my gosh!! This story just makes my stomach ill and my heart sick. How horrible! I don't even have words -- but my thoughts and prayers go out to the family of this beautiful child.

The mom's ex boyfriend kills mom's 13 yro daughter.

Scum

Wow, I just read the story and I am floored and it takes a lot to floor me. Sick sick man, I hope he is stalked like that in prison by big men named Bubba.
    "It seems that this is larger than I am. More than I can handle. Yet I know that I am being carried, for I am not strong enough to carry myself. I do not have the answers now but one day I will know and understand and maybe one day I will help to carry another." Joanne Cacciatore~

To me it sounds like the guy decided not to kill the mother but to murder her daughter instead...revenge for leaving him. I can't think of anything that hurts a mother more then to lose her child in such a horrible way.

This poor little girl didn't have much of a life did she? Molested by that pervert for 6 of her 13 years...all of that fighting going on in the home. It comforts me just knowing that she will never be molested or hurt again because I believe that she is in heaven running barefoot through fields thick with beautiful wild flowers with the breeze in her hair and the sun in her face.

From 2009:

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/a...941cdaaff.html

"I still hold out hope that they will find the rest of her and someone will pay for her murder," Anaya said...

Suspects in the killing still include "everyone," said Chicago Police Department Homicide Detective Sylvia Van Witzenburg. Van Witzenburg would be happy to hear from Alex Anaya's neighbors and schoolmates, she said. Police still could use "any little bit of information."

Just after Anaya's death, Sandra Anaya's former boyfriend, Rudolfo Heredia, then of Riverdale, stood trial in federal court on charges he stalked the Anayas. He was acquitted.

ugh so he got away with it?

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    ugh so he got away with it?
    Sure sounds like it. Found a more recent update from 2012:

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/19...alumet-heights

The discovery of the skull has investigators searching to see if it might be connected to an unsolved murder dating back seven years, involving an Indiana teenager.

The Chicago police marine unit, officers from Riverdale, and Illinois state police were searching the Little Calumet River near 132nd and Indiana for more remains. Fishermen saw a skull around 1 p.m. along the shore and investigators later found another bone, which a source says may be from a human arm.

The remains were taken to the Cook County medical examiner's office, but sources say investigators believe the discovery may be connected to the 2005 disappearance of 13-year-old Alexandra Anaya. The Hammond, Indiana teen vanished in August and her torso was found a few days later floating in the river. It had been weighted down with chains with her arms and legs cut off.

The FBI announced today that it's taking a fresh look at the case.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...831-story.html

Authorities offered little information at a news conference Wednesday but did show a photo of a gold religious necklace Alex was wearing when she was last seen.

"We're asking for the public's assistance in bringing the individual responsible for this crime to justice, giving Alex and her family peace of mind and closure," lead FBI Special Agent Courtney Corbett told reporters at the agency's Near West Side headquarters.

Saw that--did you see any description of the religious necklace? So, would you conclude that they still don't have anything solid enough on the mother's former boyfriend? He was apparently tried for stalking them, then acquitted. Or, they are still considering him but need more evidence for murder.

Chicago Cold Case: Seeking justice for a murdered teenage girl
    We believe this was not a random act of violence and that Alex knew her assailant,” said FBI Chicago Special Agent in Charge Michael J. Anderson during a press conference today in Chicago. “It has been more than a decade since Alex was murdered, and during that time people and relationships have changed. We are hopeful that someone will come forward now,” he added.

(...)

Anyone with information regarding the murder of Alex Anaya—no matter how insignificant they think it might be—is asked to contact the FBI’s Chicago Field Office at (312) 421-6700 or submit a tip online.