AR AR - El Dorado, BlkFem UP2929, 30-50, SS card 'Melvalyn Washington', Sep'94

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score

Partial skeletal parts of a woman, height about 65 inches, found in a wooded area off of Highway 82 West in Union county Arkansas, seems to have been a smoker. She was wearing red and white shorts, something black and brown shoes. This one seems quite solvable since dentals and DNA are available and the deceased had a security card with her. So if it was hers I'm assuming it might be just a matter of locating relatives for a DNA test.

Anyway the name on the social security card was Melvalyn Doris Washington.
In the marriage records in Harris county Texas (Houston), there's Melvalyn Doris Jones who was born in about 1953, and married William Henderson Lewis on Sept 24 1968 (she was 15!!), he was 36 (born about 1932). They divorced in Feb 1973.

Melvalyn D. Jones has married William Washington Jr. , also in Harris county Texas.
This anonymous question suggests they might have had two children, one possibly named Aisha? One possibly adopted?
Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

It's about 333 miles and 5.5 hours from Houston TX to El Dorado AR.

DOB in about 1953 would make her fortyish in 1994 which is in the range.

http://marriage-divorce-records.mooseroots.com/d/c/Melvalyn-Jones
http://sortedbyname.com/mobile/pages/l134868.html
http://www.mocavo.com/William-Washi...e-Record-Index-1966-2008/04465180497187377102

According to porchlight (quoting older version of Namus info) the number of the card was 456-96-5045
http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=41491&st=0&#last

Last edited by a moderator:
Namus UID record is still active and doesn't mention a SS card amongst the records or the results of any checks. There is a 2016 recon in Namus, copied below.
Thumbnail

Interestingly, I found a public tree on Ancestry for the Melvalyn mentioned in the original post here. I think it’s probably her daughter’s tree. She has Melvalyn’s death listed as June 1994 (age 41) in Mount Holly, Arkansas (less than 30 minutes, and a direct shot down Highway 82 West, from where the UID was discovered). There is no source linked to the tree though, and I can’t find a record of her death.

Coincidence?? o_O

ETA: There is one photo attached. Presumably of Melvalyn along with 3 children; a boy and a girl about pre-teen to teens and a girl around 5.

Interestingly, I found a public tree on Ancestry for the Melvalyn mentioned in the original post here. I think it’s probably her daughter’s tree. She has Melvalyn’s death listed as June 1994 (age 41) in Mount Holly, Arkansas (less than 30 minutes, and a direct shot down Highway 82 West, from where the UID was discovered). There is no source linked to the tree though, and I can’t find a record of her death.

Coincidence?? o_O

ETA: There is one photo attached. Presumably of Melvalyn along with 3 children; a boy and a girl about pre-teen to teens and a girl around 5.
She could be basing it on something that she "heard". No death certificate etc. Hope they get to the bottom of this. Whoever created the tree may not even know about the UID.

Is she by chance in the Doe Network? I don't trust the pins in NAMUS
They often point the the medical examiner's office. In this case, it does not point to a wooded area, but to gas station turned auto shop in downtown El Dorado.

Public records show a Melvalyn D Washington residing in Lewisville AR at one time.

Last edited:
She could be basing it on something that she "heard". No death certificate etc. Hope they get to the bottom of this. Whoever created the tree may not even know about the UID.

Is she by chance in the Doe Network? I don't trust the pins in NAMUS
They often point the the medical examiner's office. In this case, it does not point to a wooded area, but to gas station turned auto shop in downtown El Dorado.

Public records show a Melvalyn D Washington residing in Lewisville AR at one time.
She has a profile on the Doe Network as of Dec 2020: 1606UFAR.

I honestly think these two are the same person. It’s against the rules here to reach out to family (or potential family in this case) and I’d be uncomfortable doing so otherwise. I’d hate to be the “random stranger” who shed light on news like this. If it proves to be the case.

As far as NamUs pins go, I would take the map pins with a grain of salt. Only a hand full of times (or less) have I seen them be accurate to the actual discovery place of an UID. XD

She has a profile on the Doe Network as of Dec 2020: 1606UFAR.

I honestly think these two are the same person. It’s against the rules here to reach out to family (or potential family in this case) and I’d be uncomfortable doing so otherwise. I’d hate to be the “random stranger” who shed light on news like this. If it proves to be the case.

As far as NamUs pins go, I would take the map pins with a grain of salt. Only a hand full of times (or less) have I seen them be accurate to the actual discovery place of an UID. XD
Checking to see if there was an address given where the body was found.

Yes, it is up to law enforcement to contact the family etc.
I think someone told her daughter, but it wasn't law enforcement who told her...if you know what I mean...

From the Doe Network file. 1606UFAR

pair of brown shoes, one shoe had a blue ribbon around it.

What could that mean?

@MadMcGoo Isn't it weird that nothing came of your submission of the info above to Namus, already a year a go?

https://identifyus.org/cases/2929

Partial skeletal parts of a woman, height about 65 inches, found in a wooded area off of Highway 82 West in Union county Arkansas, seems to have been a smoker. She was wearing red and white shorts, something black and brown shoes. This one seems quite solvable since dentals and DNA are available and the deceased had a security card with her. So if it was hers I'm assuming it might be just a matter of locating relatives for a DNA test.

Anyway the name on the social security card was Melvalyn Doris Washington.
In the marriage records in Harris county Texas (Houston), there's Melvalyn Doris Jones who was born in about 1953, and married William Henderson Lewis on Sept 24 1968 (she was 15!!), he was 36 (born about 1932). They divorced in Feb 1973.

Melvalyn D. Jones has married William Washington Jr. , also in Harris county Texas.
This anonymous question suggests they might have had two children, one possibly named Aisha? One possibly adopted?
Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

It's about 333 miles and 5.5 hours from Houston TX to El Dorado AR.

DOB in about 1953 would make her fortyish in 1994 which is in the range.

http://marriage-divorce-records.mooseroots.com/d/c/Melvalyn-Jones
http://sortedbyname.com/mobile/pages/l134868.html
http://www.mocavo.com/William-Washi...e-Record-Index-1966-2008/04465180497187377102

According to porchlight (quoting older version of Namus info) the number of the card was 456-96-5045
http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=41491&st=0&#last

According to FamilySearch she had two children. A boy with Washington (dob 02 Jan 1986) and a girl with Lewis (dob 03 Dec 1973) Sad they divorced while she was pregnant, must have been hard on her.

Melvalyn Doris Jones was born 24 Dec 1952.

From the Doe Network file. 1606UFAR

pair of brown shoes, one shoe had a blue ribbon around it.

What could that mean?

@MadMcGoo Isn't it weird that nothing came of your submission of the info above to Namus, already a year a go?
I can’t picture a brown shoe with a blue ribbon “around it”. Like, laced with one? Odd.

Yeah, it’s been a year. I think it’s a decent lead so maybe they’re trying to locate family? I rarely receive updates after submitting matches so I wasn’t expecting one but I’d hoped for some kind of activity. I know I’ve seen exclusions listed on NamUs profiles where a person was not officially listed as so.

Not only would they need to notify next-of-kin, they would need consent to obtain a DNA sample from next-of-kin. In this case, next-of-kin may already "know". Some people are afraid their DNA could be used by LE to frame people for unrelated crimes etc. LE may agree that it's her, but without a DNA sample to confirm, they cannot make a positive ID.

Last edited:
Not only would they need to notify next-of-kin, they would need consent to obtain a DNA sample from next-of-kin. In this case, next-of-kin may already "know". Some people are afraid their DNA could be used by LE to frame people for unrelated crimes etc. LE may agree that it's her, but without a DNA sample to confirm, they cannot make a positive ID.
Exactly. Now it’s just a waiting game for everyone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back