1181 users online (224 members and 957 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Kayne Doughty, 14, Walnut, 2 Sept 2015

A search continued Thursday for a 14-year-old student-athlete who disappeared after classes ended Wednesday at Walnut High School, relatives and law-enforcement officials said.

Kayne Doughty Jr., a cross-country runner, may have gone for a run on a popular trail about a mile and a half from the campus, according to his aunt, Shirley Bortnick. The trail is located near the intersection of Meadow Pass Road and North Lemon Avenue (map).

The West Covina resident, who is also a member of the schoolís soccer team, told his mother that he planned to attend a track team meeting after school, said the boy's father, Kayne Doughty.

However, after the teenager texted his mother about 4:20 p.m., she went to the campus and he was not there. He was reported missing about an hour later. According to the parents, no team meeting was held.

http://ktla.com/2015/09/03/authoriti...re-track-meet/

In the above article there is a map. Also additional info.

"There was no reason for him to run away," the elder Kayne Doughty said, speaking at the foot of the trail where a flyer with his son's photo was posted. "We let him know: We love you more than anything in the world. … This is not like him."

Kayne’s lunch box was later found in a creek in the area where he was believed to have gone running, and the last known signal from his cellphone originated near the trail, Bortnick told KTLA.

She said that when officers forced open the teenager’s locker at Walnut High, his street clothes were inside but his running shoes were not.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

“We don’t suspect any foul play at this point,” Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Capt. Jeff Scroggin said. “We were looking in this area to make sure he wasn’t injured during a run or walking through this area. Right now, we’re following up on some additional information with the parents. We’re hoping that it is what we believe may be just a voluntary missing.”

The Sheriff’s Department says it has sent in search dogs and a helicopter to help with the effort but found nothing suspicious.

Investigators are talking to his parents to retrace his steps.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/...-went-missing/
    The World Has Gone Mad.

The lunch box being found in the creek really worries me. I hope we get a positive update soon.

Doesn't seem like he would take his lunch box on a run. And he apparently lied to his Mom about there being a track meeting. I hope he's okay and comes home soon.

Yeh, the lunch box worries me, too. If he went running, he wouldn't need his lunch box.

It looks like he changed clothing for the meet if his street clothes were in his locker and he had his running shoes, but the lunch box is confusing.

Nothing found to suggest he was taken by force apparently. I hope they find him soon.
    Where is Sky Metalwala???

Hopefully the comments here are correct and Kayne is back home. I will keep looking for a MSM update.

KTLA 5 News Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ktla5/posts/10153657347019614

Missing Teen Cross Country Runner Found Safe
    A family is having a happy reunion Thursday after their 14-year-old boy who went missing Wednesday in Walnut was found at a Burger King in Whittier.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...324284451.html

So glad he was found safe. Now he needs to have a nice reunion and explain what the heck is going on. The world is a dangerous place for a 14 yr old to running away in. I hope they can resolve things so he can stay home safely in his own room.
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

WALNUT (CBSLA.com) ó A high school freshman from Walnut who hadnít been heard from since Wednesday was found safe Thursday evening at a restaurant in Whittier, his family reports.

He called his family Thursday evening from a Burger King restaurant in Whittier and asked to be picked up, his grandmother said.

Glad he was found. I can't even imagine his Grandma getting that call, hearing his voice! But I'm sure his family will discipline him. They must have went through he@@

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/...-went-missing/
    The World Has Gone Mad.