Thread: Mom Charged With Leaving Daughter, 5, On Side Of Road

Mom Charged With Leaving Daughter, 5, On Side Of Road

Long Island mom who says she has personal problems was charged Thursday with leaving her crying 5-year-old daughter on the side of the road and driving away, Southampton town police said.

Police said the girl began running after her mother's car as it sped away late Wednesday afternoon in Water Mill.

Other motorists who saw the screaming girl pulled over and stayed with her until police arrived.
    http://www.wnbc.com/news/4952280/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Sometimes the crimes against children are our worst nightmare.

And sometimes the crimes against children are the parents they are born to.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Ditto.

Doesn't it make you want to track this woman down and smack her? Or worse? Give me that little girl, I would love her to death.