CO - Tracy Friel, 35, charged in death of newborn, Gunnison County, 7 Aug 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A Jefferson County woman has been charged with child abuse resulting in death after Gunnison County authorities said they found the body of her newborn baby in a forest outhouse.

Tracy Louise Friel, age 35, was being held in the Jefferson County Jail Friday on charges of Child Abuse causing Death and unlawful use of methamphetamine, both felonies.

Her newborn daughter was buried in an emotional ceremony Friday in Gunnison County, attended by members of the Gunnison County Sheriff's Office and the community.

The baby, named Baby Taylor Park, was buried Friday morning in Gunnison.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4955501/detail.html

Oh Mysteriew, I don't even know what to say about this one. Poor, poor baby. And this whole Meth thing- what a horror. God bless this little baby.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2005/09/09/9_10_dead_baby_follow_WWW.html

Tracy Louise Friel, 35, of Arvada, was arrested Thursday night by the Wheat Ridge Police Department and currently is being held in the Jefferson County Jail on a $60,000 bond. She also faces a felony charge for illegal use of methamphetamine after a blood test came back positive for the drug,

“It may have been less than full term,” Besecker said, “but it was a viable fetus.”

Besecker said authorities are still uncertain about the identity of the baby’s father.

The baby was buried at 10 a.m. Friday. No family members were present, but many Gunnison County residents were in attendance, Besecker said. There currently is no headstone marking the baby girl’s grave, but one is being prepared and paid for through donations given by the public and Gunnison County employees, he said.

Tracy Louise Friel

Charges are not listed, but sentences are as follows:

Sentence Date: 04/20/2006
Sentence: 6 years

Sentence Date: 04/20/2006
Sentence: 2 years

Sentence Date: 05/09/2006
Sentence: 15 months

Date Paroled: 04/26/2007

ACTUAL TIME SERVED: 1 YEAR 6 DAYS

This will never stop unless these women are given tougher sentences! A little over 7 years for killing your newborn baby is despicable! And then to only serve 1 year and 6 days of that sentence?!?!? Disgusting.

She's probably already using again. Who knows how long until she ends up knocked up and does something like this again! "Oh, I only served a year for getting high and killing my baby... blah blah blah... a year ain't nothin... blah blah blah..."

And to think, a community cares enough to bury the baby and pay for a headstone, yet none of the family even showed up at the service... these people (the whole lot of them) are foul. I hope the community knows who her family is and they become outcasts. How heartless.

When did punishments stop fitting the crime?

Disgusting!! And the time served is such a slap to the face of that tiny precious baby girl. Grrr!

I'm not clear about the cause of death: She was born alive, so was she killed somehow, or from the (sickening) fall? Either way I am livid...LIVID...that the woman didn't have to pay true consequences for this!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielle79903
Back