LA LA - Stacy Baham, 33, Ascension Parish, 11 Aug 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Stacy Renee Baham
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Albany area mother reported missing
"Livingston Parish sheriff’s detectives are looking for a 33-year-old Albany area woman last seen in Ascension Parish on Aug. 11.

Stacy Renee Baham’s father reported her missing Aug. 17 after he learned she had left her child with a friend and never returned, the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office news release says.

Detectives learned Baham had recently broken up with her boyfriend and taken his vehicle, which was found Aug. 29 abandoned and out of gas off La. 22 in Maurepas."

http://theadvocate.com/news/acadiana/13360944-123/albany-area-mother-reported-missing

Bayham was last seen in the Gonzales area of Ascension Parish on or about August 11, 2015

Whether this really represents a change in the date she went missing or is merely a difference in reporting style I do not know. Unfortunately what is already known is uncertain and was learned late. I find it very unfortunate that the friend providing care for her son did not report when she didn't return on the date expected.

This story is rife with contradictions and interruptions. I'm not sure why the sheriff has chosen to describe Stacy in this way. She's 33 and the mother of two sons the youngest of which she had left in the care of a friend (on Aug. 11, I believe.) Her Facebook reveals a young woman devoted to the care and nursing of the elderly having worked for Hammond nursing home the five years that lead up to her disappearance. https://m.facebook.com/stacy.baham/...47&hash=688511404561675&pagefilter=3&ustart=1

On Jul 30 she had started working as a home health aide in Tickfaw just a few minutes north of Albany, La. where she lived. This much is clear but now things become murky. Twelve days later (Aug. 11) it seems Stacy broke up with her boyfriend ... and took his truck. Where this happened we don't know but since Stacy disappeared from the Gonzales area of Acension parish maybe it is safe to assume the troubles started there. Gonzalez is a nice quiet suburban area near Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The truck
was found Aug. 29, abandoned and out of gas in Maurepas off La. 22, a hwy lined with abandoned houses only 30 minutes from Gonzales but nowhere near home.

After that evening nothing was heard from Stacy. Her trusted friend continued to care for her son and said nothing (as far as I know.) The truck wasn't found until July 29. Was it even reported missing? If it was, it seems Tracy's whereabouts were omitted. If it hadn't been for a father looking for his daughter and grandson we might not yet know Stacy is missing. But her father located his grandson at the friend's house and made out the missing report on August 17th.

From what I've gathered in the articles linked above and from Tracy's Facebook this is about all that's known at this time. How odd for Tracy to have slipped from the lives of her friends and family so quietly. How sad. I hope she will be found.

The truck wasn't found until July 29.
This date is a misstatement. The article clearly says the truck was found on August 29th.

Sad to see this case isn't getting some attention. It may turn out to be as twisted as the dentist death. IMO

I live about 35 miles from this area. I will see if I can plaster this on all the local news stations.

I live about 35 miles from this area. I will see if I can plaster this on all the local news stations.
That would be great. Comments I've seen from the family indicate they would appreciate any help they could get getting the word out. Had you heard this news where you live?

Anybody reading this that sees an explanation that ties all this information together please please let us know. I found a paragraph Tracy wrote that indicated she was still married in November, 2014 and living with her husband and three children so something has definitely changed if she has just broken up with a boyfriend.

We should be very concerned about her well being.

No I have NOT heard anything about her. I pretty much have all the local and beyond news channels on my facebook and I have not seen or heard of her! I get off work at 1 today and will work on getting it out there as soon as I get home! So sad! Where did you see her family posting?

That would be great. Comments I've seen from the family indicate they would appreciate any help they could get getting the word out. Had you heard this news where you live?

Anybody reading this that sees an explanation that ties all this information together please please let us know. I found a paragraph Tracy wrote that indicated she was still married in November, 2014 and living with her husband and three children so something has definitely changed if she has just broken up with a boyfriend.

We should be very concerned about her well being.

Is it Tracy or Stacy?

Last thing on facebook she changed her last name. If she was last w boyfriend and its his truck then lets HOPE LE is investigating his aliby, along w husbands.

Last thing on facebook she changed her last name. If she was last w boyfriend and its his truck then lets HOPE LE is investigating his aliby, along w husbands.
Good catch. Cook is her maiden name but the search is for Stacy Baham. So maybe she isn't divorced yet. The presence of a boyfriend, broken up or otherwise, shows there is trouble.

I'm not sure what to think, but I doubt she ran the truck out of gas. I'm betting they found the truck with the key in the "ON" position... meaning she got out of the truck, or was taken out of it while it was still running (and then it ran itself out of gas).

Edit to say... somebody left the truck there and let it run out of gas... not necessarily Stacy.

I'm not sure what to think, but I doubt she ran the truck out of gas. I'm betting they found the truck with the key in the "ON" position... meaning she got out of the truck, or was taken out of it while it was still running (and then it ran itself out of gas).

Edit to say... somebody left the truck there and let it run out of gas... not necessarily Stacy.

I hadn't thought of that! The road really is a desolate road going not much of anywhere.

This is so weird.
Did the bf know the truck was missing?
Why did the friend not show concern when she didn't pick the child up?
Didn't anyone else try to call her during the time?
I think too much time has passed since she was last seen. I don't think she's alive.

This is so weird.
Did the bf know the truck was missing?
Why did the friend not show concern when she didn't pick the child up?
Didn't anyone else try to call her during the time?
I think too much time has passed since she was last seen. I don't think she's alive.
This is exactly what I mean when I say I can't understand this. Did he report that truck stolen? And a friend who did nothing when she didn't return looks suspect too unless she knows something we haven't heard about such as Stacy called her. I even wonder why would she be in this suburb, Gonzalez.

It's certainly not making sense to me.

Very strange, indeed.
She leaves her son with a friend on Aug 11, breaks up with her boyfriend, takes his truck, does not return to pick up her son, and then it is her father who reports her missing on Aug 17 after finding out that she never returned to pick up her son???
http://www.batonrougecrime.com/2015...ing-from-livingston-parish-stacy-renee-baham/

Questions that are going through my mind:
1. Was it normal for her to leave her son with this friend (meaning maybe they had kids the same age and it was a common thing for them to tend to each other's kids and have extended sleepovers, etc)

2. When was she expected to pick him up? Aug 11 was a Tuesday. If it were the weekend, I could see that maybe it was a weekend away as far as the friend knew.

3. Who broke up with who? I'm wanting more details on the boyfriend...

4. Was she now living with the boyfriend? If not, was she typically using his vehicle? I'm wondering how she had access to it.

5. Why didn't the boyfriend report that she had run off with his truck or that she had not returned it in almost a week? Was he in the area? Did they break up via phone and she took his truck when he was not even around?

6. What about her husband/ex-husband? What are the dynamics there? Has anyone ascertained if they were divorced or not?

7. Is this "favorite quote" from her fb page of any significance as far as her state of mind at the time?
https://www.facebook.com/stacy.baham/about?section=bio&pnref=about

Sorry for such a long post, but I just can't believe that it took so long for someone to report her missing, and it wasn't even the people who she had been in contact with the day she went missing! Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back