Scotland Yard 'Black Museum' treasures await display

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Daily Mail; much more, and with pictures, here:

The secrets of Scotland Yard's infamous Black Museum: From
Dr Crippen's crumpled pyjamas to revolver that sent Ruth Ellis
to the gallows, the grisly relics telling the story of British crime

For nearly a century and a half, the Metropolitan Police in London has been accumulating the gruesome relics of murder and mayhem in what has become known as the Black Museum.

Skulls, weapons used to slaughter the innocent, vital clues that sent killers to the gallows – they’re all lodged at New Scotland Yard, hidden away from public view.

But a new book accompanying an exhibition at the Museum of London next month takes us through the doors for the first time to reveal its grim secrets.
---

I was in a going-into-town rush when I posted the Guardian link; here's a paragraph from same. I would LOVE to see this exhibit. Spilsbury! and more. Wow.

Emily Kaye’s murder is not as famous today as other crimes featured in the show – which will include key evidence from John George Haigh’s “acid-bath murders”, the spade that Dr Hawley Crippen used to bury his wife, and the medical bag used by “Lambeth poisoner” Dr Thomas Neil Cream – but this was the case that came to shape forensic procedure in Britain, thanks to the involvement of the world’s most celebrated pathologist, Sir Bernard Spilsbury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back