1189 users online (178 members and 1011 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    If ant hills are high in July,
    Winter will be snowy.
    If the first week in August is unusually warm,
    the coming Winter will be snowy and long.

For every fog in August, (we had 5 foggy days in AUG. I'm gonna see if this holds true
    There will be a snowfall in Winter.

If a cold August follows a hot July,
    It foretells a Winter hard and dry.

When leaves fall early,
    Fall and Winter will be mild;
    When leaves fall late,
    Winter will be severe.
    Squirrels gathering nuts in a flurry,
    Will cause snow to gather in a hurry.

Much rain in October,
    Much wind in December.

A warm October,
    A cold February.

Full Moon in October without frost,
    No frost 'till November's Full Moon.

Flowers bloomin' in late Autumn,
    A sure sign of a bad Winter comin'.

A warm November is the sign of a bad Winter.

As high as the weeds grow,
    So will the bank of snow.

Thunder in the Fall foretells a cold Winter.

Onion skins very thin,
    Mild Winter coming in;
    Onion skins thick and tough,
    Coming Winter cold and rough.
    A green Christmas; a white Easter.

If there's thunder during Christmas week,
    The Winter will be anything but meek.

A tough Winter is ahead if:

corn husks are thick and tight...
    apple skins are tough...
    birds migrate early...
    squirrels tails are very bushy...
    berries and nuts are plentiful...
    bees build their nests high in the trees.

If the breast bone of the Thanksgiving goose is red or has many spots, expect a cold and stormy Winter;
    but if only a few spots are visible, expect a mild Winter.

The severity of Winter is determined by how far down the feathers have grown on a partridge's leg.

The wider the brown (middle) band on a woolly bear caterpillar, the milder the Winter.

The nearer the New Moon to Christmas Day, the harder the Winter.

If the first snowfall lands on unfrozen ground, the Winter will be mild.

If there is thunder in Winter, it will snow 7 days later.

http://www.stormfax.com/wxfolk.htm
    Be still and know that I am GOD. Psalm 46:10

Don't judge others or let people bother you!

Smile and have a blessed day!

Dottie Rambo - Sheltered In The Arms Of God
    https://youtu.be/61Q1mDT1QLM?list=RD61Q1mDT1QLM

Spellbound ~Y/N

Just look at the giant, ugly, spider my DD text me!!!!!!! She knows I despise the dang things....CHILLS just looking at that monster!

This thing was living in her flowers!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    You come up with the most interesting stuff, CJ, this one particularly fascinating. So I printed it, gonna show it to my son the history major and see what he thinks of it. My DH is also a history buff and sends his appreciation. The closest thing to this I can get: as a child we visited my grandma in the country, she had no indoor plumbing. There was an outdoor well that a pump was used to fill a pail of water. There was an out house. And we took baths in a # 10 washtub. Well, that was us little ones. I have no idea what the grownups did. Sponge baths? I loved the bed, it was a very soft feather mattress that sunk way down in the middle, like being in a cocoon.
    Thanks I love finding 'gems' like this and I have always been interested in the old days. Glad you enjoyed it!

Toady we are going DD Plake for my Birthday Celebration with the family and tomorrow morning we are heading out to The Great Smokey Mts.

Hi all, I am headed no where but home. I've been sick, one of these days it will get me. Have a good holiday..
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

Cool

Hey everyone!!

I'm taking a break from all the Festive things going on! I have until 5pm today, to do what I want!! I'm at my sister's house watching Serena vs Madison Keys! Daisymae MUST be watching this too!

Boy this week has gone by quick! Still enjoying my self, and when I get home will have to download some of my pictures from the Song & Dance Festival! There is a Comic Con convention going on next door to the Marriott. Have some pix to post on a whole family dressed as ?? - ya got me - don't know much of Comic Con characters! LOL!

Oh - the Huz finally got diagnosed with being anemic! So will be headed to a Hemotolgist appointment. My sister was anemic awhile back and she gave me some tips on what to help him with it! He was SO shocked hearing the doctor's voice on the phone the other when he called to tell him about his blood test results! At lease we know now what the heck is wrong with him!!

coffeejunkie!!!!

I'll post more when I get home tomorrow!!

~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Quote Originally Posted by coffeejunkie View Post
    Just look at the giant, ugly, spider my DD text me!!!!!!! She knows I despise the dang things....CHILLS just looking at that monster!

This thing was living in her flowers!!!!!

I haven't seen on of those since 1980. We had one that made a web over across front room window. I read somewhere yesterday that there are large numbers of them cropping up.

One of our neighbor's told Anna yesterday that they are noticing a whole lot of rats moving in in the last few weeks. Every night when I water baby grasshoppers are everywhere.

All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    Hey everyone!!

I'm taking a break from all the Festive things going on! I have until 5pm today, to do what I want!! I'm at my sister's house watching Serena vs Madison Keys! Daisymae MUST be watching this too!

Boy this week has gone by quick! Still enjoying my self, and when I get home will have to download some of my pictures from the Song & Dance Festival! There is a Comic Con convention going on next door to the Marriott. Have some pix to post on a whole family dressed as ?? - ya got me - don't know much of Comic Con characters! LOL!

Oh - the Huz finally got diagnosed with being anemic! So will be headed to a Hemotolgist appointment. My sister was anemic awhile back and she gave me some tips on what to help him with it! He was SO shocked hearing the doctor's voice on the phone the other when he called to tell him about his blood test results! At lease we know now what the heck is wrong with him!!

coffeejunkie!!!!

Wow! Glad that's all it was. That can be cured by taking vitamins with Iron in them. DD got diagnosed with that too when she got heat exhaustion this summer. She's always pale, but her color was abnormally pale.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Hey everyone!!

coffeejunkie!!!!

BBM

Oh my goodness! reading about your husband gave me a flashback to an article I read in The New York Times Magazine a year ago.

Here is the first part (you can click on a link at the bottom for the second part):

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/0...tor-losing-it/

This guy's symptoms were very perplexing to medical professionals. A partial list of their guesses regarding possible causes were: environmental poisoning, renal cancer, Lyme disease, Lambert-Eaton Syndrome, and Pernicious anemia.

In the end, it wasn't just a B-12 deficiency, but an underlying copper deficiency as well. He also had celiac disease, which damaged his ability to absorb nutrients.

Don't know if any of this applies to your husband, but it does give some insight into why it took so long to get a proper diagnosis.

Wishing him a speedy recovery now that the problem has been identified!

Hey everyone!!

coffeejunkie!!!!

MY dh husband donated double red cells and after a few times he starting feeling tired all the time, and when he went to Carter the next month and they did the finger stick and said his hemoglobin was low, and he couldn't give, so he saw his dr. and that was his diagnosis was anemia. They started him on iron, and told him to eat veggies with iron. Green leafy veggies, mushrooms, red meat and fruits, Basically a healthy diet. His levels came up, but he hasn't gone back to giving blood. We started donating when Q102 had their blood drive each year. They'd give out t shirts and concert tickets. We saw the Moody Blues, ZZ Top, Tom Petty there. Dh has thirty his once a year t shirts still. His favorite was Tom Petty's Great Wide Open.

All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website

Quote Originally Posted by YESorNO View Post

It's CoffeJunkie's Birthday? I didn't know. Happy Bday, CJ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nore View Post
    Hi all, I am headed no where but home. I've been sick, one of these days it will get me. Have a good holiday..
    Hang in there, Nore! We're all rooting for you!

Quote Originally Posted by coffeejunkie View Post
    If ant hills are high in July,
    Winter will be snowy.
    If the first week in August is unusually warm,
    the coming Winter will be snowy and long.

For every fog in August, (we had 5 foggy days in AUG. I'm gonna see if this holds true
    There will be a snowfall in Winter.

If a cold August follows a hot July,
    It foretells a Winter hard and dry.

When leaves fall early,
    Fall and Winter will be mild;
    When leaves fall late,
    Winter will be severe.
    Squirrels gathering nuts in a flurry,
    Will cause snow to gather in a hurry.

Much rain in October,
    Much wind in December.

A warm October,
    A cold February.

Full Moon in October without frost,
    No frost 'till November's Full Moon.

Flowers bloomin' in late Autumn,
    A sure sign of a bad Winter comin'.

A warm November is the sign of a bad Winter.

As high as the weeds grow,
    So will the bank of snow.

Thunder in the Fall foretells a cold Winter.

Onion skins very thin,
    Mild Winter coming in;
    Onion skins thick and tough,
    Coming Winter cold and rough.
    A green Christmas; a white Easter.

If there's thunder during Christmas week,
    The Winter will be anything but meek.

A tough Winter is ahead if:

corn husks are thick and tight...
    apple skins are tough...
    birds migrate early...
    squirrels tails are very bushy...
    berries and nuts are plentiful...
    bees build their nests high in the trees.

If the breast bone of the Thanksgiving goose is red or has many spots, expect a cold and stormy Winter;
    but if only a few spots are visible, expect a mild Winter.

The severity of Winter is determined by how far down the feathers have grown on a partridge's leg.

The wider the brown (middle) band on a woolly bear caterpillar, the milder the Winter.

The nearer the New Moon to Christmas Day, the harder the Winter.

If the first snowfall lands on unfrozen ground, the Winter will be mild.

If there is thunder in Winter, it will snow 7 days later.

http://www.stormfax.com/wxfolk.htm
    I hope all those things that predict a cold and snowy winter are wrong. Really need a break from harsh winters! Never used to be that way here. Might have to become a FL or AZ snowbird if the current trends continue!

Yep! It's my Birthday LOL Had a nice Birthday out at DD and all the kids were there. Had a great lunch they fixed and receive many nice, thoughtful gifts...good day!

We will be leaving early in the morning for TN and I will not be posting my little finds I come up with. Not taking this laptop with all my goodie files, but am taking my other little laptop and will post interesting pic of vacation. Everyone keep the Side Bar burning and will be back here in full force end of the week

Will miss everyone

PS: THANKS for the Birthday Wishes...much appreciated and everyone have a great and happy Labor Day!!

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast