542 users online (63 members and 479 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

SC - Bruce Howard, 55, James Island, 3 Sept 2015

Bruce Howard

Missing James Island Man
    "The Charleston County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division is asking for the public’s help in finding Bruce Howard, of Fort Johnson Road.
    At 10 a.m. on Friday, September 4, 2015, deputies with the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office responded to 531 Fort Johnson Road to investigate a report of a missing person. According to Howard’s wife, she last saw him departing for work at 8:00 a.m. Thursday, September, 3, 2015.

Deputies with the Dorchester County Sheriff’s office located his Chevy Tahoe, unoccupied, locked, and parked near the Country Club Estates entrance."

http://counton2.com/2015/09/05/missi...es-island-man/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Following the facebook poster under this article, it seems highly likely he chose to leave and is safe somewhere and will be found very soon.

http://www.live5news.com/story/29966...missing-person

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Wife of missing James Island man makes appeal for help to find him
    http://m.live5news.com/live5news/db_...tguid=qDVSqi5a
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

A body found Thursday in a wooded area in St. George has been identified as a James Island man who was reported missing last week in Charleston County.
    http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...s-deputies-say

Self-inflicted gunshot according to The Post and Courier.

Why would he withdraw money on the way to kill himself?

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Good question. But from what I've seen reading threads of those who commit suicide, people do strange things on their way to kill themselves. :-(

This is our 26th year of marriage. We were married Sept. 23, 1989. Hugo blew through but we got married and we have been happily married and we are happily married." Michelle Howard said.
    Heartbreaking.

RIP Bruce.

I'm local to this. RIP Bruce. I'm sorry for your loss, Michelle.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Perhaps he had not made his mind up as to if he would leave the area or leave the living at that time.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

https://www.afsp.org/understanding-s...ts-and-figures

Interesting figures on suicide and age via the CDC from 1986 through 2013. People in Mr. Howard's age range have the highest suicide rate while teens and young adults have the lowest rate.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.