Firefighters in New Orleans

tybee204

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
My son is a Savannah Firefighter and is being rotated to New Orleans for 9 days. Please keep his safety in your thoughts.

We'll keep him in our prayers tybee, and we'll be watching for the daily on-ground updates from you.

Just as an aside, the Monterey Bay Aquarium is hosting a family of 17 penguins and two otters from the New Orleans Zoo/Aquarium? for as long as is necessary. Those "refugees" have definitely moved up in the world as the Monterey Bay Aquarium is outstanding. It's a great place for those guys to hang out.

Tybee, I'll be praying for him.

MY sister sent me a copy of this email she received. You might want to pass it onto to other firefighters. Good luck to your son Tybee.

Hey...
So many of us want to help our Brother and Sister firefighters effected in the Gulf Coast-and thanks to the IAFF, the NVFC, the IAFC and many others-there are many outstanding ways to help-especially from a financial standpoint. Go to their sites for more details.

Additionally, here is a very simple, low cost, meaningful way to help your Brother and Sister Firefighters...all of them....quickly.

A friend of ours Pete Matthews (from Firehouse) started collecting some FD T-shirts for a friend of ours-and many of yours-N.O.F.D. District Chief (and world known fire photographer) Chris Mickal. The folks at Fire-Rescue Magazine also joined in the effort. The goal was to help a friend. Well, now-there are plenty of shirts that will soon be delivered to Chris... but then we realized that EVERY FF down there could use some clean T-shirts. So I talked to some friends about this idea.
Nothing fancy-and of course, they will need more than shirts, but this is a start. And it would be from firefighters to firefighters without anyone else in between. Remember that the majority of FF's in those areas have lost everything.

If you and/or your FD can spare some new (unused) FD T-shirts of varied sizes, please join in on the firefighters 'THE SHIRTS OFF OUR BACKS" plan to provide as many FD T-shirts from the USA, Canada and from all over the world so they can see some immediate relief...and KNOW how much FIREFIGHTERS take care of FIREFIGHTERS. Everytime they wear one of your T-shirts...they will know.

Send your T-shirt(s) as soon as possible to:

FIRE SHIRTS OFF OUR BACKS
c/o Bladensburg Fire Rescue Co. 9
4213 Edmonston Road
Bladensburg, Maryland 20710

Not only will these shirts be delivered quickly by firefighters for firefighters and be a welcome comfort-but they will provide those firefighters with HOPE...something that is extremely critical for their survival right now. They will know first hand how much your FD and your FIREFIGHTERS really care.
Small gesture-BIG payoff.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS E-MAIL, POST THIS E-MAIL AND PASS ON THIS E-MAIL TO OTHER FIREFIGHTERS.

Thanks-Take Care,
BillyG & GordonG
The Secret List 9-4-05
www.FirefighterCloseCalls.com

PLEASE FORWARD THIS E-MAIL, POST THIS E-MAIL AND PASS ON THIS E-MAIL TO OTHER FIREFIGHTERS.

Jbean the batallion chief is my neighbor and I forwarded that to him. What a nice idea. Thank you,

I also know a firefighter who went to New Orleans from my area. His daughter goes to preschool with my daughter. He is a great guy who showed all the kids his firefighting gear and let them try it on. Hoping he comes back safely soon...

tybee204 said:
Jbean the batallion chief is my neighbor and I forwarded that to him. What a nice idea. Thank you,
Oh I'm so glad..you're very welcome.

tybee204 said:
My son is a Savannah Firefighter and is being rotated to New Orleans for 9 days. l
Hi Tybee, keeping your son in my thoughts, he'll be home soon. What is his name?

LinasK said:
I also know a firefighter who went to New Orleans from my area. His daughter goes to preschool with my daughter. He is a great guy who showed all the kids his firefighting gear and let them try it on. Hoping he comes back safely soon...
Update: He is safe but exhausted, the National Guard is protecting them. He calls home every night and may be able to be relieved and return home in a week or two! Yea!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LinasK said:
Update: He is safe but exhausted, the National Guard is protecting them. He calls home every night and may be able to be relieved and return home in a week or two! Yea!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
OH that is good news LinasK. Thanks for the update. I hope he's home soon.

We'll do that Tybee. I heard they were going to try and reopen three areas of the city, so they're going to have their hands full!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back