1138 users online (206 members and 932 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

Who's Really to Blame???

Good article - (IMO)

No one anticipated Katrina's aftermath would include a false and ignorant tidal wave of calumny against President Bush. Conservatives beware, because the goal is to politically disable the president, and the conservative agenda with him.

A few basic facts will help to detox the political environment:
    (1) FEMA is not an agency of first responders. It is not the agency responsible for bringing people bottles of water and trays of fresh food, or transporting them out of harm's way. It also has zero law enforcement authority, or personnel.
    These first-responder jobs are the responsibility of local and state government -- city police and firemen, city transportation and emergency services personnel, state police, and ultimately the state National Guard.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/comme...0641-5247r.htm

Comments?

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Mother Nature is the first to blame. Many people do not like that because there is nothing they can do about Mother Nature. These people crave some type of control in a situation of complete Kaoss. So blaming various government offiicials is the next best thing. We are all responsible. Those of us who elect our officials. Those of us who choose to be our officials, Those who did not evacuate, Those of us who built a great city on a flood plane. We are all guilty but no one is to blame. but we must all be held accountable.

mjak

Great post Mjak~~~

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjak
    Mother Nature is the first to blame. Many people do not like that because there is nothing they can do about Mother Nature. These people crave some type of control in a situation of complete Kaoss. So blaming various government offiicials is the next best thing. We are all responsible. Those of us who elect our officials. Those of us who choose to be our officials, Those who did not evacuate, Those of us who built a great city on a flood plane. We are all guilty but no one is to blame. but we must all be held accountable.

mjak
    So true!

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

mjak
    AHH, but there are people out there saying that Big Oil is to blame. He caused the global warming that made Mother Nature produce this monster storm! And me and you, we drive around in gas powered cars and use spray deoderant and so, alas, it's our fault too. Third on the list, Bush, cuz he didn't rebuild the levees, it dribbles down to blanco and nagin, and dear god, don't act like any resident had any personal responsibility for the safety of themselves and their families! I actually watched a guy on tv say all this last night. Made me want to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux
    AHH, but there are people out there saying that Big Oil is to blame. He caused the global warming that made Mother Nature produce this monster storm! And me and you, we drive around in gas powered cars and use spray deoderant and so, alas, it's our fault too. Third on the list, Bush, cuz he didn't rebuild the levees, it dribbles down to blanco and nagin, and dear god, don't act like any resident had any personal responsibility for the safety of themselves and their families! I actually watched a guy on tv say all this last night. Made me want to puke.
    OMG. I'm puking too.
    Well without rewriting everything I've written. I'll make mine short and sweet. While I think there is plenty of blame to go around,I place the brunt of it squarely on the Governor and then the mayor.They failed their citizens miserably. They should have followed the plan in place in order to be self sufficient for 72 hours while waiting for federal aid.
    I am not afraid to place blame, becasue I think that is the catalyst for change. I know i will take a long look at my own elected officials and what help they have to offer me in the event of disaster.I know I will take the time to become more personally self sufficient.
    The effects of a hurricane this magnitude were well documented and that's what first response disaster planning is all about. Knowing the possibilities and being ready, following the plan.
    Nothing would have been 100% efffective, but it could have been a lot less catastrophic.

Kgeaux I am having trouble understanding what you have written. who is big oil? and
    what is it that makes you want to puke?

mjak

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    And now there's even people saying that the stories of toxic water are being spun - with the media's help - because somebody wants all the land for oil drilling. This will never end.
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

Kgeaux I am having trouble understanding what you have written. who is big oil? and
    what is it that makes you want to puke?

mjak
    Big oil is Halliburton primarily. And Schulumberger, and Shell and BJ Oil and all the other big guys.

I want to puke because there are people who use the storm to promote a certain political agenda. They are stepping on the bodies of those who died to blame the deaths on something they already hate--big oil in this case.

If these opportunists loved big oil companies but hated American car manufacturers, then the blame would be on American car manufacturers for contributing to global warming thus causing big huge monster storms.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux
    Big oil is Halliburton primarily. And Schulumberger, and Shell and BJ Oil and all the other big guys.

I want to puke because there are people who use the storm to promote a certain political agenda. They are stepping on the bodies of those who died to blame the deaths on something they already hate--big oil in this case.

If these opportunists loved big oil companies but hated American car manufacturers, then the blame would be on American car manufacturers for contributing to global warming thus causing big huge monster storms.
    Okay, I understand now and I join you in wanting to puke!!!

mjak

Quote Originally Posted by less0305
    And now there's even people saying that the stories of toxic water are being spun - with the media's help - because somebody wants all the land for oil drilling. This will never end.
    I guess the massive amounts of poop, leaked fuel oil and decaying human bodies bobbing around in the stew are just window dressing, I guess.

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    I guess the massive amounts of poop, leaked fuel oil and decaying human bodies bobbing around in the stew are just window dressing, I guess.
    I guess. Reminds me of the people who think the aliens are speaking to them through the fillings in their teeth.
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

I guess. Reminds me of the people who think the aliens are speaking to them through the fillings in their teeth.
    okay I laughed out loud Less

You mean they're not?

I am watching a synopsis on Paula Zahn....CNN. It is so apparent that there were many failures.I want it all to be good all feely stories but it isn't. The people who blame the residents for not leaving when they couldn't need to look as much as a week later. When waste from resources that were not utilized. Helicopters sitting on pads, Red Cross not allowed in, people/firefighters sitting in hotel rooms in Atlanta with a 50 dollar a day per diem and not utilized. It is waste and the human toll is terrible.Too big for our britches or too dumb to follow a plan? Or too many appointees with a different agenda? It just sucks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast