1240 users online (244 members and 996 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.

IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/640492271973105665

(CNN)Police discovered the body parts of a child Saturday afternoon near Chicago's Garfield Park, the Chicago Police Department said.

After a foot turned up, police initiated a search and found further parts.

The park, which is centrally located near Chicago's New West Side, has been closed. The investigation is ongoing.

Multiple police vehicles and officers responded, and officers continued searching into the night, video footage from CNN affiliate WLS showed.
    Last edited by skibaboo; 09-06-2015 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Removed video and replaced with link to tweet, video caused page to load wonky for me!

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Child's Body Parts Found in Chicago's Garfield Park

The body parts of a child were found in Chicago's Garfield Park on Saturday afternoon, the Chicago Police Department said.

Police said a child's foot was discovered near the park's lagoon at around 5:40 p.m. ET.

They said additional human remains were discovered after the park was closed for investigation.

Police told NBC News it was not known whether the body parts belonged to the one person.

Officers searched the park into the evening, and said the search for remains would resume Sunday.

The park is closed until further notice.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Police said a child's foot was discovered near the park's lagoon at around 5:40 p.m. ET.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...d-park-n422526

Someone called 911 to report a small foot floating in the lagoon, the Chicago Tribune reported. It turned out to be the left foot of a toddler.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/06...o-park-lagoon/

He says the remains were badly decomposed but that it appears they are those of a toddler. He says detectives haven't determined whose remains they are or how the child might have died.

http://www.wral.com/toddler-s-decomp...park/14880520/
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Mike Lowe@MikeLoweReports https://twitter.com/MikeLoweReports/status/640516751441174528
    The Chicago Police marine unit arrives at the Garfield Park Lagoon, where a child's body parts were found. @WGNNews

Last edited by tlcya; 09-06-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

I just read this on the news-such a grisly find! I hope they can find the rest of this little one and find her/his identity. So sad.

"Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says a person called 911 at about 4:40 p.m. Saturday to report seeing what turned out to be a toddler's left foot floating in the Garfield Park lagoon. He says officers subsequently found a right foot and a hand in the lagoon about 25 yards away."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...906-story.html

The article states the body was badly decomposed, which indicates the child has been missing from some family long enough to be noticed gone. This isn't something freshly done within the past day. While I wish the case didn't happen at all, I do hope the identity can be quickly found on a list of children already reported missing. In other words, I hope the child was loved in life.

JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    Mike Lowe@MikeLoweReports]https://twitter.com/MikeLoweReports/status/640516751441174528
    The Chicago Police marine unit arrives at the Garfield Park Lagoon, where a child's body parts were found. @WGNNews

HOW, just HOW can a human being do such a thing to a tiny, innocent little child? There IS no explanation! There IS no reason! There IS no excuse! There IS no forgiveness on earth! There is ONLY pain and suffering.

I grew up in a suburb ten miles north of Garfield Park, although I'm not at all familiar with this area.
    Last edited by tlcya; 09-06-2015 at 11:49 AM. Reason: fix quoted post

IL - Child's body parts found near Garfield Park, Chicago 9/5/2015

After a chld's foot was found, police searching found more body parts.

Just awful. I really have no other words, just prayers for the poor soul who made the find.

I wonder about any reported missing children in Chicago. If this child wasn't reported missing it's obvious the family is involved. It makes me ill to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by rwpennell View Post
    I wonder about any reported missing children in Chicago. If this child wasn't reported missing it's obvious the family is involved. It makes me ill to think about.
    I did a quick search and didn't come up with much. I'm certainly not the best at searching databases though.

given this was a toddler, not likely in school yet, the child may not have been reported missing by its caretakers

What a horrible thing for the person who discovered the foot. Busy enjoying a lovely sunny day at the park and then everything turns dark.

Horrifying that 1) someone would do this to a child and 2) there are no children reported missing in this age range. No family has come forward to say they hadn't seen a certain toddler in the recent past. Ugh....
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    Horrifying that 1) someone would do this to a child and 2) there are no children reported missing in this age range. No family has come forward to say they hadn't seen a certain toddler in the recent past. Ugh....
    I found a 2-yo boy missing from Gary, IN on 7-25-15. Gary is not far from Chicago. I'll have to go back and get more info. I think he was with an adult aunt who had some problems.

Here's a link to the WS forum on this case:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...uly-2015/page4
    Last edited by ILOKAL; 09-06-2015 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Add link & correct date

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast