755 users online (180 members and 575 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,885

    Storm Survivors Told To 'Expose Themselves'

    A group of female hurricane survivors were told to show their breasts if they wanted to be rescued, a British holidaymaker has revealed.Ged Scott watched as American rescuers turned their boat around and sped off when the the women refused.

    The account was just another example of the horror stories emerging from the hurricane disaster zone.

    Mr Scott, 36, of Liverpool, was with his wife and seven-year-old daughter in the Ramada Hotel when the flood waters started rising.

    "At one point, there were a load of girls on the roof of the hotel saying 'Can you help us?' and the policemen said 'Show us what you've got' and made signs for them to lift their T-shirts," he told the Liverpool Evening Echo. "When the girls refused, they said `Fine' and motored off down the road in their boat."

    At one point he had to wade through filthy water to barricade the hotel doors against looters.

    He said the experience made him want to vomit.

    Mr Scott also slated the rescue operation, saying police were more interested in taking snapshots of the devastation rather than rescuing the victims.

    "I could not have a lower opinion of the authorities, from the police officers on the street right up to George Bush," he said.

    "I couldn't describe how bad the authorities were. Just little things like taking photographs of us, as we are standing on the roof waving for help, for their own little snapshot albums"

    He added: "The American people saved us. I wish I could say the same for the American authorities."

    Mike Brocken, of Chester, said he feared his wife Christine and 18-year-old daughter Stephanie would be raped when they went into the Louisiana Superdome.

    The family were also racially abused by other refugees in the stadium.

    Mr Brocken, a BBC Radio Merseyside presenter and music lecturer, told the station: "We were going to go inside the Superdome.

    "I approached two members of the National Guard and they said to stay outside because they knew it was hell in there.

    "One female office basically said under no circumstances take the women in there, because she knew what it was like.


    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/06092005/14...hemselves.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,139
    All the story says is that these were "American rescuers" -- which could mean it was the ****s in a looted boat .... or maybe it was Sean Penn and his entourage.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,641
    "At one point, there were a load of girls on the roof of the hotel saying 'Can you help us?' and the policemen said 'Show us what you've got' and made signs for them to lift their T-shirts," he told the Liverpool Evening Echo. "When the girls refused, they said `Fine' and motored off down the road in their boat."

  4. #4
    less0305's Avatar
    less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,248
    I don't know whether the story is true or not - but as I said before, we will hear so many urban legends from this we won't even believe it.
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    7,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypros
    "At one point, there were a load of girls on the roof of the hotel saying 'Can you help us?' and the policemen said 'Show us what you've got' and made signs for them to lift their T-shirts," he told the Liverpool Evening Echo. "When the girls refused, they said `Fine' and motored off down the road in their boat."
    I HOPE it turns out that it was ****s posing as cops, but it probably was real cops. They must've thought it was Mardi Gras.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypros
    "At one point, there were a load of girls on the roof of the hotel saying 'Can you help us?' and the policemen said 'Show us what you've got' and made signs for them to lift their T-shirts," he told the Liverpool Evening Echo. "When the girls refused, they said `Fine' and motored off down the road in their boat."
    Oops, I flunked my reading comprehension test this morning. Off to get another cup of coffee.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,641
    Iam glad those girls were smart enough not to get on that boat. It is so sad that they had to pass on an opportunity to be rescued because of the opportunistics behavior of pigs (pun intended).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    lala land
    Posts
    9,620
    What a shame, if this story is true. I've been watching New Orleans police superintendent Eddie Compass on CNN over the last week and he seems to be a very devoted and decent guy. He talked about what LE members are going through, living in the streets, working 21 hour days with no food and water while many are dealing with the loss of their own homes, families, or children. On top of all that they are battling ****s who have them outgunned and they have no way to communicate with each other, no way to call for back up when they need it. Two of his officers have committed suicide.

    It's too bad that the bad apple stories are predominant in the news while the heroic efforts of the "good guys" are going unmentioned.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,468
    If this is true, it's absolutely horrible!!! It doesn't matter if it was people in uniform, military personnel or ****s appearing to be rescuers - I cannot fathom how some people (whoever it was that did this) just seem to have no soul. Sick.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    A group of female hurricane survivors were told to show their breasts if they wanted to be rescued, a British holidaymaker has revealed.Ged Scott watched as American rescuers turned their boat around and sped off when the the women refused.

    The account was just another example of the horror stories emerging from the hurricane disaster zone.

    Mr Scott, 36, of Liverpool, was with his wife and seven-year-old daughter in the Ramada Hotel when the flood waters started rising.

    "At one point, there were a load of girls on the roof of the hotel saying 'Can you help us?' and the policemen said 'Show us what you've got' and made signs for them to lift their T-shirts," he told the Liverpool Evening Echo. "When the girls refused, they said `Fine' and motored off down the road in their boat."

    At one point he had to wade through filthy water to barricade the hotel doors against looters.

    He said the experience made him want to vomit.

    Mr Scott also slated the rescue operation, saying police were more interested in taking snapshots of the devastation rather than rescuing the victims.

    "I could not have a lower opinion of the authorities, from the police officers on the street right up to George Bush," he said.

    "I couldn't describe how bad the authorities were. Just little things like taking photographs of us, as we are standing on the roof waving for help, for their own little snapshot albums"

    He added: "The American people saved us. I wish I could say the same for the American authorities."

    Mike Brocken, of Chester, said he feared his wife Christine and 18-year-old daughter Stephanie would be raped when they went into the Louisiana Superdome.

    The family were also racially abused by other refugees in the stadium.

    Mr Brocken, a BBC Radio Merseyside presenter and music lecturer, told the station: "We were going to go inside the Superdome.

    "I approached two members of the National Guard and they said to stay outside because they knew it was hell in there.

    "One female office basically said under no circumstances take the women in there, because she knew what it was like.


    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/06092005/14...hemselves.html
    I think the report re police and "show us your tits" is bogus.
    The women being told not to enter the SuperDome was probably true, though.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tybee Island,GA
    Posts
    7,556
    Perhaps as bogus as the Looting Police. Oh wait that is on video
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The lovely Sacramento Valley in northern California
    Posts
    945
    Yes, there are ‘Bad’ cops. Yes, there are ‘Good’ cops. Yes, we know of at least two NO officers who committed suicide in the days following the hurricane. Yes, we know of many officers who stayed and helped while still unsure of their own families whereabouts or safety.
    This story, if true, is abhorrent, but I guarantee you will hear more of these in the future. Good AND bad. True, or false. It’s only just begun.

  13. #13
    less0305's Avatar
    less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    It's too bad that the bad apple stories are predominant in the news while the heroic efforts of the "good guys" are going unmentioned.
    But the bad stories are what sell and get the ratings. Why, I do not know. I'd rather hear the stories of heroism.
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by tybee204
    Perhaps as bogus as the Looting Police. Oh wait that is on video
    Believe it or not, police have the power to requisition (ie take) supplies during a civil emergency. The looters, however, did not see the difference. If the cops had requisitioned the needed supplies and distributed them in a sane manner, instead of allowing looting to go ahead unimpeded, the lawlessness that resulted in murders and rapes would not have been as extreme.

    However, NO does have one of the most corrupt police departments in the US. While I was living there they had the disband their vice squad due to corruption.

    I don't believe it because people out there dodging submerged cars, downed powerlines, toppled trees and floating balls of fireants, amongst other obstacles, to pull people off roof tops usually have more to think about than ta-tas.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paducah, KY
    Posts
    13,806
    I vote for *bogus* on this report. I think it's a spoof on the timehonored "show us your t***" signs and catcalls of numerous spring breaks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Coming Soon - A big expose about TMZ
    By i.b.nora in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2015, 07:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2012, 02:37 PM