Bravery and co-operation saves trapped polar bear in Alaska

zwiebel

Reaction score
When a 1,000 pound polar bear became trapped in a fishing net off an Alaska island, courage and co-operation were required to save it.

While US Geological Survey and Fish and Wildlife tranquilized the bear, local residents took to their boats to keep it afloat until it could be pulled ashore and untangled. It required rescuers to get up uncomfortably close and personal, but the sleepy bear was eventually released unharmed back into the wilderness.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...w&hootPostID=31c1b200154abad626565739916b4f43

Attachments

• COTOrecWoAAdu2s.jpg
    COTOrecWoAAdu2s.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 33
I know Polar bears are notoriously big and fierce, but this Polar bear looks really cute. I know its because he's sedated.
I am glad he is alright.

I know Polar bears are notoriously big and fierce, but this Polar bear looks really cute. I know its because he's sedated.
I am glad he is alright.
Sometimes they can look like big teddy bears when they are being playful. I used to receive greeting cards with pictures of polar bears in cute poses. I framed them and hung them on a wall in my home.

Polar bears are becoming endangered as icebergs melt and their habitat shrinks and, as in this case, due to the dangers posed by fishing nets. It is good to see people helping these creatures survive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back