UK - CJ de Mooi (from TV's Eggheads) confesses to possible 1998 murder

Mmmm. I tried a search, but couldn't really find any bodies found in water in Amsterdam in 1998 where the case hasn't been resolved.

There is a possible man found stabbed, with a blow to the head and weighted in a canal that year, but I can't find a proper media link so that has to be treated as rumour. Depending on how long he was in the water, I suppose any body found with a facial/head injury may have appeared to have banged his head falling into the water, especially if he was under the influence of something. Homeless, he might never have been reported missing and may just be an UID laying in a mortuary somewhere.

I'm taking this with a pinch of salt though. If CJ de Mooi was really so haunted and knew his story was about to be published and get media coverage, why didn't he contact Dutch police and check if a body had ever been found?

If it's true and a person has been missing or unidentified for years because of him not coming forward, I hope there's some punishment.

Hm not that muggers couldn't get killed in Amsterdam and many other places but confessing a homicide in a book? Would someone go so far just to add sensational value? I don't know this guy at all.
In an extract from his autobiography, he wrote: "He caught me on the wrong day and I just snapped."

The 45-year-old former rent boy added: "I fully suspect I killed him. I've no idea what happened to him."

He said: "This is the one incident of my life I do regret. I was in a phone box and this old guy, obviously a massive drug user, came up behind me with a knife in his hand.

"He told me to turn around, open my bag and give him whatever was inside.

"It was the only outburst of violence I’ve ever done. That’s one of the main reasons why I absolutely abhor all violence."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...ggheads-panellist-I-think-I-killed-a-man.html

You think you killed a man but you have no idea what happened to him? Um... let me guess... he died?

German man named as possible victim - Norbert Dichtl age 36

Eric Slot, the founder of Murder Atlas – a Dutch database that tracks killings in Amsterdam, told the Limburger, a Dutch regional newspaper, that he believed the victim could have been a man called Norbert Dichtl who drowned in a canal in Amsterdam in 1988.

Slot said that according to the data this man “wasn’t dead before he fell in the water, it was definitely by drowning. There were other parties found in the canal that year, but this is the only victim who received a hit and died in the canal”.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...eggheads-arrested-over-killing-in-netherlands

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back