1265 users online (266 members and 999 guests)  

Websleuths News

OK - John Varner, 55, Bristow, 3 Sept 2015

He told his family he was going for a ride on his 3-wheeler Harley Davidson, and never returned. His cell phone was left at home.

Mainstream media link:
    http://www.newson6.com/story/2997602...ys-family-says

Help Find John Varner Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Helpfindjohnvarner

The family said he left his cell phone at home and was last seen in a black shirt driving south on Main Street in Bristow.

link

http://m.fox23.com/news/news/local/f...tow-man/nnZcN/

A little new info. Why would you take your blood pressure medicine and 'severe' pain medicine for your back for a couple hours ride on your 3 wheeler? HBP meds are usually taken in the morning or evening and I don't think taking pain medicine and riding a three wheeler is doctor recommended. Makes me kind of worry . . .
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

This is disturbing news. He didn't take his phone with him--which I would if going for a ride in case I had trouble--but took along prescriptions? Could this point towards considering suicide?

I note that the things he did not take with him are the things that allow him to be tracked in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by doublestop View Post
    This is disturbing news. He didn't take his phone with him--which I would if going for a ride in case I had trouble--but took along prescriptions? Could this point towards considering suicide?

I note that the things he did not take with him are the things that allow him to be tracked in one way or another.
    I was thinking more on the lines of if he took his medication with him, he knew he would be gone for awhile, and he didn't take the cell phone because he didn't want to be tracked.
    If he were to commit suicide, would he even think to take his medications along?
    On the other hand, people do all kinds of unexpected things then commit suicide.
    I hope he is ok and comes back home safely.

IMOO.

Well, I was thinking perhaps he was considering using the meds to commit suicide?

Quote Originally Posted by doublestop View Post
    Well, I was thinking perhaps he was considering using the meds to commit suicide?
    I was thinking about the blood pressure meds.( But I don't know if he took too much of those what would happen.)
    I can see your point about the pain meds.
    Sad story if that is what transpired.
    IMOO.

Too much blood pressure medicine lowers the bp to dangerous levels, and too much pain medicine (assuming opiates) will cause respiratory depression. Used as prescribed, they're fine, but taking too much of either or both would be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by MzOpinion8d View Post
    Too much blood pressure medicine lowers the bp to dangerous levels, and too much pain medicine (assuming opiates) will cause respiratory depression. Used as prescribed, they're fine, but taking too much of either or both would be dangerous.
    Thanks for the info.

https://www.facebook.com/Helpfindjohnvarner

UPDATE, per facebook administrator. He has been found.

https://www.facebook.com/Helpfindjoh...14839508710168

IMOO.
    Last edited by Treelights; 09-08-2015 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Updating original post.

He was found in Roswell, New Mexico, and that he was taking a trip down memory lane.

Very short article.

http://www.newson6.com/story/2998582...-in-new-mexico

I'm so glad he was found safe. The picture of him with all of the kids clamoring to get on his trike is so cute. It would have been a shame if something happened to him.

Next time, tell someone you are getting lost for a while, Mr. Varner. Lots of people out there love you.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJoJo View Post
    I'm so glad he was found safe. The picture of him with all of the kids clamoring to get on his trike is so cute. It would have been a shame if something happened to him.

Next time, tell someone you are getting lost for a while, Mr. Varner. Lots of people out there love you.
    Maybe he is married to a more "not without me or my permission" type. This could have been the easier way out for a short trip. Sad, if true.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.