FL FL - Richard Key, 25, Jacksonville, September 2012

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Family looks for answers in 2012 unsolved murder
Richard Key gunned down in drive-by shooting
Author: Kent Justice, Anchor, reporter, kjustice@wjxt.com
Published On: Sep 07 2015 04:31:05 PM EDT Updated On: Sep 07 2015 06:48:09 PM EDT

Richard-Key-jpg.jpg

Richard Key

[...]
Key’s mother, Catherine Ivey, held an emotional vigil at her home Monday asking the community to remember her son while she continues to look for answers that could help police close the cold case and give her some relief.

“He was called out of the store and the next thing I know, somebody’s knocking on my door, telling me my son was dead,” Ivey said.

[...]
Ivey said she stays in touch with police and knows they need help solving the murder. She said she still aches for her lost son and pleads for help from the community.

“I don’t know what triggered it or what could have happened, but I just pray that justice prevails for my son, because he didn’t deserve what happened to him,” Ivey said.

[...]
“You kept it so long but it has to come out. Don’t let his children not know what happened to their father,” Ivey said. “I just pray and ask anybody, if you know, please tell it. It’s time to talk! It’s time to let justice prevail.”

Ivey also wanted to remind anyone with information that they can contact Crime Stoppers at 866-845-TIPS and leave an anonymous tip and be eligible for a reward for information that leads to an arrest in the case.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/family-wont-give-up-hope-on-cold-case/35146866

I wonder if LE knows who called him out of the store?

Published: September 7, 2015, 6:48 pm

Family looks for answers in 2012 unsolved murder
Snips:

Friends, family and police are still looking for answers in the shooting death of 25-year-old Richard Key, who was gunned down in a drive-by shooting outside of a store on Jacksonville's Eastside in 2012.

"He was called out of the store and the next thing I know, somebody's knocking on my door, telling me my son was dead," Ivey said.

More details about the vehicle and it's occupants.

Unsolved Crimes - First Coast Crime Stoppers

On Friday Sept 7th at 0845, police were dispatched to East 26th Street and Buckman Street in reference to a shooting. When they arrived they found Richard Key deceased on the side of the road. The victim suffered multiple gunshot wounds. It had been reported that a white passenger vehicle had been circling the neighborhood prior to the shooting and was seen speeding off from 26th/Buckman right after. The vehicle was occupied by 2-3 black males, had window tint and was described by witnesses as a police style Impala all the way to a Toyota 4dr.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back