1041 users online (230 members and 811 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ - Jennifer Cervantes, 4, killed in hit & run, Queen Creek, Jan 2006

PHOENIX (AP) A 4-year-old girl allegedly kidnapped by her father last summer in an attack that also left three relatives dead was fatally struck by a hit-and-run driver, authorities said.

Jennifer Cervantes was playing outside a mini-mart where her mother was selling items a few feet away when she was hit by a truck Sunday, police said.

The driver, a 72-year-old man, pulled into a parking lot and surveyed the damage to his truck before looking at the child and driving off, authorities said. He was arrested at a nearby home after witnesses followed his truck and called police. In July, Jennifer's father, Rodrigo Cervantes Zavala, was arrested in Mexico after allegedly abducting Jennifer and her baby brother and killing her grandparents and uncle, officials said

http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/012...struck_ap.html

How incredibly sad.

That poor mother.............she has certainly been through alot.
    Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride.

My opinion!

Poor baby girl... How sad.

How awful. :*(

always sad when a child hurts...I feel for this poor mom, she's been thru so much

How sad. That poor mother has lost her parents, brother, and now her daughter all in a years time. That would be so hard to deal with. She still has the trial ahead too. I think she could use a few prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    How sad. That poor mother has lost her parents, brother, and now her daughter all in a years time. That would be so hard to deal with. She still has the trial ahead too. I think she could use a few prayers.
    Thinking the same thing...now single mom with two little ones- hope she has more family and close friends. Prayers that she can keep it together for her little ones.

So much tragedy at the hands of her husband...she needs lots of prayers and lots of support.

I would be in a locked pshc ward. Can not imagine the pain,guilt, anger she is going through. Bless her.

Unhappy

unimaginable, prayers to her and her family.

Why is a 72 yr old man allowed to operate a motor vehichle?I have long stated that we need a limit on such.
    http://proadvocate.proboards74.com/index.cgi death penalty supporters only

Quote Originally Posted by proadvocate
    Why is a 72 yr old man allowed to operate a motor vehichle?I have long stated that we need a limit on such.
    Because bring in rules such as they have in Britain (new driving test required at the age of 70, 75, 80 and every year thereafter), would be a vote loser in the states.

this poor mother.