1008 users online (165 members and 843 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Skylar went missing right around the same time that Bear did. The first comment on this post is by his mom, saying her son was missing with someone named Eli. So coincidental. https://m.facebook.com/KUSINews/posts/10153498774476068

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTmo View Post
    Skylar went missing right around the same time that Bear did. The first comment on this post is by his mom, saying her son was missing with someone named Eli. So coincidental. https://m.facebook.com/KUSINews/posts/10153498774476068
    The whole thing with Skylar is definitely weird - he sort of went missing two weeks prior to when he really went missing for good, and seems to have gotten hooked up with a fringe-cult-ish type group.

But the similarities timing wise between the two, and even really age and sort of general appearance and both physically not being totally well is a little interesting.

I saw Bear's family said that they were searching w/ Skylar's family with a dog Amber Dubouis' family uses now (for those unfamiliar she was kidnapped walked to school in Escondido - later found to have been murdered by the same guy who lured and murdered Chelsea King and left her remains on the opposite side of Lake Hodges where the remains were found yesterday)

Both families also have a PI involved. I know in Skylar's case it's Bill Garcia (I'm not a fan after some of the stuff he's pulled in other cases - including Amber's, but...)

I'm not sure if Bear's family is also using BG or someone else?

I think it'll end up being a strange fluke there are some commonalities, but is it interesting since it's not like we have a ton of missing people in San Diego (and the suburbs) given the population.

Quote Originally Posted by KayElJay View Post
    Thanks for the info and explanation of the area TravelingBug! I'm not at all familiar with the area so I was afraid I might be totally off base, sorry. Skylar does seem like a more likely match. Whoever it is unfortunately, a family will be getting answers/bad news and another one will be left searching.
    Very true!

And it could be someone else altogether who doesn't have family vocally out there talking about their loved one (or a family who doesn't know family member was missing)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTmo View Post
    Here is a Facebook page that Bear's family made for him around the end of September. https://www.facebook.com/BringBearDiazHome

One of the earliest posts says: "August 29th, 2015, Bear was dropped off at his home at 10:30pm, at 4 pm the next day his mom brought him dinner, and he was not there. TV, Comforter and Sheets were missing as well as his back pack that he took every where and the crutches he needed to get around, due to a foot injury he was healing from. He was not able to drive, someone picked him up, he could not carry his TV and bedding while using his crutches, Someone helped him leave, was it willingly? Or was it forced? We do not know. But we do know that someone knows what happened, someone carried his stuff and drove him away from his home. Please continue to spread the word, and pray that the truth is revealed..."
    It's driving me nuts b/c we had another case VERY similar to this one within the last few years.

A young man had some degree of disability (so more severe than Bear's complications from the diabetes) and was in a wheelchair and some guys came and took him and I think put him in his wheelchair in the bed of a truck and drove off with him (and I think things from the home).

I don't recall if someone had been locked in another room and that's how they knew someone took him in that truck or what...but strangely similar in other aspects.

Anyone remember who that was? My hunting hasn't found it yet! I've been looking since this case with Bear first was in the news.

I hope Bear and Skyler are both found safe and well. I was also taken by the similarities between the two boys, particularly age range and stature. I wonder if police took finger prints in Bear's room to try to determine who took his belongings out. Even if he is gone willingly, he definitely would have needed help moving stuff.

The remains are neither Skylar nor Bear.

The remains were examined by the county Medical Examiner's Office, which determined they likely were that of a black or Latina woman, 25 to 35 years old, and 5 feet 3 inches or 5 feet 4 inches tall.

<snip>

She is believed to have died three to six weeks ago, Nelson said in a statement on Tuesday. He did not say if the cause of her death had been determined.
    http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...y-lake-hodges/

From the above article about Elijah....

http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/fu...n-man-diabetes

He is 5.10”, approximately 110 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes.
    And from Skylar Tosic's missing flyer...

SKYLAR "SKY" Gregory Peterson Tosic is Age 20, 5’ 11’’, 100 lbs., with Hazel Eyes and Lt. Brown Hair.
    They are both ghastly thin for their heights.

What happened to Erica Jayne Franolich?
    Missing from Middleburgh, NY, October 1986

Bumping for Bear. Hoping to get some people that know Bear to get involved in the discussion so that we can try to help. Where are you, Bear? Your family wants you.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    The remains are neither Skylar nor Bear.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...y-lake-hodges/
    Thank you. I hope this poor woman receives the justice she deserves, and that someone is looking for her.

I'd think this is more likely to be an undocumented immigrant since there's a Border Patrol checkpoint near Pine Valley and so sometimes people will get dropped off and try to hike around it, but it's east county and that's definitely more the area of Bear's home and family.

It's about 20 minutes away, but if Bear went east at all, there isn't a whole lot between El Cajon and Pine Valley apart from Lakeside and Alpine and the road up to Laguna Mountain, so it is, in my mind, a possibility.

As soon as I just saw the tweet about it Bear came to mind so I wanted to post it here just in case it ended up being relevant.

Around 9:30 a.m., deputies from the Pine Valley substation responded to the 24000 block of Japatul Valley Road to investigate a report of hikers having found human remains in a nearby canyon.

When deputies arrived, they located the remains and confirmed they were human.
    http://www.10news.com/news/hikers-fi...-valley-110815

The identification of the remains have yet to be identified by the San Diego County Medical Examiner's officer.

No further information was immediately available.
    Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...#ixzz3qxP5GaCM
    Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

A team of dogs hired by family will begin combing the area Friday in a renewed effort to find him.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/31033031/s...-man-continues

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

So sorry to see he's still missing...I remember seeing his face on here several months ago. His mom seems to miss him like crazy, they were very close according to the FB page.

Elijah "Bear" Diaz missing since 8/29/2015 must still be missing!

I received my store ads this week and there was his pic and missing info from the Nat'l Ctr for Missing & Exploited Children. Tried to find some updates online, even went to the Help Find Elijah FB page, and I couldn't find any updates. It's almost a year since he went missing. Anyone know if his mother is still searching for him? Wishing her strength.

Oh, found an update from July 3rd. He's still missing.
    Glad I got that flyer with my store ads. Keep getting the word out.
    Hope someone comes forward with info soon. Keeping my eyes open.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast