1095 users online (211 members and 884 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

OR - Lisa Wright, 37, Portland, 8 Sept 2015

Lisa Jane Wright

Portland police looking for missing 37-year-old woman
    "Portland police are looking for a missing 37-year-old woman.

Lisa Jane Wright was last in contact with family or friends on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. She went for a walk from her Linnton neighborhood home in Northwest Portland.

At 11:45 p.m., some of her personal items were found on the north side of the St. Johns Bridge.

There were no reports of her intending to harm herself, or any history of medical or mental health issues or problems with addiction, police said."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._for_mi_6.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Wright is described as 5 feet 4 inches tall, 125 pounds, with brown hair, blue eyes, glasses, and a large tattoo on her right shoulder. Wright was last seen wearing a long-sleeved, button-up shirt and tight-fitting pants, police said.

Anyone who sees Wright should call 911. Anyone with non-emergency information should contact Detective Heidi Helwig at 503-823-0797,

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._for_mi_6.html

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

"Some of her personal belongings were found around 11:45 p.m. Tuesday on the north side of the St. Johns Bridge, police said."

That's the bridge pictured in her cover photo on FB.

Police: Portland woman goes missing while out for a walk
    http://www.kptv.com/story/29993430/p...out-for-a-walk

The police report: http://www.portlandoregon.gov/police...ad.cfm?id=6573

Although there were no witnesses reporting someone jumped off of the bridge, the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office River Patrol checked the river but did not locate anything out of the ordinary.

I worked in the North Portland area for many years, within walking distance of the North end of the St John's Bridge. As you come off the bridge, you have three choices, you can either go left which will allow you access to the neighborhood that lines Cathedral Park, straight into the main drag of St John's or to the right which will lead to Safeway, several businesses and the St John's Precinct of the Portland Police.

Cathedral Park, so named for the Cathedral shaped structures of the pillars that hold up the bridge, is lovely. It is a frequent campsite for the homeless and there is evidence of drug use, however it's also widely used by walkers and those who are wishing to bike through it down towards the boat ramp below. You will also find office workers enjoying lunch and outdoor concerts, as long as the weather is nice enough.

There is a large industrial area under the bridge, extending down to the water. During the day, it feels perfectly safe to walk around and you do see a lot of folks walking their dogs.

So, all that said, it's not that unusual her stuff was found in this area if she was in fact walking her dog down there. It would be interesting to find out where it was found. Was it on the bridge? Under it, at the Starbucks a block away from where the bridge ends? On a bench outside the bookstore across from Starbucks or in a garbage can by the police station. Or was it found nearer the boat ramps. An answer might give some idea as to where she might have ended up.

My other concern is Linnton is a very small town at the edge of Forest Park that is on the other side of the river. I don't know where she lived in relation to the St John's Bridge. Walking down Highway 30 especially as it's getting into the evening can't be much fun. Heck driving down it during that time isn't much fun given there aren't many lights and it's bordered by very tall and densely packed trees on one side and an industrial area on the other.

However, it's entirely possible she lives just near the South end of the St John's Bridge and walked over it. But maybe she lives 2 miles down the road, who knows. I have this feeling she either met with foul play or she was the victim of a hit and run on the Highway. All I know is, I hope they find her safe!

Was there any sign of her dog?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Li...ab139f8fc1943e

I didn't read that she had a dog. It appears that she went out for a walk and didn't come back.
    For some reason this story sounds "fishy". I don't know why or what is it, but there's something no right (besides the missing person). I hope she is found safe and sound soon.

It's been(relatively) beastly hot/humid here in Portland for the past few days. The long sleeve button-down shirt and tight pants Lisa was last seen wearing are unusual given the weather.
    always remembering

Jacob Wetterling, missing from St. Joseph, Minnesota since October 22, 1989

Jeanna North, missing from West Fargo, North Dakota since June 28, 1993

Family, friends of missing Portland woman continue search
    Saturday, the search for missing Portland woman Lisa Wright continued four days after some of her belongings mysteriously turned up on the St. John's bridge.

Caitlin Rademaeker has known Wright for about 10 years and is a family friend. The two chatted on the phone Monday and by Wednesday, Wright was officially missing.
    http://www.katu.com/news/local/Famil....html?mobile=y

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Family, friends of missing Portland woman continue search

Are we allowed to link to Reddit? I'm not sure of the rules regarding that or regarding posting this, so please let me know if I'm not allowed to reference this, but I found a post about her on that site where a user that is asking for help in finding/searching for her and claims to be her boyfriend stated that the personal items they found of hers at the bridge are a pack of cigs, hoodie, shoes, glasses and her phone. Shoes and glasses doesn't sound good.. Idk.

It's kind of strange that it's been several days and I've seen zero updates about this or searches going on for her... Weird to me. In other missing persons cases where someone just disappears like this it seems like its everywhere and more of a sense of urgency in searching? Or maybe they are just keeping super quiet about the searches.. Idk. I have read in several articles that she has no history of mental illness, was not depressed and had no reason to do any harm to herself. This is so strange. Again I hope I did not break any rules by posting what I found on the other site, please let me know if I need to edit this. Praying she is found safe very soon!!

Trex, if you click on the triangle with the exclamation point at the bottom left corner of your post, you can ask a moderator.

I know you can't link to reddit as it is not considered mainstream media. I think how you paraphrased what you saw on that site would be considered rumor here. But the mods can give you a more thorough answer.

Welcome to Chellomander and thanks for that great post giving sleuthers an idea of the area around Linton and the St. John's Bridge. I live across the river and know that bridge and NoPo/Linnton pretty well. The thing that sticks out to me is how narrow the roads are that go from Hwy 30 up to the bridge. I wouldn't want to be walking up either of those roads at night.
    Last edited by La Louve; 09-15-2015 at 02:01 AM.

The Whitney Heichel Memorial Garden
    Bringing "beauty and light into a place where
    there once was so much darkness"
    (Sasquatch, Websleuths member).

"In joy or sadness flowers are our constant friends.
    ― Kakuzō Okakura, The Book Of Tea

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    At around midnight, a pile of her things (including a cell phone and glasses) were found mid-span on the north side of St Johns Bridge.

The river patrol searched the water below the bridge but nothing turned up. Investigators say there also were no reports of jumpers that evening.

I don't know what was going on inside this lady's head, but I have a pretty good idea where she ended up.

BTW Los2188---the answer is 4. (if there are 6 apples and you take away 4, how many do you have ? )
    Last edited by steelman; 09-15-2015 at 06:49 AM. Reason: answered los2188 question

Quote Originally Posted by steelman View Post

I don't know what was going on inside this lady's head, but I have a pretty good idea where she ended up.

BTW Los2188---the answer is 4. (if there are 6 apples and you take away 4, how many do you have ? )
    Thank you for answering Los' question. I kept thinking 2 but knew it was a trick question. (When my eyes see numbers, my brain runs and hides.)

http://koin.com/2015/09/15/workers-s...lamette-river/

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — The body of a woman was spotted in the Willamette River by a construction crew on the St. Johns Bridge, Portland Fire & Rescue said.
    The medical examiner has been notified.
    No other information is available at this time.

Not liking how this is sounding

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast