Verified Insider
Reaction score
AR-150909802.jpg

Kendra Hatcher was 35

Dallas dentist, a Pleasant Plains High School graduate, shot and killed
By Jason Nevel, Staff Writer - The State Journal-Register
Posted Sep. 3, 2015 at 6:40 PM Updated Sep 3, 2015 at 10:41 PM

[...]
"The detectives called and told us they thought it was her, but we were still holding out hope it wasn't going to be her," Sato said. "Since we found out (late Thursday afternoon), it's brought on another wave of shock and sadness."
Coworkers: Murdered dentist was vibrant, friendly
Carla Wade, WFAA
3:45 p.m. CDT September 4, 2015

[...]
"Kendra had so much to give, and we are so thankful her 35 years were lived to the fullest. We will miss Kendra tremendously, especially her laugh and smiles," the family said. "But we cannot fully mourn and celebrate her life until the authorities apprehend the person(s) responsible for committing this senseless act."

CRYSTAL CORTES ARREST WARRANT

TX - Kendra Hatcher, Dallas, 02 Sept 2015 - Media & Timeline Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1

Brother: Crystal Cortes 'taking the fall' for doctor's murder
Rebecca Lopez, WFAA
5:30 p.m. CDT September 9, 2015

[...]
But Cortes' brother says his sister was talked into doing this by one of her girlfriends.

"Basically right now, my sister is kind of taking the fall for it," Angel Fuentes said.

"Crystal was telling me that her friend just got out of a bad relationship," Fuentes said.
The article goes on to say that according to Cortes' brother, the two women were very close. The ex-gf gave his sister gifts and even offered to buy her a car.

The ex-gf's name is still being withheld, and police say they cannot comment on her or the search warrants.

Video at the link

A week after dentist slain in Uptown, family grieves while Dallas police chase leads
Naomi Martin The Dallas Morning News
Published: September 9, 2015 2:53 pm

[...]
“Kendra had so much to give, and we are so thankful her 35 years were lived to the fullest,” her family said. “We will miss Kendra tremendously, especially her laugh and smiles. “But we cannot fully mourn and celebrate her life until the authorities apprehend the person(s) responsible for committing this senseless act.”

[...]
Ashford said after meeting with Cortes that his client’s “connection with the ex-girlfriend is not very strong and I don’t think she has much connection with anybody else involved.”

“She’s really only known her a relatively short period of time and I don’t think she had any idea the nature of the (ex-girlfriend’s) relationship with the guy,” he said.

[...]
“She had no idea that it was going to hit this level,” Ashford said.
Ashford said Cortes “is trying to work with the police so that they can get everybody else who was involved arrested.”

[...]
“We’re trying to put everything together and all the pieces and all the individuals who may have played a part,” [Major Max] Geron said. “We’re working to identify them and define their roles and put the case together in its totality.”

I imagine CC's attorney has encouraged her to cooperate with LE in hopes that it will go better for her. Right now, it's as bad as it can get. She has nothing to lose by cooperating.

JMO

Angel Fuentes posted on the WFAA Facebook that only "half' of the story was being told. But then no more posts.

IMO, it is sounding more and more like the ex was the mastermind and grand puppeteer. CC's family stated that she had been spending time with a new group of friends, and now CCs lawyer is stating that CC had not know the ex very long. I personally do not believe that CC knew a murder was about to take place. I think the ex manipulated her into this. The ex is the only one who had a solid motive. CC may have been desperate enough financially to do just about anything anyone asked of her for money, murder not included.

ok, I worked on the photo I had posted last night and started seeing something totally different, so I tried a different surveillance photo of the vehicle as it was leaving the parking garage and this one seems to be a little clearer and I sent this to IWatch.Net Dallas as well already. This one appears to show a *female* in the passenger seat.

Women in vehicle.jpg

The above photo was taken from this news surveillance photo:

Untitled6.jpg

IMO, it is sounding more and more like the ex was the mastermind and grand puppeteer. CC's family stated that she had been spending time with a new group of friends, and now CCs lawyer is stating that CC had not know the ex very long. I personally do not believe that CC knew a murder was about to take place. I think the ex manipulated her into this. The ex is the only one who had a solid motive. CC may have been desperate enough financially to do just about anything anyone asked of her for money, murder not included.

Here's where it could get messy: if the driver is the EX ( as some of us suspect from the picture) and the shooter turns out to be CC...who panicked.

ok, I worked on the photo I had posted last night and started seeing something totally different, so I tried a different surveillance photo of the vehicle as it was leaving the parking garage and this one seems to be a little clearer and I sent this to IWatch.Net Dallas as well already. This one appears to show a *female* in the passenger seat.

attachment.php

attachment.php

OMG...I see the woman in the passenger seat. Maybe CC is in the passenger seat and BD is driving?

View attachment 81211

View attachment 81217

I kind of see what you're talking about. Maybe that is someone sitting there.

I think CC is the one behind the wheel. I know that's not the popular opinion, but it looks like her to me.

View attachment 81211

View attachment 81217

Good work Mrs PC. Thank you!

Bessie. The suspect name is in the search warrants. So why is she still off limits.

Wish we could figure out from the pix which one might be wearing a hoodie. Thought that was part of the "dad" witness statement.
Do we know that there isn't actual video available to LE? IOW are there known to only be cameras that take photos?
jmo

I wonder if Kendra recognized them and they panicked and shot her?

I kind of see what you're talking about. Maybe that is someone sitting there.

I think CC is the one behind the wheel. I know that's not the popular opinion, but it looks like her to me.

I agree - I think CC is the driver. I know there is another better picture of her in the driver seat - I'll try to locate that.

View attachment 81211

View attachment 81217

If that's a female in the passenger seat where's her body?

You can tell that it's the reflection of her in the passenger window. It looks slanted because of the angle. But the passenger would be to far pass the window. If there was a passenger in that photo they would be more aligned with the driver in that pic. Jmo.

Per NG tonight, security in that high end parking garage consists of one camera at the drive in and one at the elevator. Seems I read there was a security guard too. If there was where was the guard when this went down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82