937 users online (184 members and 753 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

LA - John Elrod, 11, Gretna, 9 September 2015

John Elrod

11-year-old takes cab to Superdome, goes missing
    "An 11-year-old boy has gone missing after taking a cab Wednesday from Gretna to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

John Elrod, 11, was last seen around 6:30 a.m.
    Elrod apparently "summoned a taxi" at his home in the 300 block of Westmeade Drive, according to the JPSO, and the cab driver told deputies he asked to be dropped off near the Champions Square area."

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/crim...sing/71975216/
    Last edited by los2188; 09-09-2015 at 09:28 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Wait......So a cab driver took an 11 year old to the Super Dome? Do cab drivers usually drive children unaccompanied by an adult?

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ohn_elrod.html. This is crazy that a cab would drop a 11 year old off in the middle of the city. I wonder if the cab driver ask where and what his plans were?

Maybe free range parenting???

They are searching hard for him. My friends husband works for police department and he said they have all uniforms out looking. I hope he wasn't meet by someone online... to many crazy people out there!

I know the super dome and champion square is loaded with cameras. I was just trying to find family on facebook but nothing. All reports say is last seen leaving his home... not by who? Not who reported him missing nothing. I volunteer in a group called operation louisana found safe and was trying to locate family to offer our services but can't find any? Was hoping you wonderful sleuthers could help.

Is it normal for reports not to say who reported him missing and by who is was last seen?

Ok never mind. The police department gave me there info and I spoke with mom and our group is helping out. 11 is just way to young to be on the streets of new orleans at night alone!

I hope he is found safe. My husband does construction downtown and he was working at Benson Towers a couple of weeks ago. He's at One Shell Square now but I'll tell him to keep an eye out as he's got a bit of a walk to his parking from there. We're both grown adults who've worked on and around Bourbon St but neither of us go to NOLA anymore unless we absolutely have to... It's just been out-of-control. Praying for this little man....
    fighting for justice, hope and strength

Purchase an autographed copy of my friend, John DeSantis's book,
    "The Thibodaux Massacre"
    about the slaughter of innocent black
    sugar cane workers and their families

by law enforcement in 1887 by clicking here.

Quote Originally Posted by gnsndr33 View Post
    Ok never mind. The police department gave me there info and I spoke with mom and our group is helping out. 11 is just way to young to be on the streets of new orleans at night alone!
    gnsndr33, Thank you so much for helping the Elrod family find their son. Being of service in this way is a wonderful gift to Johns family. Please be safe John!!

Champion Square is an outdoor area where concerts are held, next to the Superdome in the Central Business District of the city. It is desolate at night unless there is a concert letting out. A child walking alone in that area during the day would be noticed as it is full of people going to and from their offices, etc. There are homeless people who sleep under the overpass a few blocks towards the river, a few homeless shelters, a mission, some soup kitchens, a bus station. Many sleep on the streets of the French Quarter, on the river front, in Armstrong Park but again a child would be noticed unless he has been taken into a group of the street grunge types. Unless he has money to spend, he will have to beg for food which is done outside of restaurants and the few neighborhood grocery stores. He really should not be hard to locate, the street people all know each other. Foul play is VERY unlikely.

Is there a better photo of him somewhere? I can go look for him tomorrow and Friday but doubt I would recognize him from that picture and if he is in the Quarter it is crowded and he would blend with tourist groups.

He will be okay. I have a good feeling about this one.

Wow this sounds so crazy.
    That area seems very shady at night.
    I hope the right person finds him and gets him back where he belongs.

"Boy, you better straighten up before I take out your eyes and look at your brain to see what's wrong with you."

JPSO confirmed that Elrod had been found around 7 a.m. Thursday.

It's not clear why the boy took the cab to the stadium, and deputies haven't released any further information.

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/crim...sing/71975216/

I just read on the local news fb that he was found.
    Not sure how to share here though.

"Boy, you better straighten up before I take out your eyes and look at your brain to see what's wrong with you."

Missing 11-year-old Jefferson Parish boy found in New Orleans East
    http://www.fox8live.com/story/299987...w-orleans-east
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast