1136 users online (285 members and 851 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2015.09.09 Extradition of CWW from MO to FL

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/ca...archDockets.do

ST V CURTIS WAYNE WRIGHT JR (E-CASE)

9/01/2015

Entry of Appearance Filed
    Filed By: DARIS CLINTON ALMOND Jr.

Motion to Request Disclosure

Motion to Set Bond

9/03/2015

Motion Hearing Scheduled

Scheduled for 9/15/2015; 9 a.m.
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

--CWW's attorney:

http://almondandbradypc.com/attorney/2744771

Daris C. Almond Jr.

Attorney Daris Almond was born in St. Louis, Missouri and has over 8 years of trial experience. He graduated from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale in 1999 with a B.S. in business/economics and obtained his J.D. in 2002. He was admitted to the Missouri bar in 2002. Attorney Daris Almond is a member of the Jefferson County Bar Association, the Missouri Bar, the Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association. He practices in Jefferson, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, St. Louis, and Washington Counties, as well as the city of St. Louis.
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

Gov. Scott signs Wright extradition application
    Posted: Sep 09, 2015 5:16 PM CST
    http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29994676/...n#.VfCyaBBiLN4

It got all the way to Scott because Wright will not waive extradition, meaning he won't leave a Missouri jail without a fight.

So 9/15 is a motions hearing and 9/30 is an extradition hearing.

I wonder if the extradition order signed by Governor Scott expedites the process at all? Or is the 9/30 hearing still the next step in the extradition process?

Is it me or is the extradition process in America one of the stupidest things for people being charged with murder.

Why does this process take place between the different states involved when it comes to a bonified murder charge.

When was the last time that extradition has been denied within the United States. It's not like the defendant is a foreigner who resides in a foreign country.

So why let the defendant have the right to drag it out. If your lawyer is local then that's one thing. But you still shouldn't be allowed to petition extradition when you commit a crime in another state. Jmo.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

My guess is differing philosophies on the death penalty in the different states, maybe.
    I have no idea if they're ever denied so I'd agree on that point if they're not. I'm getting an education on Florida's judicial processes so I'm sure I'm going to learn the answer to that, in time, too.

Why the (Perceived) Obstacle/Delay w Extradition?

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    Is it me or is the extradition process in America one of the stupidest things for people being charged with murder.
    Why does this process take place between the different states involved when it comes to a bonified murder charge.
    When was the last time that extradition has been denied within the United States. It's not like the defendant is a foreigner who resides in a foreign country.
    So why let the defendant have the right to drag it out. If your lawyer is local then that's one thing. But you still shouldn't be allowed to petition extradition when you commit a crime in another state. Jmo.
    bbm Maybe this will help some ppl in understanding extradition from one US state to another.
    "In order for a person to be extradited interstate, 18 U.S.C.§ 3182 requires:" [for laundry list, pls see link below]

"There are only four grounds upon which the Governor of the asylum state may deny another state’s request for extradition: (1) the extradition documents facially are not in order; (2) the person has not been charged with a crime in the demanding state; (3) the person is not the person named in the extradition documents; or (4) the person is not a fugitive.[4] There appears to be at least one additional exception: if the fugitive is under sentence in the asylum state, he need not be extradited until his punishment in the asylum state is completed.[5]"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrad..._United_States

Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    My guess is differing philosophies on the death penalty in the different states, maybe.
    I have no idea if they're ever denied so I'd agree on that point if they're not. I'm getting an education on Florida's judicial processes so I'm sure I'm going to learn the answer to that, in time, too.
    Since he is charged with murder 2. There is no death penalty on the table at the moment.

So imo. This doesn't warrant an excuse for fighting an extradition. Jmo
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Extradition of CWW from MO to FL

Extradition order signed by Gov Rick Scott. More info to come when CWW gets to Florida per last night's interview.

http://www.news-press.com/story/news...pect/71975450/

Time

It might just have to do with gaining time: The time CWW gets to Florida and the release of his 11 page arrest warrant/ preliminary case file ( as Sheriff Mike Scott pointed out in his interview last night) may not be in someone else's interest. It would provide additional time for another party (unsub/s) to deal with possibly implicating evidence i.e. evidence regarding CWW or regarding the UNSUB (unknown subject).

Just my opinion (JMO)

-Nin
    If the key does not fit, it's the wrong key.

Since he is charged with murder 2. There is no death penalty on the table at the moment.

So imo. This doesn't warrant an excuse for fighting an extradition. Jmo
    Yet is all I can add to that. Criminals seem to be well read in criminal laws and in this particular state, that would include the grand jury process for indicting on first degree murder charges. So I think any delay is a good delay for someone guilty of this crime in the State of Florida, knowing what lies ahead.

I wish we did. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yet is all I can add to that. Criminals seem to be well read in criminal laws and in this particular state, that would include the grand jury process for indicting on first degree murder charges. So I think any delay is a good delay for someone guilty of this crime in the State of Florida, knowing what lies ahead.

I wish we did. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Criminals perhaps never think about how we at Websleuths love to have crimes happening in Florida because of the Sunshine Law there

Using talk to text with lots of grammar errors !

Fighting extradition is usually just a delay tactic, a way for prisoners to thumb their nose at authority. Whilst in his home state his wife and friends can visit easily, a man is soon alone when people have to make a loooooong round trip to come see you.

Lawyers just get a few extra weeks before travel expense forms become cumbersome.

Gov. Scott signs Wright extradition application
    Posted: Sep 09, 2015 5:16 PM CST
    http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29994676/...n#.VfCyaBBiLN4
    It got all the way to Scott because Wright will not waive extradition, meaning he won't leave a Missouri jail without a fight.

The irony of the statement above is not lost on me. Who launches a legal fights to stay "in" a Missouri jail?
    http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/u...-DeMuth-Jr.jpg

What about JR? Wouldnt the sunshine law kick in when he got to FL also?

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast