Masked victim says she thought woman was a man for 2 years

zwiebel

Reaction score
A former student in Chester, UK says a college girlfriend pretended to be a man for two years by persuading her to wear a blindfold and mask throughout their relationship.

Gayle Newman, now 25, who is accused of sexual assault, is said to have set up a Facebook aged 13 where she posed as a young man named Kyle Fortune in order to flirt with girls. Prosecutors say that after Gayle befriended the victim at college, she then made FB contact as Kyle, told the victim she'd had a terrible accident and persuaded her to wear a blindfold each time they met. Newman disguised the fact she was a female by binding her chest, wearing a swimsuit and using a prosthetic during sex, a court has heard.

The victim says she only discovered boyfriend Kyle was her friend Gail after she decided to take off her mask one day. Surveillance video does catch the victim running away from the apartment after the revelation but Newman denies the charges and maintains the victim was always aware she is a woman.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-man-knew-girl-insists-alleged-attacker.html

This story sounds quite unlikely either way... if the victim is telling the truth she must be the least curious person on earth to agree to wear a mask and never take a peek or explore by touch enough to figure out there's no huge accidental damage and the penis is a fake. Unless the alleged accident was penis-related? Never recognized her friend's voice? Never noticed the chest bindings or took off her man's hat during sex? Who would agree to wear a blindfold for two years of dating? If it's for a sexual game that's one thing but supposedly it was because of some horrible accident. Wouldn't anyone want to see the damage for themselves long before two years are up? Besides being blindfold is kind of awkward and makes you clumsy and you can't go anywhere with your date without attracting lots of notice. Really wouldn't you think something is up if your date wants you to wear blindfold every time?

If the defendant is telling the truth, it's odd as well... how did the alleged victim come up with this story? Wasn't she terribly embarrassed to explain all this (because it casts her as quite naive somehow?)

Newland also texted the complainant: 'I am sorry I said lies to hide lies but I did not lie about everything. It was me and still is.'

I guess that takes some explaining.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-insists-alleged-attacker.html#ixzz3lR28l1vw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-female-friend-sex-GUILTY-sexual-assault.html

guilty verdict
The complainant told the court: 'Every time I met up with Kye Fortune I either had the mask on already or he would wait outside the door and I would put it on.

'I was so desperate to be loved. It's pathetic, so desperate for love, so desperate.

'We were just lying there, just cuddling, sometimes we would watch films, sometimes we would just talk. It sounds stupid to say but it was a proper relationship, just normal.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-sex-GUILTY-sexual-assault.html#ixzz3lqewJkP1

But whaaaat?? How did she watch films with Kye while wearing a blindfold???

I realize she is a victim so to speak,but could she be in denial of her feelings?

The 'victims' story sounds bogus to me. I think the sexual assault accusations are bogus.

"A 25-year-old woman accused of sexually assaulting her female friend using a prosthetic penis today told a court that her alleged victim 'knew from the get-go' that she was sleeping with a girl....

Newland, of Willaston, Cheshire, denies five counts of sexual assault between February and June, 2013.

Today Newland, who has identified as a lesbian since primary school, told the court that she and the alleged victim were engaging in role play and fantasy as they struggled to accept their sexuality.
She said she had invented 'Kye' when she was 13 as a way to speak to girls. She later created 'his' Facebook profile, using photos taken from an American man's social media page.
But she said she explained the fake profile to the defendant, who played along with her online persona"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-female-friend-sex-GUILTY-sexual-assault.html

guilty verdict

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-sex-GUILTY-sexual-assault.html#ixzz3lqewJkP1

But whaaaat?? How did she watch films with Kye while wearing a blindfold???

GUILTY??? I can't believe they found her GUILTY. What a crock.

Are we supposed to believe this 'victim' wore a blindfold for two years? And this is supposed to be someone else's fault?

Another example of phony sexual assault accusations, imo.

I can't believe they gave a guilty verdict either. Unbelievable. For 2 years she didn't realize this was a woman? I can not believe this. I agree she was probably ashamed of her sexuality and eventually just couldn't take it any more. And fine. But don't call it sexual assault after the fact. I'm seriously so angry that they could find her guilty. EVEN IF Kye tried to hide being a girl (never letting her see her during sex, never letting her touch her, never letting her see her naked, etc...) all those behaviors would not keep me in a relationship with someone for 2 years. What kind of relationship was this? I can see being fooled for a night or a few weeks or something, but 2 years????? It's literally preposterous. The whole thing is just weird, granted, but the the guilty verdict is outrageous.,

There has to be more to this than the media is reporting.

Am I still on the planet Earth? If the first part of the story isn't bizarre enough, the jury finding her guilty is insane. And, I thought at my age I had heard it all.

They were said to have spent more than 100 hours together and the encounters would include the complainant wearing a blindfold while they watched television and even when sunbathing.

Dutton said: “To successfully pass off a deception of this complexity was a major undertaking, involving dedicated mobile phone lines as well as regular texts from you purporting to be Kye’s relatives

I still don't understand how the victim could watch television while wearing a blindfold but it sounds like "Kye" left quite an elaborate electronic trail as proof of her deception.

I'm glad there's a thread for this already, and I'm glad it's in the 'bizarre news' section!

I've just read that Gayle Newlands conviction (she got 8 years last November for impersonation) has been oveturned on appeal. This was a really odd case:

A woman jailed for eight years for allegedly duping her friend into believing she was a man and having sex with her using a prosthetic penis has had her conviction quashed. Jurors at Chester Crown Court previously heard how Newland took on an alter-ego, 'Kye Fortune', and disguised her gender. Newland, a marketing manager from Willaston, Neston, claimed that her accuser always knew she was a woman, and that her disguise was part of a sex game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3834475/Woman-pretended-man-sex-victim-wins-appeal.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back