IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
MANHUNT UNDERWAY IN FOX LAKE
http://abc7chicago.com/news/manhunt-underway-in-fox-lake/965033/

FOX LAKE, Ill. (WLS) -- A manhunt is underway in far north suburban Fox Lake. Police said they are looking for two men who should be considered armed and dangerous.

A law enforcement source said a Fox Lake police officer has been shot and killed.

Initially, police said someone was shot near an old cement plant in the 100-block of Honing Road. Officers were seen searching a wooded area near the scene for several hours Tuesday morning. Canine units were brought in from various jurisdictions, including McHenry County.

Rollins Road is closed from Route 59 to Grand Avenue. Investigators also blocked off part of the frontage road leading to U.S. 12.

Metra officials said the tracks near the Ingleside station are closed to southbound traffic. The next inbound Milwaukee District North train is not scheduled to pass through the area until 10:45 a.m.

Grant Community High School is on hard lockdown. Superintendent Christy Sefcik said the school went on lockdown around 8:30 a.m. She said all students and staff are being kept away from exterior glass and out of view.
Scanner Thread

Thread #1

It's possible that this was a planned suicide to allow the most benefits to the family. Some reports stated he was depressed. And the coroner is not ruling out anything at the moment which made officers mad.

They said 3 men had been cleared in other articles. Plus the communication right before was very vague. So I'm still on the fence about a quick ambush with no motive at the moment. Jmo.

Btw. He could have arranged to have someone he knew to meet him there to assist in anyway while the apb would be on the lookout for 3 guys.

This would help the assistant to have a easier get a way.
Jmo

It's possible that this was a planned suicide to allow the most benefits to the family. Some reports stated he was depressed. And the coroner is not ruling out anything at the moment which made officers mad.

They said 3 men had been cleared in other articles. Plus the communication right before was very vague. So I'm still on the fence about a quick ambush with no motive at the moment. Jmo.

I must have missed the reports of him being depressed. The more I keep thinking about this, suicide is starting to now seem likely.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/0...nvestigation-lt-charles-joe-gliniewicz-death/

Three individuals seen on security footage around the time Gliniewicz was killed lin Fox Lake, and who were seen near the area he was found dead, have been ruled out as suspects. The trio fit the description of three people Gliniewicz said he was chasing during his last radio transmission – one black male and two white males.

Hopefully the dna on him will bring out the who.

Any MSM reports of him being depressed? JMO

Any MSM reports of him being depressed? JMO

Not that I've come across in MSM. Some conjecture or what seems like filling in the gaps speculation about his conversation with the Mayor about continuity, before that morning, not in MSM, though.

I wonder if media will keep following up on this case? I hope this isn't the part where we hear nothing for who knows how long if at all. I think eventually it will come out that it was Lt.Gliniewicz's own gun that was used, but I think that's about all we will hear if even that. I wonder when the Coroner will make his ruling and how long can he hold out from making one? I do wonder if it was suicide will it be kept quiet or will it be reported? Just some of the questions I have and JMO.

This just in!
http://m.nwherald.com/2015/09/13/fo...ls-in-fox-lake-officer-shooting-case/awgyltm/

An Oak Lawn man and former Chicago police officer has been arrested after allegedly making threats to harm those involved in the death investigation of Fox Lake Police Lt. Joe Gliniewicz, the Lake County Sheriff's Office said Sunday.

Joseph A. Battaglia, 54, of the 5600 block of West 103rd Street in Oak Lawn, is accused of calling Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd's office about 2 p.m. Friday and threatening to harm him, Lake County Major Crime Task Force Cmdr. George Filenko, and all other investigators working the case, officials said.

Using a blocked telephone number, he allegedly threatened to do harm unless Gliniewicz's death is declared a suicide, according to a new release from the Lake County Sheriff's Office.

He is demanding that the death be ruled a suicide. Sounds like he had a hand in the murder.....

His court date according to the article is :

Battaglia is being held at the Lake County Jail on a $100,000 bond. His next court date has been set for 9 a.m. Sept. 15 in courtroom C-120.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...e-police-shooting-threats-20150913-story.html

"Former Chicago police officer Joseph Battaglia of southwest suburban Oak Lawn was charged Sunday with two counts of disorderly conduct for threatening to harm two key officials investigating the death of Fox Lake police officer Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz, officials said. Battaglia described himself as a retired police officer. He was denied a public defender because of his police pension, the judge said.

Battaglia allegedly threatened to harm Rudd and Filenko unless they declare Gliniewicz's death a suicide."

<Snip>

"The 54-year-old Battaglia, who is being held in the Lake County Jail after being assigned a $100,000 bond, is accused of calling Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd's office Friday and threatening Rudd and George Filenko, who heads the Lake County Major Crimes Task Force, officials said."

<Snip>

"According to the release, Battaglia had not been involved at all with the Gliniewicz investigation.

The release went on to say that Battaglia had made calls to other police agencies and to media outlets over the last several days but did not say what those phone calls involved. The sheriff's office is continuing to investigate and further charges are possible, the release said."

Photo and more at link. If you can't read this by clicking on link, just google Joseph A. Battaglia, 54

He is demanding that the death be ruled a suicide. Sounds like he had a hand in the murder.....

Or maybe he is truly mad that they all know but are trying to save face while other cops are truly victims.

Maybe he feels that the send off wouldn't have been that big if it was deemed an automatic suicide. Idk. But looking forward to why would a LE strongly voice this opinion.

But I doubt he did it to cover up any personal involvement.

I wonder if media will keep following up on this case? I hope this isn't the part where we hear nothing for who knows how long if at all. I think eventually it will come out that it was Lt.Gliniewicz's own gun that was used, but I think that's about all we will hear if even that. I wonder when the Coroner will make his ruling and how long can he hold out from making one? I do wonder if it was suicide will it be kept quiet or will it be reported? Just some of the questions I have and JMO.
The media was in front of the Police Department yesterday when I drove by it. NBC and ABC was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah