1200 users online (165 members and 1035 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Finland - Nela Saglenova Utkina , 27, Helsinki, 8 Sep 2015

In Finland, we have missing a woman name Nela Utkina. She's been missing for five days. Here is the video where his newly wed husband talks to media.
    What do you people who are good to analyze behavior and talk think about did he did it or not? Circumstances of her dissapearanse are odd and strange. In Finnish crime forum case divides people quite even on innocent/guilty camps.
    They live in Finland but man in video speaks english. Link below. Don't worry, MTV is big and respected news channel in Finland, no viruses.
    http://www.mtv.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/ar...olesta/5308042

UP!!!

Sorry but I can't get the video to play. I'd love to watch his explanation but when I click the arrow nothing happens.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Could they have a system, that it won't play outside Finland. Let me check if I can find a way around it. Too bad I'm not very good with computers.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2015...39052_uu.shtml
    Here is a different interview. Does this work? Finnish news channel also.

Yes, that link worked. I don't know what to think though. He seems truthful, MAYBE?

Was he the last person seen with her ?

Not quite enough video of his face while speaking and the fact that English is not his first language makes me believe that he has to think of the words to use, so his eye movement may not be a relevant indicator.

Where was she last seen and by whom? Anything missing like her purse, cell phone, car or house keys?

I don't know if I'm comfortable enough to break the case due to my bad english and I might also forget facts and I'm definetely biased.
    And you have to remeber that Finnish media is sooo terrible at these these things compared to American one. Basically we only have husbands version of events and it's strange imo.

http://www.katsomo.fi/#!/jakso/519332?toista
    Here is the same video as opening post. Working, ideas?

27-vuotias tsekkinainen katosi tiistaina Helsingin Malminkartanossa.
    http://www.mtv.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/ar...iestin/5306640

http://translate.google.com/translat...stin%2F5306640
    Translated by Google
    27-year-old Czech woman disappeared on Tuesday in Helsinki.

Last observation Nela Utkinasta was made ​​Tuesday morning, September 8, Malminkartano. Utkinan was supposed to go to work, but he was half past eight in her employer sent a text message that goes to the doctor because of headaches. After this, he has not been heard nothing.

It is not known where Utkina was sending a message. The phone gave the last signal of Espoo and Kirkkonummi border.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaTime View Post
    Not quite enough video of his face while speaking and the fact that English is not his first language makes me believe that he has to think of the words to use, so his eye movement may not be a relevant indicator.

Where was she last seen and by whom? Anything missing like her purse, cell phone, car or house keys?
    You said exactly what I was thinking, Teatime.
    It is hard to evaluate because he is speaking haltingly, but probably because he is speaking in English. Also, he said very little factually about what happened. Basically said please 'help us'---but not much info about where we are supposed to look.

Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    27-vuotias tsekkinainen katosi tiistaina Helsingin Malminkartanossa.
    http://www.mtv.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/ar...iestin/5306640

http://translate.google.com/translat...stin%2F5306640
    Translated by Google
    27-year-old Czech woman disappeared on Tuesday in Helsinki.

Last observation Nela Utkinasta was made ​​Tuesday morning, September 8, Malminkartano. Utkinan was supposed to go to work, but he was half past eight in her employer sent a text message that goes to the doctor because of headaches. After this, he has not been heard nothing.

It is not known where Utkina was sending a message. The phone gave the last signal of Espoo and Kirkkonummi border.
    Google translate makes me nuts. LOL

Ok, so let me try and clarify. Nela left for work that morning, but called her boss and said she had headaches and needed to go to the doctor? And that was the last anyone heard from her but her cell pinged on the border somewhere?

No one saw her going to doctor, or leaving their house in the morning. That sighting is not confirmed, propably someone who thought seeing her. And she didn't called the work, she texted. She allegedly didn't wake her new husband at the morning she left to work nor didn't call or text him regarding this headache story. Her cellphone is now located near the landfill area somewhere.
    Last edited by Vegas trouble; 09-14-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaTime View Post
    According to this article, http://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/a1305985210410 she was seen Wednesday morning on her own near her home, the police don't want to say if someone saw her or if it was on camera. She was wearing a black leather jacket and lilac jogging shoes, and she had her grey rucksack with her.

She uses the name Nela Utkina, the female variant of her husband's surname, but legally she's still registered under her maiden name, Nela Saglenova, you can find her under that name on social media.

I tried google translate the article too, but also had problems understanding some of it.

Tell me if this is correct - it looks like they married in Prague only a month ago (translation says "wedding dance")? Then on Tuesday 7 Sept. they went mountain biking and watched TV? And three days prior to that they went to Russia to visit relatives? Just trying to get a sense of the timeline.

And her phone was traced to the landfill? Is the google translation of "landfill" the same meaning, as a place to dump trash? Ugh. I don't like the sound of that.

I also watched the video and one thing that struck me is that at least the husband doesn't seem to go off into over-explaining circumstances, like some interviewees do. Of course that's not enough to base an opinion on, but just something I noticed.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast