Found Deceased MN - Henry McCabe, 31, Mounds View, 7 September 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Henry McCabe
MCCABE-HENRY.jpg

Police seek missing man in Mounds View

"MOUNDS VIEW, Minn. - Mounds View Police are asking for help from the public in locating a father of two and state employee who has been missing for a week.

The family of Henry McCabe, 31, of Mounds View, last saw him Monday, September 7, and he has not been heard from since. He has not shown up for his job at the Minnesota Department of Revenue. His wife and two children were visiting family out of state at the time of his disappearance.

"He was spending time with some friends that he hadn’t seen in a long time, and when I spoke with him they were getting ready to leave," McCabe's wife, Kareen McCabe, told KARE.

Kareen McCabe said she received a call from Henry's phone at 2:23 a.m. that Monday, but it seemed that he had accidentally dialed her number.

"It sounded like he was outside, and that he was walking," Kareen explained. "At the end of the call is sounded like he had maybe been injured. It sounded like he cried out."

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/2015/09/14/police-seek-missing-man--mounds-view/72249370/

henry-mccabe_1442252557754_201628_ver1.0.jpg

http://www.fox9.com/news/19820657-story

From the link above..

"He was headed to a Pov's on 65, a club on Highway 65 in Spring Lake Park, which goes by the name of Club C'est La Vie on Sunday nights."

"One of McCabe's friends reported dropping him off at a Super America convenience story on Highway 65 and 73rd Ave. in Fridley early Monday morning, after they left the Pov's on 65 club. Police are reviewing surveillance footage from that morning to see if they can learn anything."

This doesn't sound good... why would his friend drop him off at a convenience store? Where was his car? Did he live nearby? Could something have happened at the club and the friend is covering?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

From the link above..

"He was headed to a Pov's on 65, a club on Highway 65 in Spring Lake Park, which goes by the name of Club C'est La Vie on Sunday nights."

"One of McCabe's friends reported dropping him off at a Super America convenience story on Highway 65 and 73rd Ave. in Fridley early Monday morning, after they left the Pov's on 65 club. Police are reviewing surveillance footage from that morning to see if they can learn anything."

So how was he supposed to get home from the convenience store ? Was it really close to his home? Just seems odd that his friend didn't drop him off at his home.

It sounds sort of staged, doesn't it ?
Yes. That last phone call...

But I suppose he could have been in trouble, managed to dial, but not been able to speak...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looking at a map, (sorry, not good at tagging maps) it appears the story is he was dropped off at the gas station a couple miles south of POV's bar, on hwy 65, in the opposite direction of his home.

It's possible he wasn't through being out, and another friend was going to pick him up at the gas station and continue the night from there, but this story is not at all clear. The next question after hearing the friend dropped him off should have been "why" and then a careful confirmation that he did that.

I agree with the others that this seems like a staged get-away.

If I try and think why a 'friend' would drop another friend off at a Quik Trip at 2 am and leave him there----one thing pops into my mind---what if the friend was really drunk and impossible to deal with and you just wanted to be done with them before you all got arrested?

If I try and think why a 'friend' would drop another friend off at a Quik Trip at 2 am and leave him there----one thing pops into my mind---what if the friend was really drunk and impossible to deal with and you just wanted to be done with them before you all got arrested?
Or the friend was meeting someone. .. another friend, a lady, a someone selling something. ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't think LE have confirmed that Henry McCabe was dropped off at the Super America. Some articles make it sound like a fact that he was, but I think that is only what one of his friends claims happened. Kare11 is reporting that LE are reviewing surveillance footage.

I am suspicious of the friend who supposedly dropped him off at SA. McCabe hadn't seen the friends he went out with for a long time and people do change over time (I speak from experience!). I'm afraid this was a robbery. His friends would have known that he had a good job and probably made good money. Also, the Google review for POV's 65 indicates that one of the activities offered is poker. I wonder if McCabe played poker and maybe he won money that night.

Considering that McCabe's disappearance might be related to a robbery, I hope that LE also checks surveillance footage at Henry's bank because, if he was kidnapped, the perpetrator may have forced him to withdraw money from his account. Does he have a joint account with his wife? Henry just doesn't sound to me like someone who would desert his family.

His wife talks about his phone dialing her and hearing sounds, first sounding like he was walking outdoors and then, she said, she heard him cry out as though he were injured. Something could have happened to him to cause the phone to accidentally dial his wife ~ e.g., he reached into his pocket to take out his wallet (assuming his phone and wallet were in the same pocket) or he fell to the ground, landing on top of the phone.

I do feel that foul play is involved, but I hope he will be found safe. I felt so bad for his wife in the videos, and to think he has two young daughters who I am sure miss their dad terribly!

<<snipped>>
"It sounded like he was outside, and that he was walking," Kareen explained. "At the end of the call is sounded like he had maybe been injured. It sounded like he cried out."

<<snipped>>
One of McCabe's friends reported dropping him off at a Super America convenience story on Highway 65 and 73rd Ave. in Fridley early Monday morning, after they left the Pov's on 65 club. Police are reviewing surveillance footage from that morning to see if they can learn anything.
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/2015/09/14/police-seek-missing-man--mounds-view/72249370/

Snipped from the article I linked above:

.... members of McCabe's union, the Minnesota Association of Professional Employees, or MAPE, said his dedication makes his disappearance even more unusual. McCabe was very active as a political volunteer with MAPE and served as a former local union president. He was also an advocate active in lobbying for paid parental leave.

He just sounds like a very professional, family and community oriented man. I don't believe he staged his own disappearance. JMO

ETA: BTW, looking at his FB page, it seems his Birthday is today. Hoping it's also the day he returns to his family!

Sorry for all of the posts, but I keep re-reading the most recent article from KARE11 and thinking about the information we're provided. Here is what I find curious:

<<snipped>>
"He was spending time with some friends that he hadn&#8217;t seen in a long time, and when I spoke with him they were getting ready to leave," McCabe's wife, Kareen McCabe, told KARE.

He was headed to a Pov's on 65, a club on Highway 65 in Spring Lake Park, which goes by the name of Club C'est La Vie on Sunday nights.

BBM

I wonder how many friends he was with. From his wife's comment, I gather he went to one of the friends' residence before they went to the club. Maybe he was with 1 or 2 friends then and planned to meet up with other friends at the club, or maybe he had plans with only a couple of friends. Did McCabe even make it to the club? I hope LE check out surveillance from the club to see whether he was there and, if so, whether anything unusual happened. Have bartenders been interviewed?

What is Pov?

And, you don't just drop off a friend, alone, at a convenience store at 2am without knowing why, so the friend has an idea. And if Henry was drunk, a friend would drive him home, not dump him off at a QT to fend for himself.

Something bad happened to Henry. He didn't disappear on his own.

What is Pov?

And, you don't just drop off a friend, alone, at a convenience store at 2am without knowing why, so the friend has an idea. And if Henry was drunk, a friend would drive him home, not dump him off at a QT to fend for himself.

Its a bar http://www.povs65.com/

fox news...
http://fox9.com/
still missing... just verifying by friend that Henry asked to be dropped off at SA that was 3 miles from his home. He wanted to walk.

What is Pov?

Pov's is a bar - one I happened to spend many evenings at.

Pov's is a bar - one I happened to spend many evenings at.

What's the crowd like? Younger, older? Is it more of a dance club, or a sports bar, or pool hall, etc?

I used to live in MN and know the areay fairly well. There is a bus stop on both sides of Hwy 65 and 73rd with a bus that goes downtown but not that time of night. The gas station itself is in a more industrial part of that suburb, kind of out there - really weird place to get dropped off in the middle of the night but it would have been convienient for his friends if they were heading back south on 65. Pov's is short for Povlitzski's on 65, which I have never been to, https://goo.gl/maps/6My5yqdFWB32

I can say that this part of town is really spread out, not necessarily rural, but not heavily developed. A lot of woods and ditches and swathes of wetland. It is possible he walked home from the SA but 3 miles towards mounds view would take a long time, though it would be almost entirely though residential areas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back