Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Deorr Kunz Jr.
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Missing two year old in Lemhi County
Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

Family members say Deorr Kunz Jr. was camping yesterday afternoon at the Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir when he was reported missing.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

There is no official word from yet from The Lemhi County Sheriff's Office or Salmon Search & Rescue of organized searches for the weekend. We'll update search information as it's released.
http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Chief deputy on missing boy's family: 'They're solid
KTVB, KTVB.COM 2:14 p.m. MDT July 16, 2015

[...]
"We've interviewed the family, and the information they've provided us - my office, myself - we're good with that," he said. "And I know there's a lot of innuendo out on social media and a lot of stuff going out there and it would be nice if it would stop and let them have a little peace. They're solid."

NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8Thread #9 Thread #10

Two months later, and I feel like we're still so far from finding him. I hope the FBI report brings new leads or offers closure. Peace, light and happiness, little guy. You deserve them all.

Did JM remember and bring up seeing the staring man at lunch in Leadore before or after this witness reported the incident with her family in Swan Valley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After several weeks of searching, the family enlisted the help of Montpelier-based private detective Frank Vilt. Vilt said there have been several tips about a suspicious man nearby in Leadore and further away in Swan Valley, east of Idaho Falls.

The man is described as being in his 50s and having whitish, gray hair with curls at the bottom. He was driving a new-looking black Jeep Rubicon.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/new-leads-in-missing-deorr-kunz-case/35276162

The woman says that the man was in a new-looking black jeep Rubicon similar to this one:

download (3).jpg[SUB][/SUB]

This is the part i don't get. A witness says she saw a man with a child matching DeOrr's description. The baby was crying and the man was buying him candy.

But the parents do not focus on this at all. They instead try to discount it as being either not DeOrr, or the clerk had the wrong time.

But their child is missing and they think someone kidnapped him. So why in the heck would they not assume that this sighting was real and it was ANOTHER man, not DeOrr sr, with DeOrr jr at the store around 6pm?

Why not beg that person who was spotted with a child to come forward? Gaaaahhh this drives me nuts.

Now if he was abducted and hysterically crying, it would make sense for the abductor to stop and buy him candy in order to calm him down.

I do sometimes wonder if he was sold in an illegal adoption scheme. If so, the camping with senile grandpa and his 'friend' who the parents had never met before seems like it could go along with the plan.

The body language and word choices from the father really makes me feel uncomfortable....

It could be that the police already had this info and kept it quiet, but the PI has just found out about it and has decided to make it public.

I may be wrong but I'd guess that there aren't that many people driving newer black 4-door Jeep Rubicons with hard tops in southeast Idaho. I'm in southwest Idaho (which has a much larger population) and they're not a super common vehicle here. I mean, yes, you see them, but they aren't all over the place. It wasn't mentioned if the vehicle has Idaho plates or is from out of state, though. However, none of this is ever aired anywhere except for Idaho Falls. (Still nothing on any Boise news stations or newspapers).

Are they setting someone up? Is there really is a person out there that fits this description? Why is my first instinct to feel sorry for this man being drug into this drama, rather than to think there's a kidnapper on the loose? I'm having a hard time taking this seriously. If it was legitimate, wouldn't it make the news at least in Boise?

Poor baby. I wish LE or the FBI would take control of all this nonsense. MOO.

ETA: I stand corrected. One Boise news station has posted the story: http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2015/09/15/deorr-kunz-missing-lead/72298848/

It could be that the police already had this info and kept it quiet, but the PI has just found out about it and has decided to make it public.

That may be, but if that's the case, the police need to get on board and back it up. If the police gave a statement that supported the lead, it would certainly make it more legitimate in most people's minds. MOO.

I wish they would have interviewed the husband .... that woman was just way too wrapped up in her own personal emotionalism's .

If this man (new suspect) abducted DeOrr ... I doubt he would be acting so suspicious in public the following week

That whole area was a hotbed of news about the search for DeOrr and rumors of a possible child snatcher.

And if he creeped out the husband 12 different ways , why did she wave at him at the ice cream place ??? I would be writing down license numbers. Or had they not heard about DeOrr yet during those previous 8 days.

I will say this much , if the guy purposely followed the family to the ice cream place , THAT is completely weird and suspicious .

This is the part i don't get. A witness says she saw a man with a child matching DeOrr's description. The baby was crying and the man was buying him candy.

But the parents do not focus on this at all. They instead try to discount it as being either not DeOrr, or the clerk had the wrong time.

But their child is missing and they think someone kidnapped him. So why in the heck would they not assume that this sighting was real and it was ANOTHER man, not DeOrr sr, with DeOrr jr at the store around 6pm?

Why not beg that person who was spotted with a child to come forward? Gaaaahhh this drives me nuts.

Now if he was abducted and hysterically crying, it would make sense for the abductor to stop and buy him candy in order to calm him down. <<<snip>>>>....

You make some good points bakerlady .... they are very thought provoking

Desert-Blue .... your post # 10 ... I certainly agree with you , the rarity of the Rubicon Vehicle with a 50ish blond curly haired driver ...... methinks he himself will come forward to explain himself .... or someone who knows him will call it in.

I dont know about you , but I always notice out-of-state license plates so hopefully the witness did too .... cant be that many black Rubicons registered within the three surrounding states.

Here's hoping .....

<modsnip>

I wonder how often a PI ever really "cracks a case"? The lady who came forward may be telling the truth. There may have been some weirdo staring at her family.. and if he DID follow them, that is troubling. All that being said, what do we have? A 50ish man with white/gray hair that curls at the end, driving a Rubicon. IMO, the police should be all over this and the PI should be reporting this pronto. At this point it seems that LE has NOTHING and has ruled out everything.. or just about ruled it all out. I do not think LE is in a position to just say "he wasnt abducted". yes, it is all vague.. but that's how arrests are made.. one clue at a time. LE needs to follow up! JMO

I wonder if there actually is a real person that fits this description or if the whole thing is imaginary?

I agree that if there is a real person, his life is about to get interesting, for lack of a better word... I think (hope) most people have the sense to see through this charade (based on FB comments, it appears that way). His best bet may be to go to LE and have them clear him of any wrong-doing (I am making a leap here and assuming he did not kidnap Deorr, which is my opinion only) followed by a public statement from LE saying that they know who the person is and he was not involved in Deorr's disappearance.

I wonder how often a PI ever really "cracks a case"? The lady who came forward may be telling the truth. There may have been some weirdo staring at her family.. and if he DID follow them, that is troubling. All that being said, what do we have? A 50ish man with white/gray hair that curls at the end, driving a Rubicon. IMO, the police should be all over this and the PI should be reporting this pronto. At this point it seems that LE has NOTHING and has ruled out everything.. or just about ruled it all out. I do not think LE is in a position to just say "he wasnt abducted". yes, it is all vague.. but that's how arrests are made.. one clue at a time. LE needs to follow up! JMO

I disagree. There is absolutely nothing that the woman said that is useful information. It also happened nowhere near where Deorr went missing. She also came forward right after the reward is posted. I do not think LE should waste their time or resources. Should they start a huge manhunt for this man who has done nothing? The family can pay for it themselves if they want this guy tracked down and investigated.

my biggest issue is..... why wait 2 months to say anything? Now the family is going to take this and run with it.

I feel sorry for whoever this person is.

jmo

Now if he was abducted and hysterically crying, it would make sense for the abductor to stop and buy him candy in order to calm him down.

I do sometimes wonder if he was sold in an illegal adoption scheme. If so, the camping with senile grandpa and his 'friend' who the parents had never met before seems like it could go along with the plan.

The body language and word choices from the father really makes me feel uncomfortable....

I also wondered why the parents weren't more focused on that 6PM sighting if they believe an abduction took place. But since they only brought it up in regard to combatting a rumor, maybe a rumor is all it was.

I do admit, when I saw that first interview I was new to following the case, and for some reason it seemed to me that DK brought up that rumor less to combat it and more to convey to viewers that the clerk HAD seen the family in town, but just had the details wrong. (Details meaning time of day and condition of the toddler.)

Those rumors are about them, this is about some random person they don't even know. They are looking for a scapegoat. They are looking for anyone who will take the suspicion off them. They are probably praying that if someone resembling the sketch is found he is not a volunteer for Doctors without Borders, lol. Or just anyone who will many people who will vouch for him, no criminal record, etc. This is why I think they may not want this person found because they will be able to defend themself.

I absolutely agree. I just think it's ironic that they seem to have no problem pointing fingers and accusing someone of a horrendous crime.

Those rumors are about them, this is about some random person they don't even know. They are looking for a scapegoat. They are looking for anyone who will take the suspicion off them. They are probably praying that if someone resembling the sketch is found he is not a volunteer for Doctors without Borders, lol. Or just anyone who will many people who will vouch for him, no criminal record, etc. This is why I think they may not want this person found because they will be able to defend themself.

The other thing is that maybe LE DID track down this poor man, found out he is just a normal, law abiding citizen with an alibi and didn't strut him out in public for scrutinization because he is not involved in the case.

But I agree with Arnie, that if someone was truly following a family around, that's a little weird. (Although if that store happens to be the closest store to the hiking trail, then that's not necessarily following. He might have recognized the family from the trail and so was looking at them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members