GUILTY Canada - Jayesh Prajapati, 44, fatally run over in gas & dash, Toronto, 15 Sept 2012

dotr

Reaction score
Gas-and-dash theft reward of $25,000 offered

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/gas-and-dash-theft-reward-of-25-000-offered-1.3228872image.jpeg

"Three years to the day gas station attendant Jayesh Prajapati was killed trying to stop a gas-and-dash theft, Toronto police have taken the unusual step of offering a $25,000 reward for the man wanted in connection to his death.

Prajapati, 44, came to Canada from India in 2006 with his wife and son. He held a master's degree in chemistry but was unable to find work in his field. He supported his family by working at the Shell gas station at the intersection of Roselawn Road and Marlee Avenue, near Eglinton Avenue West and Allen Road.

Just after 9 p.m. on Sept. 15, 2012, police say Max Edwin Tutiven, 39, of Toronto drove an Isuzu Rodeo up to the pumps, filled the vehicle's tank and some containers with $112.85 in gas before trying to flee without paying.

When Prajapati tried to stop him by standing in front of the vehicle and raising his arms, he was run down.

"The driver then accelerated … running him down and dragging him down the street," said Toronto police Det. Sgt. Stacy Gallant at a news conference Tuesday. "He then fled the scene, making no attempt to stop."

[video=youtube;_w5sMHN3RYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5sMHN3RYM[/video]

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/wanted/max-edwin-tutiven
rbbm

" Aliases: Max Edwin Leon / Maxwell Edwin / Max Edwin Tutivan / Max Fi Tutivan / Maxi Pad X Tra Tutiven / Maxipads Tutiven / Maxwell Edwin Tutiven
Sex: Male
Born: July 1973
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Weight: 220 lbs / 100 kg
Height: 5 ft 7 in / 170 cm
Wears eyeglasses
Scars:
Face, both cheeks
Right elbow
Right side of chest
Right side of abdomen

Warnings

Take no action to apprehend this person yourself. Report any information to the nearest RCMP detachment or the police in your area or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477."

ARREST!

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/09/17/suspect-arrested-in-gas-and-dash-killing.html

"Police in Montreal have arrested a suspect in a 2012 “gas-and-dash” theft that left a man dead in midtown Toronto.

Max Edwin Tutiven, now 42, was wanted on a second-degree murder charge in the death of 44-year-old Jayesh Prajapati. Tutiven was arrested around 9:30 am this morning after a Canada-wide arrest warrant was issued, said Montreal police spokesman Andre Leclerc.

Leclerc said investigators had received some information that Tutiven was in Montreal’s east-end. Police were going to get a warrant to enter the building, but Tutiven surrendered first, said Leclerc.

Two days earlier, Toronto police announced a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of a suspect in the case at a news conference, marking the three-year anniversary of Prajapati’s death."

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...india-died-brutal-death-over-113-dimanno.html
Sept 19 2017
[h=1]Hard-working immigrant from India died brutal death — over $113: DiManno[/h]Toronto gas station worker Jayesh Prajapati died trying to stop the driver of an SUV from fleeing without paying, a second-degree murder trial heard Tuesday.
A man who, as recalled outside court Tuesday by Liberal MP Mike Colle — this is his riding, the gas station he frequented, Prajapati someone he knew — would travel two hours by TTC every day, getting to his job from the family home in Etobicoke.

A hard-working immigrant from India with a master’s in chemistry who, said Colle, had obtained his Canadian citizenship not long before that night, Sept. 15, 2012.

A dreadful loss of a human life. Over $112.85.

That amount, Crown attorney Jenny Rodopoulos told a jury Tuesday, is what the driver of the SUV hadn’t paid after gassing up, after filling two jerry cans with gasoline as well, shoving them in the back seat of the vehicle.

The SUV just took off into the night, dragging Prajapati away, wedged beneath.

Max Tutiven was arrested in Montreal three years later. He has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder.

“What Mr. Prajapati didn’t know when he went to work that evening was that he would never finish his shift.”

The trial continues.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...ial-found-guilty-of-second-degree-murder.html
A Toronto man has been found guilty of second-degree murder in the death of a gas attendant in North York in 2012.

Max Edwin Tutiven pleaded not guilty, but admitted at trial that he hit and dragged Jayesh Prajapati, 44, with his SUV after stealing $112.85 worth of gas from the North York Shell station Sept. 15, 2012. Tutiven said he never saw the gas attendant near his vehicle, and did not realize he had hit a person until a couple of days later.

Prajapati, 44, died in the hospital after Tutiven’s SUV dragged him down Roselawn Ave. for 78 metres. Prajapati’s body was then dislodged and Tutiven drove away.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...as-had-no-peace-since-losing-her-husband.html
[h=1]Widow of gas-and-dash victim says she has had no peace since losing her husband[/h]
Vaishali described the scene hours later, when police knocked on the door of the Prajapatis one-bedroom apartment. Vaishali answered and was asked to sit down. Police said that Jayesh, the father of her then-12-year-old child and the man who “meant everything’ to her, had been killed.

“I didn’t know what was happening,” she said. “I went and laid down on my bed and cried. I cried for days and nights. I was in paralyzing shock. I was not eating or drinking anything. I was incapable of walking. If I tried, I would fall down.”

Jayesh and Vaishali had saved almost enough money to buy their first home. But when Jayesh died, Vaishali could barely afford to provide for her son Rishabh. They now live in a small, basement apartment, she said. She works as a labourer and does not earn a regular or reliable income.
Tutiven stared without expression straight ahead as Rishabh and Vaishali spoke. He rocked forward once in his seat, briefly bowing his head, only when Crown attorney Joseph Callaghan asked the judge that he be ineligible for parole for 17 years.

For second degree murder, Tutiven faces a mandatory sentence of life imprisonment and can’t apply for parole for at least 10 years.

Sept. 25 2018
Man, 64, sentenced in connection with 28-year-old Toronto cold case

"Nearly 28 years after the death of Surinder Singh Parmar in a gas station washroom, a 64-year-old man has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

Sixty-four-year-old Rupert Richards was arrested in 2015 and initially charged with first-degree murder. He was sentenced to 12 years in prison, but with time served, has seven years and nine months left.

“Would I have liked to have seen a higher sentence? Would I have liked to have seen a first-degree murder? Yes, I would have,” said Detective Sergeant Stacy Gallant."

"Richards, who is a permanent resident of Canada, now also faces deportation to his native Jamaica once he is done serving his sentence.

Parmar was killed in an alleged robbery attempt.

On Tuesday, the court heard how the father of two was stabbed 34 times as he defended himself against two assailants. An arrest warrant has been issued for a second suspect, who police say now resides in Jamaica".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back