797 users online (149 members and 648 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD - David Carter, 36, Whiteford, 14 Dec 2004

David Edward Carter

Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
    Alias / Nickname: Dave
    Date of Birth: 1968-01-01
    Date Missing: 2004-12-14
    From City/State: Whiteford, MD
    Missing From (Country): USA
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 36
    Race: White
    Height: 67 inches
    Weight: 175 pounds
    Hair Color: Lt. Brown
    Hair (Other): Mustache.
    Eye Color: Blue
    Complexion: Light
    Identifying Characteristics: Scar in the shape of a "H" on center of chest, missing several teeth, gap in upper front teeth, previously fractured left wrist.
    Clothing: Red sweatshirt, short sleeve orange shirt over top of sweatshirt, blue jeans, white socks, tan work boots.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
    Unknown. David was last seen between 2:00pm and 3:00pm leaving his place of employment in the vicinity of Taylor Rd. in Whiteford, MD. He was last seen getting into a 1993 Nissan regular cab pickup truck with two other male individuals.

Investigative Agency:
    Maryland State Police Department
    Phone: (410) 838-4101
    Investigative Case #: 04-53-028215
    NCIC #: M-904580878

Why no word on missing son?

Monday, September 12, 2005

I have never written to the editor before, and I don't know how to start, so I'll just say what's in my heart.

You read about all these people in the news who have been missing, like the Runaway Bride and all the dear ones who really are missing. My son, David Edward Carter, has been missing since Dec. 14, 2004, and not one word has ever been said about him.

The investigation is still going on, the police assure me. Meanwhile, the ones responsible for David being missing walk free. It's not fair. My son is just as important as anybody else's child.

Maybe we don't have enough money to offer big rewards, but it should be on the news about his disappearance just like all the others.

We mailed the following link to stations in Hagerstown, Baltimore, DC, Harrisburg, and some newspapers as well. We are getting a fair bit of traffic right now from stories we are posting about Taylor Behl because she is local to the DC and Richmond areas so we will see what happens. We included the text of the letter to YDR in the emails.

That is great Absolut. I hope something comes of this, for the family of David.

Penn's woods
    I checked the archives and other missing sites for any articles that would have covered David.

I can only find the one letter to the editor that his Mother wrote back in 2005.

Very disheartening for me, I can't imagine what his Mother is going through. Bless her heart.

Penn's woods

Cash reward now offered in the cold case of missing man

Reported by: Christina Butler
    Email: ChristinaButler@cbs21.com
    Contributor: Ryan Eldredge
    Published: 4:55 pm
    Updated: 4:56 pm

It's been more than six years since David Edward Carter disappeared. Police suspect foul play. Carter would be 43 years old, his last known address is Aubel Road in Peach Bottom Township.

I used to live in that area and knew Dave. I wonder if the police checked the quarries. Most are filled with water and are really deep.

I couldnt get the other link to open, so not sure if it's the same info or not. I didn't realize he was from pa, but missing from md. I've been looking at unidentified in md for him for the last hour. Now im thinking i should be looking in pa!

Eta: that has him listed in peachbottom township pa , while charley project had him peachbottom township md
    Last edited by winterrayne; 01-12-2015 at 09:41 AM. Reason: found conflicting info